1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Comeback

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BFISA, Jul 31, 2007.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Poached this from the UT after it'd been poached from Chargers.com-

• Like Like x 1
  2. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Awesome post, that video really made a strong case for floyd he was dope in that game at getting some YAC, and a great job by our bolts keeping the pedal to the medal///

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    one of the greatest charger wins in history

4. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    It was ok.

Seriously though, the camera zooming in on the Bungal fans going down the escalator is one of my favorite moments in that game.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, that was sick. I remember watching that game and my son and I yelling at the TV at half time. I told him, "If they can score 1 touchdown to make it 28-14 they are back in it." Boy, did they ever score! Great post and great comeback win. This game showed us what kind of resiliency this team has.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I remember when people on the game day thread wrote the game off at halftime. I posted that the Bolts would win.

Sure enough they did and I did not have to take the verbal abuse i thought I might...

7. Steve

Steve BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I know that was a great comeback, but the thing to remember is we came back to beat Denver by nearly as much the next week too. We where down by at least 17 in that one, before we rallied.

That one was even more impressive because they where the top defense in the league at the time, and their self destructing act really didn't happen until we exposed them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    ... and at that moment in time - the Rivers era began in earnest....

his 4th qtr QB rating was tops in the league last year, I believe... he can only get better...

btw, Dielman is a phriquen stud... :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  9. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Losing in last seasons playoffs was a lowlight.

The Cincy game was definitely a highlight.

Thanks for bringing me up again.

Oldie Out

10. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I had tickets on the 40 yard line, 17 rows up for that one. I can tell you the first half was not fun. However, after the half time show of toothless wonders letting me have it, the end result was worth the agony of being part of the minority.:bolt:

11. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    The amazing thing about that game is it was a 24 year old first year starter that lead that comeback! How good is he going to be before he's done? Scary thought for the rest of the NFL.

Coincidentally - Dan Fouts credits a come from behind win in Cincinnati as the game that let him feel he had arrived!

Go Bolts!:

The Bengals were saying where'd that come from? :bengalsturn:

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    That was a great comeback but holy fuc Palmer torched us that day. :icon_eek:

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I was one of them. Down 28-7 I thought we were done. Never again will i doubt with this offense.

14. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    You can say that again. If the Bengals get a defense together, they could be scary good. The same could be said about our defensive back field. I feel the Bolts are on the right track though.

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They are even better now, even before camp has gone very far. We have team that cannot be beaten, it can only beat itself.

You must be taller than the bottom of this sign to ride. :drama:

No standing, fasten your seatbelts, keep your hands inside the car, do not attempt to exit until car has come to a complete stop.

16. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Hey Toby - poach the Denver comeback..... I love a good azz whoopin... :icon_rofl:

17. asela

asela BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Why couldn't that have been in the '81 AFC Championship game, man I wanted that Charger team to be immortalized with a SB ring :(

I know, Mother Nature hated us that year. But we've paid our dues in this league, it's time to collect this year! :yes:

Thanks for the fond memories and the youtube post :)

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    yes you did. It was you that I told not to lose faith, that we were going to win!:icon_toast:

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    ditto, i was thinking of packing it up and doing some hw
    Glad I didn't, and I have been forgiven (I hope)

20. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    So true, but we only want to recall our offensive part of that day. Knock it off with mentioning the bad ****! :)

21. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Yeah, he did, but there were a number of key defensive plays.

I just watched this game again last week. On Cincy's first possession of the second half, they face a third and long. Palmer throws a perfect deep sideline ball to Chris Henry, who is well-covered by Jammer; he makes a nice play on the ball and it is a three-and-out. Then we got the ball back and scored to make it 21-14, and it was a new ballgame.

We stepped up when we needed to, and Cincy stupidly played into our hands by throwing the ball too much with that big lead.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Y'all needta get the geeksta post the torrents, and then poach'em y'alls selves. I've got all the wins on Bit Torrents, but I'll be damned if I know howta link'em up for my Charger bretheren/sisteren. :no: :icon_sad: :tdown:

If y'all geeks tell me, I'll give it a go!! :yes: :tup:

23. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I left Baseball Pratice and we were down and I was pissed...Radio is not the way to view football in that it's the radio and it's not a damn tv....

Got home and it all started to change and you could feel it....

A few notes on the video...

-Damn awesome that the OL men are the first to greet the TD scorer almost every time...

-Rivers pass on the final TD (shovel) was school yard, just get it done, good football.

-LT and the OL clicked like they did in the first half of the NE game.

TBF

24. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Something that stands out for me too, about this game was Boomer Esiason. During the halftime show he was geeked and excited, talking about his Bengals playoff chances. When they went back to the studio after the game he was speechless and looked liked he was force fed a big pile of turd. I loved it.

25. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Not at all. At the time I believe the Bengals had lost 3 out of 4, after a 3-0 start, they needed this game to get back on track. At halftime it looked liked they might get it, hence the excitement from Boomer.

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I flew out to Louisville to hang with a transplanted Charger fan bud for a few days, and then we made the trip to Cincy. I was in the first row, corner of the end zone. EVERY freaking TD scored on that end went to the other side (the left side behind McNeill).

Funny you mention the toothless wonders, because Bengal dude right behind me was indeed toothless.

It was BRUTAL when it got to 21-0. I said to Scott "I flew out here for this? We didn't even show up today." And the Bengals have the lamest, gayest song EVER for their post TD celebrations. Luckily, the words are posted on the scoreboard, with a little dot or something bouncing over the words as they are sung so the Bengals fans can follow along.

The Bengals fans were all over my friend and I. One dude kept saying the most lame ****, so I fired back with "dude, you are a grown man wearing white jeans. I don't have to listen to you." Even the other Bengals fans were laughing at his ***.

At one point in the 4th quarter, I couldn't hang any longer and had to make a bathroom run. Some drunk Bengal fan *******, within the safety of his stadium, while standing with six or seven buddies, points at me and calls me a "****ing piece of ****." I had a moment where the little devil was saying "you can drop his *** before the other six guys kick the **** out of you, and then all the other Bengals fans join in." But the little angel said "you'll get beat down, arrested, AND miss the end of this epic screw you to the obnoxious Bengals fans." So self preservation and the desire to see the rest of the game won out.

After the McCree hit on Houshmandzadeh, my friend suggested we take our jerseys off for the walk out. At that point, I said hell no, I'm wearing my jersey out.

After the game ended, we didn't need to say a thing, we just smiled. Other than a few guys yelling **** about two ******s in Chargers jerseys (from a safe distance), we had no issues.

It was freaking epic, and I'm glad I got to be there in person! :abq2:

27. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Before the comeback, this had the classic makings of a Trap Game.

I expect to see a couple of these next season.

Oldie Out