1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Bunker Is Gone

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    In case some of you haven't posted over there, the site has officially closed. Some of the regular Bunker residents such as myself will be spending more time on this site now. We will still continue the tradition of hosting our tailgate in the same spot over in M4 under the trolley bridge, and we invite any of the former members of the bunker, as well as members from any of the other Charger fan sites to come and hang out with a fun group of people. Also, I will continue to help organize activities such as the annual Home Opener tailgate party and also coordinating the Porta Potty fund that we have had great success in maintaining for the past few years. I feel privileged to be able to post freely here as I had at the other site. If you have any questions about our tailgate parties or want to know more about helping with the bathroom fund, feel free to contact me via PM or meet me at the tailgate area and say hello.

Thanks,

Pointy (Keeper of the sacred bathroom keys)

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    As long as you don't say "I love the smell of Porta Potties in the morning" ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Sorry to hear about the Bunker closing Pointy. Long live the Bunker!.

(good to hear u guys will be hanging out here though)

• Like Like x 2
  4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    It was a quick death, I wonder what happened

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Sorry for the loss of the bunker but I'm sure I speak for all BTers that you guys will always have a home with us

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Thanks for the sentiments, but I am guessing that the bottom line is that sometimes people just have to move on. In the meantime, there are tailgates to plan and I could always use an extra hand in regards to helping organize our events. I am still very happy to be around such a great group of Chargers fans!

Live Long.jpg
    Long live the Bunker! Now it's time to start a new "phase" over at M4...

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Damn, it must have taken a direct hit, sad to hear.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sorry to hear about the Bunker. Great site, great folk.

9. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    that sucks about the Bunker- great people and a great site. I'll never forget the M4 tailgate when the Eurobolts came to San Diego for the Eagles game :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Sad news about the Bunker. You guys are definitely most welcome here though :)

On the bright side, the M4 Tailgate lives on! I'm happy to help coordinating stuff if you ever need a hand, just let me know what I can do. The only game I won't be making it to for sure this year is the home opener. My Best Friend just had to get married in Colorado that weekend :p

11. HBM

HBM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    As one member put it, it was time to take the Bunker behind the shed and put a bullet in it. All good people over there, and as the site owner I know most everyone will either come over here or go to other sites to keep in touch, and let the M4 tailgates live on. The quick death most likely left many questions, but everyone needs to know....it was just time! Thanks everyone for your understanding.....it's time to move on........

Peace! HBM

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    My God, Syd, I never knew you were such a lame, fair-weather fan...putting a measly wedding before a Charger game! I'm disgusted!

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    may it RIP

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    :roflmao:

Not many weddings would get such a pass in my book but since we've been friends since we were 7 years old I figured I could make the sacrifice ;)

First thing I told her when I got the "save the date" info, was that she SHOULD have scheduled her wedding the week of Nov 18th. Then I could have gone to the game in Denver before hopping on a flight home :p

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Hey Greg;

It would still be nice if you can make it to a game or two, and your folks are very cool coming to our events. You had a real challenge keeping the site going and having a hectic work schedule, along with family matters. Now you have a little more time to take care of those other things.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Chris;

We are still at the same party spot, next time you get to make it to San Diego just let me know and we will take care of you or your folks. When are the Eurobolts planning on showing up again?

Pointy

• Like Like x 1
  17. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Greg nice to see you here and stayin in touch! I agree it was time, hated to see it go but...Like Vic said family other stuff is more important that running a web site.

18. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    I wonder if anyone can conjure up an arcade around here?...

19. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    good point Pointy;)

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Damn, Pointy I missed this. Sorry to hear about the Bunkers demise.