1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The best thing about playing Chicago week one...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    ...Is that Rex Grossman will still be thier QB...I would rather face him then just about anyone...

He gets really, really flustered w/anything in his face.

Although, the Chicago D looks pretty damn solid thus far...Stingy as hell.

TBF

2. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    They remind me of the Ravens.

A strong, defensive minded team.

A great matchup for us.

Oldie Out

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The best thing about playing the Bears in Week 1 is that the game is at home and the fans deserve it.

After that it sets the tone for a Super Bowl showdown and it also sends a massive nut shot across the bow of the NFC that we beat arguably your best. Convincingly. I smell some domination of asses quite frankly. :yes: :bolt:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So you know the smell of *** domination?? :icon_shrug: :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I'm not a big fan of anything "Manning", but this goober can play and has a very damn good offense. His brother blows Ryan Leaf BTW.

TBF

6. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)
    That's the best part about playing them at home in week one IMHO. Rexy ain't looking too sexy at the moment. I'm watching the game out of one eye, and I think he's already thrown two interceptions.

Put Rex Grossman up against the (unfettered) Chargers Defense, and it'll be ugly. Chicago fans at home will be weeping in front of their televisions, and screaming to have Grossman yanked. Could very well be another 6+ sack game for the Chargers Defense. :tup:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm not so worried about the Bears. Yes, they are good team, but if we play the way we should, we'll get a hard earned win. I'm more worried that the Bears will wear us down a bit because they are a tough team.

Going to play the Pats the following weekend in NE after the Bears will be tough. On the positive, if we win both, we'll know that two of the toughest teams on our schedule are behind us.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Grossman has looked Baaaad today.

Their defense will be a big test for the Bolts offense, and their special teams is one of the best in the league IMO. That said, I cant wait to see Grossman's *** cash a few of the checks that Urlacher wrote with his mouth. I hope to see the Bears pay on BOTH sides of the ball, but the defense should really be looking to put alot of heat on Rex. That should be common sense and I will be eager to see how Ted comes to play.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    OK I take back my stance on Grossman...Fire his *** now and let GREASE "E" play...

TBF

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    OT: Did anyone see that interview with Grossman tonight? That eyebrow wax job is hideous, he looks like the Joker.

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm not as impressed with Chicago on either side of the ball.

Last season and including the Super Bowl, the Bears went 2-3 versus AFC teams.

In 4 out of 5 games versus the AFC, they scored 17 points or less, and 3 of those 13 points or less.

Comparatively, the Chargers went 4-0 versus NFC teams, averaging 33 points per game, and giving up 20 points per game.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    all you need to do is hit the Bears QB hard a few times and he crumbles

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    yeah what he said.

Grossman looked terrible tonight

What worries me a little bit is too many of the players wanting payback versus the pats and looking past week one. some fo the new coaching staff might not know the players well enough to recognize signs of that. Fortunately we have alot of old staff left.

just something else to worry about:icon_shrug:

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I don't think the players will be looking past the Bears, especially with the jawing that Urlacher has done regarding the team and LT.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    ....I should have my new lcd panel. :abq2:

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Why - yes . :yes: :icon_eek: :icon_twisted:

17. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    :icon_rofl:
    :lttehghost:

18. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I don't even think I want to know .. :no:

19. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Another plus about playing the Bears, is that we have Ron Rivera on our side now who might know a thing or two about them. :)

20. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That is my main concern as well, especially since we will have a short week to prepare.

We need to jump on these guys early, and make Grossman put the ball in the air. :tup:

21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Because it's the season opener, I don't think we'll be looking past the Bears. The Bears were a SB team last year, and with Urlacher talking ****, I'm sure the Bolts will be ready for that one.

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Is it me, or did it look as if the Colts receivers were getting open almost every play last night? I swear, Manning was getting 5-6 seconds to throw.

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jes the smell of ***...any ***...is what he's most familiar with :icon_rofl: :icon_tease: :flag:

24. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Im sure he is imparting some knowledge. Another plus to Rivera is that he has emphasized turnovers - it really stuck out in Saturday's game against the Rams. I love Phillips strip of the ball early, and I think Merriman had one too. I'll put the over/under for Bears turnovers in week 1 at 3, taking the over. Grossman will account for 2 of them :)

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i concur BUT its preseason and the bears front four was very good at rushing the passer. Ogulynte (sp?) and ANderson are good pass rushers.

26. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    They've lost a lot of strength in the middle of their defensive line. Say what you will about Tank Johnson... dude was a beast.

Chicago does not worry me. If anything, they should be worried about us.

27. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I perused the Bears' forum last night to get the fans' reactions to last night's game.

One Rex Grossman homer said that he still thought Chicago would beat us 30-17. :lol:

To which, another Bears fan replied:

"Bears score 30 points on Chargers? How.. Oh yeah we take two Rivers' INTs back for TD and Hester returns a kick for TD. Cuz Rex aint gonna reach the endzone. The Chargers get 17 off 3 Rex turnovers."

:icon_rofl:

28. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    The first 2 weeks will set the tone for the rest of the season much like it did in 2005 when we lost our first 2 games. If we win both, it will send a loud message that the bolts mean business.

I like opening with Chicago because Rex looked really bad last night and will look even shakier with Shawne and Shaun after him.:yes: