1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Cowboys Are Quite Stealth (NFL draft)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Mar 22, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Every move, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant, is in danger of being swiped by another team and used for some perceived (and probably imaginary) advantage. So the Dallas Cowboys might have made a bit of a mistake when they let in a news crew earlier this week.

It seems the Cowboys accidentally showed their draft board of top defensive backs. Considering that's a position of need, that could conceivably be a problem, at least if everyone's paranoia is justified.

I would love to get Wade Phillips in a poker game one day. Chances are at some point he'd show all his cards. They also have their defensive line rankings out, but it's impossible to see.

This still seems like a lot of bustle over very little; if you think this half second snippet off television actually makes a difference in the draft, you're probably giving more credit to NFL science that is probably warranted.

A poster on the NFL Draft countdown boards posted some screenshots of a news report done at the Cowboys headquarters.

From what I can see they have the DBs ranked

1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
    2. Leodis McKelvin
    3. Kenny Phillips
    4. Mike Jenkins
    5.Aqib Talib
    6.Tyrell Johnson
    7. Tracey Porter

That's about all I can make out. They also have their defensive line rankings out, but it's impossible to see. Considering that most teams guard their draft boards like it's a collection of nuclear codes... this would seem to be a pretty careless move on the Cowboys part. Good luck trying to maneuver in the draft when every team knows who you're after.
  2. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Nov 29, 2007
    Come one dude its a set up:icon_rofl:
  3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    I just watched a classic-"The Man Who Never Was", all about the great Brit fake out over the invasion of Sicily. Looks the a lot like the same thing, accept the info didn't float in on the dead body of Cowboy scout. That would have made it all more effective.