1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The best backup QBs in the league

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Aggieman, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    From: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/08/26/backups/index.html?eref=T1

4. San Diego: Billy Volek -- When a team can insert its backup into a road playoff game and have him mount a fourth-quarter comeback for the win -- in the Colts' raucous RCA Dome no less -- that's all you could ever ask of a No. 2. How much is that worth?

Gettin some love for #7 from SI

From: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/137443-order-top-32-backup-quarterbacks-nfl.html

"And I think Billy Volek should be above Sage Rosenfels."

Getting some love from a.......Raider Fan?
    Oh! I love his sig.: Raiders Superbowl 09 Baby!...?
    Cracks me up everytime!!!!:icon_rofl:

2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Thanks for the post aggieman, interesting read. If Volek had a chance in Norv's system, he could really thrive. Don't get me wrong, I love Philip...but I feel good having Volek behind him. Didn't he light up the air with back to back 400+ yard games filling in for Steve McNair a few years ago? That's with the Titan offense? He can get it done...NO DOUBT!

A side note from that article... Indy was at #23 and the Patriots at #30. Imagine what would happen to them if they had our misfortune in a play-off game. Volek's signing is just another sweet deal by A.J.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Moving on.... Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +1,422
    • Like Like x 1
  4. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    Brian Griese and Sage Rosenfels over Volek? I don't think so.
    I'm not saying this because I'm some homer, but look at their play.
    When Griese was a Donkey, I'd love to see him come into the game when we played them. Rosenfels is a bit better than Girese, but doesn't have the skills Volek does. Todd Collins is good. I'll admit that he could start for a few teams in need of a QB. So Volek should've been #2.

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    SI ranks Volek #4 among backup QB's

...You may have to merge this one with aggieman's thread, best back-up QBs.