1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Difference

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Nov 19, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I have to say, after watching this offense struggle against good defenses for the last couple years, there are a couple major reasons we were able to put up 35 tonight.

1. Philip Rivers
    I'm not a Brees basher, but Rivers is just nails. After the INT in the third quarter, Rivers finished the game 10/11 for 140+ and 2TDs. His only incompletion was a drop by Floyd. The guy has no quit in him. Every time he makes a bad play, which is rare, he comes back and makes up for it with many terrific plays.

2. The Offensive line.
    This is the best a Chargers offensive line has played in at least 10 years. They opened up holes for LT all night and gave Rivers time to find the open man. I almost forgot Al Wilson was on the field tonight. The Bolts did such a good job of blocking him that he didn't really have any impact plays. In addition to the improved development of Hardwick, Olivea and Dielman, the two guys who are most responsible for the improved line are Marcus McNeill, who deserves both Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowl consideration, and Manu. These two make a huge difference in both run blocking and pass protection. I think the Chargers ran to the left side on every running play tonight, right behind McNeill and Dielman.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Solid post!

Good job, I agree.:tup:

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Me too!!:tup: :icon_toast:

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    Man, that 2nd. half int returned for a TD sure looked familiar, the difference is that Rivers didn't fold and came back again :tup:

Funny thing is that giants fans where saying a couple of weeks ago something like "When Rivers comes from behind to win a game (like Sheli) then we'll talk"

P.S. Props to your boy, great TD catch:tup: