1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The cure for Charger ills: The Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Oct 25, 2010.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Some certainties in life:

Death, taxes, and the Chargers beat the Titans.

Blowouts, physical playoff games, controversial endings.....all of the ways a team can beat another one, the San Diego Chargers have beaten the Tennessee Titans over the past 6-7 years.

Nashville, San Diego, rain, sleet, snow, or heat...its been a long time since the Titans have beaten the Bolts.

And I don't like a desperate Charger team hosting a Tennessee team who is playing the 3rd of 3 games in 13 days this Sunday on a wagon train trip.

Anyways, I look forward to chatting up all my Charger fans this week. I know this season is NOT going the way you guys want, but this is still a very talented team and all the statistics show it.

I'm waiting for you guys to break out, I just hope you wait one more week.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Thanks, Now enjoy being one of the teams in this upcoming 11 game winstreak. See ya Sunday.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yeah...almost as sure as the Chargers beating the Raiders right? :lol:

They are the tougher team mentally, they are a far better coached team, and they are on fire right now.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    TF24, you rawk! :icon_toast:

None of us here has a clue as to which Charger team will show up. Chris Johnson scares the $hit out of me. Dude can bring it ANYTIME he wants. We stop him and we don't stop ourselves, we have a chance.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    This game is all on the Chargers Offence! The Bolts D should more than hold its own against the Titans Offence...but the Titans have an agressive, oppurtunistic defence that is hard to crack!

Titans D V Chargers O = Where the battle will be won or lost

6. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Pretty much how it looks to me. Chargers would need to win out to overtake KC and I just see nothing in the 2010 version of The Norv's to make me believe that is remotely possible.

We are almost certainly playing for draft position.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Norv is really screwed if we win.

Fans will ask "why did it take so long" and "the team was not prepared then and it is prepared now".

KC is young and young teams do dumb things. Their time will come where they will come back to the pack by losing games in hideous fashions even with a cup cake schedule.

8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    We're gonna get killed.

9. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    They play disciplined. I do not expect them to finish worse than 10-6, at absolute worst. More likely 11-5.

I don't see this incarnation of the Chargers doing better than 8-8, 9-7 with a miracle or two.

This really looks to me like the year Smitty's sins are finally visited upon us, and I know he's your guy, but hiring Norv, mediocre drafts, too many reaches burning too many picks, eschewing free agency are adding up. We lucked out in that one 8-8 season, no such luck this year. Likely at least part of a season lost in 2011, no full season until 2012. And I expect both Smith and Turner to still be here, and I don't expect significant improvement by then given past performances. Maybe we'll get lucky in those next two drafts, we're due. But looking ahead, it looks like a long rough road ahead to me.

I'd love to see more optimism looking ahead, but I can't manufacture it because I see on the field an inadequate roster, consistently underperforming for what they have. This isn't a SB squad but it has enough talent to be undefeated with a break or two at this point, it shouldn't be NEAR 2-5.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Mike Ditka called the team out before the Patriots game as having no stones basically.

This game is going to be brutal and probably the hardest hitting game of the year.

Do we win ? I think we have a damn good chance with our backs against the wall.

This is a gut check for the season - hell the rest of the year is a gut check.

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    We are pretty much set in the skill positions. If we get all BEEF (and a kicker) in the next draft we should be set. We need to get the lines fixed. We can also use another pass rusher IMO.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The thing we have going are the draft picks we have for next year. We are loaded for bear in just about every round.

We need linemen to take it to the next level. The D-line is a joke. The O-line is not much better. Get those areas beefed up and we are ready for the dance.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Good to see you again my friend, hope you'll be on the show this week

So you don't think that the dominating roll the Titans have been on over the last two weeks will help at all? Titans are coming in on a major high while the Chargers are dragging their ***

14. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Be more than glad to join you guys Thursday for a few minutes.

What I have observed over the past few years is that the NFL is all about matchups and styles. I'm not so sure we match up very well with you guys if healthy.

Now, the thing about that is I hear that Floyd will still be out. That's big for us, because he and VJ were nightmare matchups for us along with Gates because of our smaller corners.

It will be an interesting game for sure. The 2010 Titans are a very opportunistic unit.

15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Fisher's gonna love running up a couple extra TD's on Sunday:(

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We've yet to get blown out yet, and we won't get blown out by the Titans.

A) I don't think they have the fire power.
    B) Our defense is damn solid, and we always give VY fits.

We'll find another way too lose. I'm guessing sack/fumbles, Norv setteling for FGs because he's too much of a coward to go for it on 4th and short, or.......we're actually due for a Hochuli call. ;)

17. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Don't be so sure...

..The Titans D is more than capable of scoring alot points and are an agressive oportunistic Defence. If the Chargers Offence continues to make big mistakes and give their defence confidence...the more we try to repsond late in the game it could work against us (espically since we are so one-dimensional at the mo) and the score could get blown out!!

18. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The Titans have been asked to handle some very physical teams and now it's their turn to play a finesse team that will attempt to rip it to shreds with the most potent passing attack in the league. However, the Rams showed that nonstop blitzes actually do work against the Chargers. Live by the blitz and Tennessee wins a close one.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    titanfan24 I'm sure you're a nice guy but I call bullsh*t and you know the Titans are about to blow us up.

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Chargers will be 2-6 after the Titans game.

Another loss to go along with all the other losses.

I sure hope we fire Norv Turner and the rest of the Coaching staff as well and start all over.

21. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I hate Jeff Fisher and always will that little b&tch.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Probably more injuries too. Titans are easily the dirtiest team in the league.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I think one of the Chargers may actually get murdered on Sunday. Not metaphorically, but actually killed. That's how bad this thing has been going.

Maybe we can pay Fisher to put a hit out on N:confused:rv.