1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Chargers are not who we thought they were

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Oct 19, 2009.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Back to hoping for a .500 team

:tdown:

and fuk this Monday night, Sunday night bullshiit.

We don't deserve it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl: - dude the Chosen One is not done. :flag:

3. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Does he play defense

:icon_party:

4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Cosigned.

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    No Norv doesn't desrve it!

6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Can I SCREAM now??

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    ANT laughed two PODCASTS ago when I said this team would go 7-9.

All of you who follow this team with the proctoscope know that when Jamal went down - asses puckered bigtime. :yes:

The end of the world as we know it is upon us unless A.J. does something in the next 24 hours.

8. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    You predicted it to me Trumpy during the preseason.

9. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    amen!

10. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Norv Turner.... he is who I thought he as (and he proves it again and again each week). :tdown:

11. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Maybe the world wouldn't end if we got rid of AJ also!

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I was not kidding and now it is unfolding. We needed to get better in the trenches and Vasquez is the only thing which panned out so far. Losing Igor did not help. Merriman needs to get on the juice again. Our center and RT position are hurting this team. Our inside linebacking is thin. Trenches. Any fan who wants to see this team go the distance should be thinking BEEF and anything else is all bullshit and not even worthy to think about.

13. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    There it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I'd definetely use 6 picks on beef, and maybe a Michael Turner clone RB

EDIT: getting a nasty RT in FA would be that bad either

15. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

Yup, I think we all screamed for beef. What hurts even more is the lack of creativity due to the Norv affect

16. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    there is plenty wrong, but the two glaring things that stuck out last night was the NORV effect on 3rd & goal taking LT out then running my boy.

and

Seeing LT in the open field and NOT being able to beat the only guy in the 619 area code.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    BFISA wanted to fight me when I said 6-10 @ the open of TC. Ron can confirm this. I did however say it in jest (like most of what I say), but I did say it was a possibility.

:yes:

18. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The Chargers are not who the media made them out to be. Most of you just bought into the hype instead of analyzing this team and thinking for yourself. We were 8-8 last year and will be lucky to be 8-8 this season. Playoffs... are you kidding me. :no:

19. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Our time has passed us by. We will go down in history as one of the most talented underachieving teams of all time.

Time waits for no one and the years we wasted with Norv was just that, a waste of time.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Give up two TD's on special teams, don't protect your quarterback, forget how to run the football and not rush the opposing QB. Hell, we're lucky to have even been in this game.

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    he was done after his 3rd freaking sack!

22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I see LT, Merriman and Cromartie gone next season.And there are several others who are now fighting for a job, and Chris Chambers is one of those players.

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Rivers seemed to be one of a handful of players trying to win.

24. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I asked Conc to tweet that Jamal was the ONE guy we absolutely could not afford to lose this season...

****ing sucks being right most the time.

25. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Add Clary, Gregory, Hester, Osgood, Davis, Siler, and Murzkowski to that list.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It does suck. I have been preaching BEEF for YEARS and Jamal going down was my worst nightmare. The cliche that one player does not make a team certainly does not apply here.

I have a feeling A.J. Smith will do nothing as far as a trade to rub it into the face of Spanos for signing LT....a sort of "I told you so" that we needed to cut LT and focus on the lines. This is a really screwed feeling to shake ...

• Like Like x 1
  27. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Wait a second, so you still think the restructuring of LaDainian Tomlinson's this past offseason is to blame for the lack of big FA signings/BEEF drafting!?! That couldn't be farther from the truth because we had plenty of opportunities to bring someone in for immediate help completely within the restrictions of a salary cap and I highly doubt AJ Smith avoided doing so as an F-U to the ownership that writes his paycheck.

Besides, if anything, LT was a play maker last night. He can still studder-step and cut better than most running backs and the lack of production is not at all Tomlinson's fault. The offensive line is blowing it, not LT and having a superstar player with a superstar contract is not the reason that the line sucks. The line sucks because the draft choices were poor or the undrafted free agent signings yeild little results. It has very little to do with paying a starting RB a large salary.

In short, I wholly reject the notion that LaDainian Tomlinson's contract is siphoning much needed $$$ from the coffer that could be used to shore up weak front lines. There's been opportunity and for whatever reason, most of which we'll never know, they were not taken.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    A.J. wanted to go in a different direction so much so that Dean Spanos stepped in to get LT in camp. This team has been traditionally up against the cap so we did not have a lot of wiggle room last year.

Unloading a RB who is eating up 10% of the cap creates some nice space to pillage the NFL for fat dudes.

But it gets back to the point that no one seems to be talking about and that was A.J. getting undermined by Dean in signing LT.

A.J. is now in a position to say "I told you so."

Face it - LT has not done **** 6 weeks into the season
    and he is getting $8 million. This has been going on now for 2 years.

29. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

I don't see these contract problems from teams like the Vikings, who somehow found enough money to extend contracts to Pat and Kevin Williams, and then go get players like Hutchinson, Favre, Shiancoe, Berrian, and Jared Allen. Why is it that all I ever hear is how we have no money to spend on free agents? It's all because of one contract to a runningback? LT restructured his deal, and we then resigned Rivers to one of the biggest contracts in football. The bottom line is that AJ hasn't looked to help build the defensive or offensive line in YEARS. He thinks he can fill the holes there with late picks in the draft, and it has come back to bite him in the ***.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LT's restructure did not save the team any money this year. What we got was the opportunity to cut his *** prior to camp next year and not suffer any cap hits.

In other words, we now know how much we are going to spend on the cap next year on OUR terms and NOT LT's.