1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Sep 25, 2011.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    have many players who need to step up and be leaders

Corey Liuget (R)- has only 3 tackles, even tho hes pushing the pocket, i want to see a bigger impact

Eric weddle - this guy just got Deion Sanders kind of money, he needs to make more plays and constantly be contesting the ball while in the air

Bob Sanders- I dont know about you guys but this is not the Bob i was expecting. he plays intense. but wheres the turn overs he can cause.

Mike tolbert- some one please explain to him that he is a bruiser not a scat back. he needs to learn to run like he was n not drop the ball..

these are the people i think are our leaders but dont show it so far

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    They are about to play their 3rd game of the season...

Perhaps the thread is a lil premature?

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    no
    im not bashing them, i know its early.. im just saying these are the players that i know they can achieve more than what we as fans are seeing

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its all good. I am just saying that perhaps we need to see more before we question if or if not they are performing as we like.

Vs. the Vikings the D looked good for most of the game. Against the Pats... well... Moving on...

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    yea thats mostly where im coming from. I just dont understand how we could keep AP and the vikings in check but get killed by Ben jarvius green ellis? and our pass coverage just seem to get picked apart... I guess what im mostly saying is these guys who can be elite need to put the team on their back and help carry the load some.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Part of it was that I think the Pats had or D intimidated. They were second guessing themselves and not communicating. Not a good thing at all, but I dont think that will be our D. If it is, well we can choose who to root for in January... ;)

7. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    haha, most def im really hoping our d comes together cause the playing this vanilla D aint cutting it.. If this is our D in april im calling for Brandon Thompson DT. let garay help train him up and ship castillo off

8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I'll take Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida St move Liuget to Castillo's spot and send him packing.

9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    ehh im not really sold on Brandon Jenkins yet. I've been watching him im going to have to see alil more tape

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    My Monday report, Tuesday edition:

Liuget=Injured
    Sanders=Injured
    Weddle=Changed game, won it for us.

Any other issues?

11. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    yea my main issues are the chemistry, turn overs, and no one wanting to be the leaders

12. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Besides his stupid decision in the Patriots game, I'm not really sure where he has acted like a scat back. 1 fumble this year.

13. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i love mike tolbert i watched him play at college, but so far this season it looks like hes trying way to hard to get the yards and run around instead of go through, mike is our pounder. i wish he'd stick to that mentality

14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Well, you can't lead wearing a cast, sitting on the sidelines or lying in a hospital bed... And as I said before, I will take bad chemistry and anything else, as long as the W is on the scoreboard in our favor. We are fortunate that this team has great chemistry, turnovers can be corrected in the long run, and that there are acknowledged leaders on the squad. You don't often see it because you are on the outside. Catch a film clip of someone like Spikes or Rivers and tell me why you think they aren't qualified as leaders.

15. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i know theyre leaders, but i wanna see them act it on the field, they need to get their units together. defence needs to be nastier, and our O, im to digusted with it to even talk about it.. it can all be fixed and this is just early season ranting. i just want us to get our act together so we will be recongized as the team we are

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    In a way, I can see your point. One thing I will always remember is someone like Junior who would do that move after a stop or a fierce tackle, and it would fire up the fans like it was nobody's business. You knew he was the leader out there and it was good for publicity, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    thats exactly what i think were missing

18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    So a "leader" is defined as someone who plays to the crowd? My definition of leader is a bit different. Takeo is clearly the leader of the defense now, and he doesn't do it by showboating. He does it be LEADING. After the Chargers couldn't get the first down at the end of the game on Sunday, Takeo walked into the defensive huddle and said, "This is it, who's going to be the one to make a play?" And 5 or 6 guys piped up and said they would. Takeo responded by saying, "OK then, I"ll meet you in the end zone."

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    I think what 1993 is trying to say is that the leader isn't visible to the public during the game. It has nothing to do necessarily with playing to the crowd. I was merely using my reference to Seau as a leader you can visualize trying to rally his defensive mates. Some leaders are subtle, like Rivers who doesn't go out and give a lot of attaboys to his offense usually until someone scores... IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  20. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    yea thats exactly what i mean, i want some one to make a play and pump up their unit, see merriman in his prime the D would get better after his ack n lights out dance. i want that back

21. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    You don't have to be sold on him. I'll let his stats speak for themselves.

2010 stats: He ranked sixth nationally in total sacks with 13.5, and was tied for fourth nationally with 21.5 tackles for loss -- the third-best season in FSU history. He also had two forced fumbles, two pass breakups, four quarterback hurries, and finished with 63 total tackles.

He's a monster and puts a ton of pressure on the QB. The one intangible he brings is the fact that it usually takes 2 guys to keep him out of the backfield and that opens up multiple gaps.....Alah Shawne Merriman (on roids)

22. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i know the stats, ive watched him play. im just wondering if he's only a college hero. i just dont want him to be our buster davis of d-line. all im saying is i gotta watch him play alil bit more