1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the Critic's Choice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SDRaiderH8er, Jun 7, 2009.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Here ya go; lets make this a thread where we talk about the Movies.

I just saw the Movie "UP". There are a lot of scenes where you can hear the "AAAHHHHHSSS" and there are a few scenes that will make you laugh. It’s a kid’s movie, but it does entertain the adults also.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I've heard a lot of good stuff about that one. I'll have to rent it when it comes out on DVD..........I usually only go to the theater when there's a major action film I want to see, as I see no reason to pay 8 bucks apiece for admission and upwards of $30 for snacks unless it's one of those movies that really only look good on the big screen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Up is movie of the year so far. Show me someone who doesn't like this movie and I'll show you someone I don't want to know.

Land of the Lost was painfully unfunny. I could forgive it if they were going more towards a kid friendly story, but it obviously wasn't with the amount of very adult moments involved. Also, if you've seen the commericials you've seen all the best moments.

Angels and Demons was terrible. Boring, boring, boring. I figured out who was the bad guy about 5 minutes into the movie, or roughly as soon as Ewan MacGregor showed up. If you saw this and liked this you need to see better movies because this wasn't one of them.

Still refuse to see Wolverine. Fcuk Fox. Way to ruin Deadpool, you cawksuckers. THE MERC WITH A MOUTH IS HIS GODDAMN NICKNAME SO YOU TAKE AWAY HIS FUKKING MOUTH!!! Goddamn brilliant.

Star Trek was surprisingly great, and that tough for a diehard Star Wars fan like me to admit, but it was lots of fun. Saw it twice I liked it so much.

Terminator Salvation was a total mixed bag for me. I really wanted to like it, but some of the plot holes just won't allow me to stop scratching the back of my cranium, just letting me know it really wasn't that good. Cool effects? Check. Terminators? Check. Ridiculous plot holes? Check. One of the worst endings I've ever seen in a movie? CHECK.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    You MUST see it in the theater in 3d, it's totally worth the extra few bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    We saw Night at the Museum 2 at the IMAX on Mira Mesa. It's a very good family movie.

Has anyone seen any worthwhile movies on cable lately?

• Like Like x 3
  6. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    how much more do they charge for those 3D Movies?

And is it worth it?

7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Is anyone looking forward to the new Harry Potter Movie coming out?

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Please go See UP in 3d you will not be disappointed at all. IMO it is like RTL has said so far this year the best film in 2009. I loved it and will see it again but this time the regular version to see what the difference is.

All I have to say is W.T.F. Will Ferrell destroyed the TV Series and I am a Fan of the TV Series when it was on. I was hoping for a more Kid Firendly film but HELL NO, it turned out to be a more of a Teenager friendly movie. Please I Beg you do not waste your money seeing it.

The Book was destroyed because the the main villain in the movie is not what is in the book. So I wasted my money on what I will say is CRAP of a PC Movie. If you like PC Movies then this is your bag but not for me thank you. I Wasted again my Green Backs on this one.

The X-Men Franchise has just been FUGGING RUINED forever because like RTL said one of your main Villain Characters is supposed to be an A$$hole with a mouth on him as a Kick Mutha Fuggin A$$ Merc. They took that away. Unfortunately I LOST $10 dollars going to see this piece of Guano.

Star Trek Kicked Mutha Fuggin A$$ as a movie. It is a Reboot but the story and characters just Rocked. If you are a Sci-Fi Fan please go see it. You will not be disappointed.

Christian Bale Please stay as the Dark Knight because you as John Conner did not do nothing for me what so ever. The New Terminators are kind of cool but could not get the film over the Bad Bale Acting and story of the film. I was like who what when where why and How of the where the Movie was going. I ended up be more confused than I thought I was going to be. More Questions now that need to be answered. Maybe another Terminator I sure hope not because it will be not worth it. One more time a Waste of Cash of mine.

So far this year has been not a good year to go see movies. I hope the Summer will pick UP because so far that has been it.

I hope the Transformers and G.I.Joe will be good these coming weeks and months away.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    At AMC it's $3 extra, so hit it during a matinee and it will basically cost the same as seeing it at night in 2d would.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I am. The last one left a lot to be desired, but I don't wanna read the books and I'm already invested in the story thus pfar, so might as well. My wife and daughter are both big HP fans, so I'll see it with them.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'll save you another $10 right now: G.I Joe is gonna be the biggest dogshit movie of the year. I'd rather pay to go see Wolverine TWICE than see G.I. Joe for free.

And Transformers 2 is gonna rock people asses off. I cannot wait to have my eyeballs ****ed.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Is that Transformers Movie going to be in 3D, or how does one find about which movies are going to be in 3D.
    My youngest is all over that one right now.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    TF2 will NOT be in 3D, but do yourself a huge favor and go see it in IMAX if you can. In some of the scenes shot on the IMAX cameras, the robots will actually be to 1:1 scale, which will be awesome as hell. Also, the IMAX cut will be longer by a few minutes (extended action scenes). :D

The way you can tell if a movie is in 3D, the theater will marquee it as "In Digital 3D". If it doesn't say that, be sure to ask, because the only 2 movies out right now that I know are in are Monster vs. Aliens (which may be out of theaters come to think of it), and UP, which is also showing in 2D. Just be sure to ask and expect to pay extra if it is a 3D feature. Totally worth it.

Also, I'm going to personally slap anyone who pays to see G.I. Joe. If you must see it, pay to see something else. Seriously. Don't support Hollywood churning out CRAP.

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Got, it. I have seen the ads, I just have not gone to see a 3D Movie yet.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You are both mental. It was a excellent movie. To get so worked up over the way a particular character is portrayed in a movie is stupid.

Especially since all the talk is that there will be a Deadpool movie in production soon.

If you think it was bad, your choice, for me it was the best movie I saw this year. Go see it, it is well worth the cash!

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    We're mental because you enjoyed that crap. OK. Really, that's wonderful, I'm glad you did. Still doesn't mean it's not a ****** movie. I love plenty of really, REALLY ****** movies, but loving it doesn't make it less ****. I don't see what you issue is with us NOT WANTING to see long cherished comic characters **** ON in a movie just because you don't care if stuff gets changed from the books, ect.

A Deadpool movie will only further ruin the awesome character from the comics, unless it's mostly, MOSTLY faithful, otherwise, I have zero interest. Also, it's your fault Hollywood keeps churing out crap because you're not only willing to see it, you praise it as well.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    OMFG, can't wait. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in IMAX in a few hrs....

geekmode, engaged!!!

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wipe your eyes, and look in the mirror. How you can spew such BS after praising ALL of the Star Wars movies is beyond me... :lol:

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :yes::yes::yes:

Although I hear they dont maintain the cartoon character of the 'beloved' Megatron.... :icon_rofl:

Sorry... I kid! I kid... It is Optimus they ruin... :lol:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Over the years, both character have undergone many different forms, so I'm cool with what they've done w/ them in the movies.

As for trying to rip on Star Wars, go ahead. I don't care. I love it, and that's all I have to say about that.

TF:ROTF was badass. Can't wait to see it again. TOTAL ****ING DESTRUCTION!!!

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Funny Star Wars changed Special Effects FOR EVER!

And they did it without Computers.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Tell us more you non-verbose posting critic!

Edit: as for the 'new' 3 Star Wars, they sucked Johnson...

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    It's a movie about GIANT ****ING ROBOTS FIGHTING. What more of a review does it need. It was AWESOME. I loved it. Wasn't perfect, tho I didn't expect it to be, and I got my moeny's worth.

I liked some stuff, didn't like other stuff, some of it was better than the first, some of it worse. I'll let a few more people see it before I go into spoiler overdrive.

If you like the first, you should like the sequel, if not, pass on it, it's not for you.

Optimus Prime dominates like never before.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I was so pleasantly surprised with the first I cant tell you. I went in thinking I would see a stupid 'cartoon' movie, like the Flinstones or Scooby Doo...

I got "a movie about GIANT ****ING ROBOTS FIGHTING" with an actuall good story line.

So if the second is as good as the first I am going to love it!:abq2:

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I want a new Camaro. :tup:

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I want a new Semi. With flames. :tup:

27. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    For the trekkies...

[​IMG]

"So, we meet again!"

• Like Like x 1
  28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Wife and I saw The Hangover tonight...holy ****ing LMFAO hilarious.

29. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    best closing credits of all time!

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Star Wars Sucks!!! :yes:

Anything after "Return of the Jedi" is crap!!!
    The ONLY good thing about the crap is all the retards complaining and Jar Jar Binks. After that, I bought a JJB action figure so I can offend those sissies to their grave!!! :yes: :tup: :abq2: :abq1: :icon_toast: