1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Boy Band of the NFL!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Aug 10, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    There were a sh!t load of Cowboy fans there but none of them were starting trouble.

Though as I was leaving through the parking lot, a few started yelling that this is their stadium... look around you. Five rings vs. none and crap like that.

I couldn't resist and told them "your rings aren't going to help you this season!!!"

One of them got really upset and approached me saying "that's real original."

I replied by saying "how original is it to follow the media's team? That's no different that following the Backstreet Boys because they sell a lot of records. That's your team... the Boy Band of NFL!!!"

That really got him to the point where he wanted to fight. He was fuming and I asked "why are you so upset?"
    I could have taken him out but I backed off. Than I got to thinking "that's a great identity for Dallas."

They're not America's Team... THEY'RE THE MEDIA'S TEAM!!!"
    NFL'S BOY BAND!!!

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL!! :lol:

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,613
    In my section we had two chuckle heads walk by with a sign. He stuck in right in face of the folks who sits next to me. I just yelled "ONE AND DONE". They didn't say a word after that. :lol:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What did the sign say?

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Does that make Wade Phillips the Lou Pearlman of the NFL?

[​IMG]

I see a definite resemblance. :lol:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LOL. Maybe but there is no criminal activity on Wade's part.

8. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    tons of fighting where I was :icon_shrug: kind of sweet to not have actually been the cause :icon_rofl:

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I was big time amatuer night last night at the Q.

There were a ton of drunks and a ton of crap talking 'boy' fans. We had a few 20 something 'boy' fans in my area that F' bombed every other word right in front of my daughter. Someone please teach kids better, more effective adjectives.

Most of the season ticket holders by my area were not present. The parking lot was a damn nightmare getting out. Like I said earlier... It was amatuer night in the stadium and leaving the P-Lot. Once the real season starts and we have the professional fans, things we get better.

Chargers looked OK... So all is good.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WOW!!! I didn't see anything like that but then again, my seats are in the Plaza section so not much happens there.

For the Broncos game last year, I sat in the view section and the behavior was very different

11. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Im field level, 30 yard line, Chargers side, 2nd row from the top. We never get drama (or hardly ever) unless it's preseason. MCRD owns 3 seats in front of us and two to our left, so those are always someone different, but usually its quiet in the good seats...

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,613
    Something about "5 rings" and some other bullshit about the stadium being the Cowboys "warehouse". One of the folks who sit next to me yelled something about Dallas being the "attention whorehouse" that's when they brought the sign by.

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,613
    I took the trolley and when I left none of the cowpie fans were talking any **** at that time.

But you're right. I think most of the cowpud fans who showed up never went to a game before and acted like total idiots. I had thought about bringing my son to this game. Later I decided to take him to the Seattle game instead.

14. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Not a bad idea...It wasn't Raider game bad by any stretch, but it was big time amatueresqe... I really don't get fans chanting through the parking lot, waving flags, and claiming we suck during the tailgate of a preseason game. Games such as this bring out the rookie, game going fan and it shows in all aspects of the game.

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I seldom hear Texas and class mentioned in the same breath since the passing of the Landry era. Of our two Texas Presidents, Democrat LBJ was known for being particularly crass and W. is, well, W. General Phil Sheridan once said, "If I owned both Texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell".

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :icon_rofl:

17. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I've been trying to trade Texas to Mexico for Baja California. Mexico won't take it! :icon_rofl:

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +654
    So much for the new conduct rule :icon_shrug:

19. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I couldn't resist and told them "your rings aren't going to help you this season!!!"

One of them got really upset and approached me saying "that's real original."

I replied by saying "how original is it to follow the media's team? That's no different that following the Backstreet Boys because they sell a lot of records. That's your team... the Boy Band of NFL!!!"

Pretty weak exchange of insults, with the lack of hatred and bad blood I guess that's exceptable, but still a strange encounter.