1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Charger Wide Recievers - A Growing Threat

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Jan 3, 2008.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Here is a spectacular video, made by one of the Chargers.com posters (j4son).

We have, of course, been gaga over Chris Chambers, but I think VJ has really started to come into his own with some veteran guidance. Buster, while starting slow and suffering a few injuries early on, has also started to mature. While we haven't seen him in a while. Floyd is great depth. I still think we haven't seen the last of Eric Parker, either.

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs this year, next year is going to be an extremely exciting one. As Rivers grows and adapts to his young stable of pass-catchers, we may have the basis of the best aerial attack we've had since Air Coryell ruled the skies.

Credit has to go to AJ for the acquisition that changed the complexion of the Charger offense so suddenly.

Oh, and while you're there, check out some of j4son's other vids. There's a particularly cool Cro vid :tup: Much props.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    chris chambers saved our season

Not just with him great play, but by teaching VJ and Davis how to be better WRs and by taking the pressure of everyone else on the offense

This was definatly one of the best moves AJ has made as the charger GM

3. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I just hope Norv has been saving something for the post season.

4. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    I really hope they find a way to get VJ more involved

5. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Yes Malcom Floyd :icon_rofl::abq1:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    where the hell was he all year for my FF team

:icon_sad:

j/k

great vids!

THANKS!!!

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    that rocked!:tup:

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Norv has brought this team to a new level that we haven't seen since the Coryell days. We're not there completely yet, but it's all around the corner.

9. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Nice video .. I do think however there are some multiple factors for the wideouts getting a bit more play this year. More defenses are starting to (finally) focus more on Gates and also Chambers has released some of the pressure earlier in the year that VJ was experiencing. At any rate, things are looking better and nice to see some TDs to WR for a change. It means the offense is starting to become even more dynamic.

10. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    [​IMG]
    Has that EVER happened before???

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Yes, I agree. If Rivers ever hits one of them in the clear it's good night. VJ, is due a game breaker and I think we'll see it this Sunday.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I do too. I've noticed for many years opposing fans would always say, "Just stop LT with 8 or 9 in the box and you stop the Chargers". That's what I hope they keep thinking. Because when Chambers, VJ and Davis go downfield with 8,9 in the box, somebody is going to be wide open or single coverage biting on play action. I predict VJ or Chambers is going to have a big day Sunday. But rain could put a "damper" on that. The video showed how far our passing game has come. Nobody respects it (yet) but they will after it's raining footballs and TDs! :tup: Keep stacking the box folks. Our WR's, PR & Gates will have a field day! Don't forget Naanee and Parker too.

13. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Save it for Indy! :yes:

14. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Save nothing...beat the hell of the Titans, then deal with the Colts...:icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  15. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    ...and then some...

16. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    CHURCH M'FER!!:abq2:

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Madness you say? No
    THIS IS CHARGER FOOTBALL!!!!

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Are you ready for some Chargers football??!!

19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I think the main thing holding our receivers back has been Philip Rivers and his "reluctance" to involve them more in the passing game. Guys are getting open more than their production makes it seem.

That has been Chambers' biggest contribution, giving Rivers confidence in looking to the outside and down the field more.

This will start to pay real dividends next year, then this offense is really going to be scary.

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Especially since VJ is learning how to catch more with his hands. I begin to think that our receivers are going to be scary starting in two days.

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I've been critical of VJ, but I have seen some things in the past couple games that have shown me he is growing as a receiver, and I'm glad to see it.

22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    At some point this team will change from a run first approach to a pass frist approach. LT's production will start to dimish (in about 2-3) years, by that time Rivers, Gates, VJ and Davis will be in their prime and Chambers will be the savy veteran.

23. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Chambers is straight up fierce. I think he is was the missing piece.

Well, that and Cottrell releasing the hounds.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Chambers' veteran influence may be a big part of that. :tup:

With Parker out, I'm sure glad that we were able to make this acquisition. Thank you, AJ & Miami. :yes:

25. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    With Parker back next season, Rivers will expand his view of the field further. He will have to look for Chambers, Gates and Parker, his three prime receivers, but in the process he will learn to make the same kind of progressions that Fouts made when he had Jefferson, Chandler, Winslow and Joiner. VJ will be an integral part of that. When adding Davis to the mix, we have a legit four wide receiver set that no one, not even New England, will be able to match. Far from diminishing LT's production, it may actually, in the long run, increase it. I take stock at the moment and we can afford a pure Fat Boy draft, since our choices are somewhat limited this year. I realize that this a somewhat radical concept, but we have depth at every offensive position except the line. We have decent depth on the D Line, but the rest of the defense is hip deep in alligators who chomp opponents. It would depend on the quality of who is coming out in the Fat Boy pageant, but we don't NEED to draft anyone at any "skill" position. Oh wait. I forgot to mention my soft spot. Naanee. There is a saying. "Youth will be served". We have youth everywhere in spades, except among the Fat Boys. Oben, Goff, Binn, Jamal. We have to find successors soon. Binn has been ice skating through the snapping duties for so long that we forget how many seasons he has behind him. The guy can continue to lose precious bodily fluids to the most beautiful women on the planet for so long before it finally takes it's toll. I'm with Trumpy. Get us more FAT BOYS.

26. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    :icon_rofl:

27. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Dooood. Parker is slick. He's our Welker. Gotta lose some fluids. TTFN.