1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The combined Marty angst thread.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltdiehard, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Thrilling. :puke:

I think I'll be watching the Yankees/Tigers game.

2. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Stop, Stop!!!!! :icon_rofl:

3. Bored At Work

Bored At Work BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I have a lot of angst.

During the off season you kind of forget. You wonder how we lost all those close games, you figure it was just luck, bad execution down the stretch, whatever. The new season comes along, and you see the team, and on paper it should dominate.

You watch the first few games. You see the team just obliterate the Raiders, even when the team resorted to running up the gut 15 straight times, or whatever it was. You figure they were just 'protecting' their young QB in a hostile environment. It irritated you at the time, but you figure there was a plausible explanation after the fact. Protect the ball, protect the lead, Raiders couldn't move the ball on a High School team with that offense.

Next week spank the Titans, give Rivers 35 passes.... NICE!!! Week one was just an aberration to acclimate Rivers to the league, we really aren't going to see 16 games of running up the gut. We're airing this puppy out, GO CHARGERS!!!

Sweet, a bye week, work on planning for the Ravens. Get the defenders out of the box. Let's plan for them.

Week four arrives. You watch the Chargers manhandle the Ravens for 3 and half quarters. Yet somehow they only have a six point lead. Stupid penalties, and special teams screwups, and there your team is clinging to a six point lead. You watch in horror as your team just clings to this six point lead, as if they were up by 20 with 5 minutes left to play. You feel this sense of impending doom as you watch play after play run up the middle. Your a...hole clenches, because you know something bad is going to happen. You watch as the a...hole of every member of the team clenches. You can see it, you can feel it. You want to scream at the coach 'CAN'T YOU F...ING SEE IT? THE WHOLE FREAKING TEAM HAS CLENCHED UP AND ISN'T DOING S..T!!!! TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR RECTUM, AND DON'T PULL THE PLUG ON OFFENSE TO PROTECT A SIX POINT LEAD WITH 30 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!' Then the inevitable comes, as it always comes. The self destruction, the stupid penalty, the called safety, the ensuing 60 yd drive for a TD. Then you want to cry, and hit somebody. But you can't, because it would hurt your hand, and breaking your TV won't make you happy (though it might, because you wouldn't have to see this happen 3 more times this year, 4 if you count the playoffs).

Then after the game, you watch in stunned disbelief as Marty seems unconcerned that this tactic has once again failed, as it has for him for the last 20 yrs. And to top it off, it is as if he has never heard this complaint before in his life. And you want to cry, because your team is so damn good, you know they shouldn't lose like this. Nobody should ever lose a game like this. And you know this is going to happen three more times this year (at least) and you don't know if you can take this pain without going insane.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

Hey, I just want to thank you for bring back ALL the pain from sunday :tdown:

:lol:

just kidding, nice writeup!!!

5. Bored At Work

Bored At Work BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure I was emotionally prepared to view anything Charger related after that game. Took me a few days. I'm better now.

6. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

That's alright, if it makes you feel better I'm still not prepared..:icon_mrgreen:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    Martyball 101: Chapt 2
    When you have any lead and you are in FG range, play for the fieldgoal. Run 3 times up the gut to protect that FG try. FG range consists of anything under a 60 yrd attempt. Weather and field conditions should not be a factor in determining this FG range.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bored At Work

Bored At Work BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ... See 04 playoff game against Jets if confused for more evidence on last point: Weather and field conditions should not be a factor in determining this FG range.

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    No that should not apply.
    Chapt 3:
    When deciding what to do, any similar situations that occured in the past should not be considered. :icon_mrgreen:

10. Bored At Work

Bored At Work BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2

You know, I think that is what probably irritates me most about him. Any time they ask about him being conservative, and Martyball, he acts like this **** has never happened in the past.

Doesn't he f...ing remember? How does he forget? I have some people I slept with that I'd like to forget, can he teach me his technique so I don't have to carry these memories for the rest of my life?

I

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    Yep, I know exactly what you mean, on both accounts. :lol:

I watched my sister suffer through this same **** when he was the coach of KC. He even pissed off Joe Montana with his conservative play calling when he played there at the end of his career.

They finally got tired of his act and said bye-bye. That and the fact that he banged some waitress didn't sit well with the bible belt residents.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Marty wins the Super Bowl.

Watch.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    He does that and I will write the biggest fuking crow feast thread you have ever seen.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You were wrong about Rivers and now you are wrong about Marty.

Most all of you are wrong. I would say 99.999% of you are wrong.

Kay ? :icon_banana:

15. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    This is the truest article I've ever read, and the fact it was written by a reporter for the opposing team just makes it all the more painful. My favorite quote iin the article:

"I'm glad [Schottenheimer] stuck to his game plan because that Rivers kid could play," Ravens linebacker Bart Scott told The Sun's Mike Preston.

Somebody needs to tell Marty. It's almost like Marty is trying to win without PR because he doesn't want AJ to be the one who was right regarding their offseason dispute. I know that's probably not the case, but it sure smells that way at times.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    It's easy to sit at home with a few bros, some bud and a few frosty one's and second guess the game. I dont recall being under any real threat that would force us into a passing mode. I, like the rest of my Bolt Bro's & Sis's like to see some passing also, but I wouldn't want another pick for a TD either.

We were beating them soundly and if PR had thrown another pick for a TD, y'all would be whining about that. As I have read through this thread, I can believe that two missed field goals and ST penalties and mistakes aren't even brought up. As PR said, if we excecuted the plays we tired we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Marty isn't going anywhere but maybe to bring the Lombardi back to San Diego. :bolt:

17. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    Sorry Hex, PR said EVERY play.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    We are only 3 games over .500 with Marty as our HC.

Maybe you didnt see it but since 2004 while he has been our HC, Marty is 8-9 in games that we are ahead by 7 points or less going into the 4th quarter.

19. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    No we arent. Ive seen many complaints even when we win because he shows no killer instinct.

Paint it how you want to, but i guarantee you will be joining us soon enough when Marty ****s up another game we had in our grasp.

I was sick when we lost that playoff game to the Jets and i felt the same way after this loss to Baltimore.

Shammy wasnt saying we wouldnt ever win another game with Shittenheimer...he meant we wont win the big ones that we should.

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is because we had that POS Brees who is the effeminate wonder of the world to guide us back but not anymore.

21. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    Um, we lost Sunday with Rivers as our starter. Dont matter...

Marty still has no killer instinct.

Even Joe Montana was peeved when he played for Marty because of it.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If we do not get to the AFC championship and win the mo-fo...Marty is gone.

So is Uncle Wade and Cam Cameron (more than likely)....bye bye....

In the mean time ....

http://www.steelernation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

23. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

I can't believe they welcomed you by giving you a red sphincter.

:icon_rofl:

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Stop getting personal! Your word is GARBAGE! I have lost my respect for you!

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It is a sign of the times. :icon_banana: :lol: :bolt:

26. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    WEll whoever is limiting the offense ought to stop it. Cause were loosing games because of it.

Could very well be one of spanos's grandkids rewriting the offensive plays on the offensive play sheet thinking its his doodle pad.

27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Nice post .....

My good friend, Concudan, says waving Pom Poms cures angst. Another notable poster, Herr Hornblower, says posting semi-nudie pics of our QB will cure Marty of his ball disease.

I don't know .....

Marty has to REALLY learn his lesson, or Dean'o needs to dump his ***.

28. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You know we hope you are right. I would love to eat crow and say what a bunch of dumbasses we all were to not trust in Marty. Every single poster here would love to see Marty win a Super Bowl this season.

I just have about ZERO confidence that it will happen. I can't see Marty changing his ways.

Chargeroo cited that KC playoff game from 1990. We saw this same crap vs. the Jets after the 2004 season. We've seen Marty lose like this too many times, and he will continue to do it. What he thinks is giving us the best chance to win is actually giving us the best chance to lose. Most people see it, and are shocked that he continues to coach like this.

It's not whether it will happen this week vs. the Steelers, or later vs. some other team. It will happen again, and it will either cost SD a playoff berth or get us kicked out of the playoffs.

SD just lost a possible tiebreaker for a playoff spot on a game we should have won. What else will SD lose in the future because of "Marty Ball" ???

The numbers of people who were at the very first SD game in Balboa Stadium are dwindling. I know seven of those fans: Chargeroo, IronMountain, my G'ma, and Aunt and Uncle, and both my parents. The numbers will continue to become smaller. This fan base needs a Super Bowl. They need it to validate the support of those who have hung with this team from Day One, and this team needs a Lombardi to help remain in SD to get a new stadium.

I've never been a big supporter of Marty. I keep trying to like the old bastard, but he makes it hard. Now, he has lost my trust as a fan. I still want to try to like him, and hope that he can get it done, but I can't fathom a reason to believe he has it in him to get the job done and get this franchise a championship.

I don't want a return to Air Coryell. I don't believe 99.99999% of fans are calling for that. They are calling for a coach will a killer instinct to put games out of reach. They are calling for a balanced attack and aggressive/creative playcalling to add to our score. Do not run 3 times to settle for long figgies. Get into the red zone and score TD's.

Marty's *** is puckered so tight he has a chocolate kiss mark on his tighty whities wedgie. Either that or he borrowed my "tool" and performed a self surgery .....

San Diego just lost to a team that has less talent. I'm still pissed off.