1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The best backup QBs in the league

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Aggieman, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    From: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/08/26/backups/index.html?eref=T1

4. San Diego: Billy Volek -- When a team can insert its backup into a road playoff game and have him mount a fourth-quarter comeback for the win -- in the Colts' raucous RCA Dome no less -- that's all you could ever ask of a No. 2. How much is that worth?

Gettin some love for #7 from SI

From: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/137443-order-top-32-backup-quarterbacks-nfl.html

"And I think Billy Volek should be above Sage Rosenfels."

Getting some love from a.......Raider Fan?
    Oh! I love his sig.: Raiders Superbowl 09 Baby!...?
    Cracks me up everytime!!!!:icon_rofl:

2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Thanks for the post aggieman, interesting read. If Volek had a chance in Norv's system, he could really thrive. Don't get me wrong, I love Philip...but I feel good having Volek behind him. Didn't he light up the air with back to back 400+ yard games filling in for Steve McNair a few years ago? That's with the Titan offense? He can get it done...NO DOUBT!

A side note from that article... Indy was at #23 and the Patriots at #30. Imagine what would happen to them if they had our misfortune in a play-off game. Volek's signing is just another sweet deal by A.J.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    • Like Like x 1
  4. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    Brian Griese and Sage Rosenfels over Volek? I don't think so.
    I'm not saying this because I'm some homer, but look at their play.
    When Griese was a Donkey, I'd love to see him come into the game when we played them. Rosenfels is a bit better than Girese, but doesn't have the skills Volek does. Todd Collins is good. I'll admit that he could start for a few teams in need of a QB. So Volek should've been #2.

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    SI ranks Volek #4 among backup QB's

...You may have to merge this one with aggieman's thread, best back-up QBs.