1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Case for Jacob Hester

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 14, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Interesting read about Jacob Hester.

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's a great read Thumper. Hester is going to be the surprise of this draft, I just know it. He's going to be this years Weddle. Everybody will be talking McFadden and the other backs, but Hester is going to show everyone he's the real deal. 'WarDaddy" is going to bring it! I want to call him "White Lightning" myself.....

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    But BoltJolt said Hester isn't capable of being a feature back!!!

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    He is wrong. :yes:

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Great article on Hester ....

An aside ... that is funny.

It's funny because Eric Dickerson and Craig James were teammates on SMU's "Pony Express" backfield .... yet the article fails to mention that.

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Then their is Keith Lincoln, Dickie Post, Jim Kiick, Larry Csconka, Franko Harris(half and half) and a few others. Quite simply, the better caucasian athletes who might fit the physical type for running back have gravitated to other sports. The nature of this society presents to them a whole raft of opportunities often unavailable to others who ain't white. The attitudes of West Virginia and Kentucky voters toward Obama are merely blunter than those of the wider, more polite socieity. How many baseball players who are white opted out of football? How many are swimmers or water polo players? How many are playing lacrosse (like the atypical Jim Brown)? How many are playing soccer? How many are playing Rugby? This isn't about genes, this is about turf. It's all about ego and perceptions.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Comedy ... right there.

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    White power!!!

:flag:

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :unsure:

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    It's a joke and besides, did people complain when the Spice Girls said "GIRL POWER!!" :icon_shrug:

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You just tried to get my credit card number from me because I'm drunky. FUK YOU

12. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    It is interesting to see just how many folks buy into his being over looked because he is white.....I always thought teams wanted to win these days and no longer care about the color of a mans skin.

2008 and people still hung up on race... dam.

13. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I agree.

The reason why Hester has been overlooked is that he doesn't measure out like most premiere football players. He is slow by featured back terms, small by FB terms, and fails the eyeball test.

That being said, he is a WARRIOR and a welcomed addition to the team.

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I'm gonna say it because nobody else has.

Jacob Hester is a lighter faster version of Mike Alstott.

15. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...And a bigger, faster version of one of my alltime favorites, Jim Taylor. Hester's quick first step, one-cut running style is certainly going to move those chains but I believe his burst is going to break some runs too.

16. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Key note here and prolly the most important: Hester does not fumble. 1 fumble in his collegiate career and even that he could not control. For that one fumble he has made up for it ten fold on every other Saturday. Sundays will make no difference. It is funny that how an athlete with so little flash can get so much attention! :bolt:

On another note, I find it a disgrace that black and white ever came into this thread. For those that believe it to be a factor, prepare to eat that crow with a dish of vanilla on the side. Speaking in a sense of performance of course.