1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Chargers INVADE MiraMar's TOP GUN

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    San Diego Chargers come to Miramar

Submitted by: MCAS Miramar
    Story by: Computed Name: Pfc. Austin Goacher

MARINE CORPS AIR STATION MIRAMAR, Calif.(Aug. 8, 2007) -- The San Diego Chargers take to the field here Saturday at 10 a.m., bringing service members a one-of-a-kind opportunity to see one of the top-ranked NFL teams in action during a practice session.

The station hosts the Chargers organization in cooperation with Marine Corps Community Services as the trio brings this free military appreciation event to the air station.

“The entire team will perform a walk-through practice and sign autographs,” said Denise Fairbanks, the special events manager for MCCS.

The event will also feature a performance by the Charger Girls, free food and beverages for attendees, and autograph and photograph opportunities with Charger players.

Events with interaction between the military and local athletes create a bond in the community, according to Pfc. Cody White, a Miramar Marine who plans to attend the event.

“I look forward to meeting the Chargers and their cheerleaders because it isn’t something I can do everyday,” said White. “I think they really boost morale by doing events like this."

“I’ve been to military appreciation events before, but I haven’t been to one where a whole team came out so I really look forward to the event,” said White.

The event is open, free of charge, to all eligible patrons.

For more information visit www.mccsmiramar.com.

2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    isn't one of the two preseason game salways military appreciation night.:flag: I still remember two seasons back when the helicopters buzzed the field wshile the kickoff was in the air at the start of the game vs SF..one of the cooler things i've seen like that.:icon_toast:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Seahawks game is Military Appreciation Night :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Missed it, we gave our tickets away.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'm going

last year the Bolts did one practice on the Stennis (Carrier) and one at Camp Pendleton

6. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

I can still remember the military guys when I used to go to Padres games at "the Murph" as a little kid back around '75-ish. I remember they'd get a whole section to sit in, and when the sound guy would play the song for that branch of the Armed Forces, the whole section would jump up and start hollering like hell. :tup:

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good ****, Chargers!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I was one of those young lads in 1986...It was really weird watching my team, at my stadium, as a Marine recruit...We could only cheer when we were told to cheer...

We new of the upcoming event so I wrote my mom...Two of my sisters and a nutty bro in law showed up...Nutty bro in law found a drill instructor (just happend to be mine) and asked if he could say Hi...Boy did I pay for that for several hours once we got back to the depot...

My bro in law had baseballs that I believe Eric Show gave him...Needless to say, I DI took both.

TBF