1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Dwyer Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 7, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Just a conspiracy that might be possible.

We all know that Dwyer was interviewed by the Bolts (as shown below) and he felt like we really liked him. Maybe, just maybe, he was in collaboration with them before hand and showed up at the combine all fat and out of shape and performed really bad just so his draft grade would fall letting him fall to our second round pick so we could pick him up then and allowing us to save our first round pick. It was all on purpose I'm telling you guys, it's all just a conspiracy!! I bet at his pro day he will lower his grade even more just to ensure we get him in round 2. Then after his pro day he'll beef it up again

Interview

Dwyer excited about meeting with Chargers

By Bill Williamson INDIANAPOLIS – Jonathan Dwyer believes he was the first running back San Diego interviewed at the NFL combine this week.

DwyerThe Georgia Tech running back hopes he is the first player San Diego selects in the NFL draft.

San Diego will be looking for at least one running back as it moves away from the LaDainian Tomlinson era. With backup Darren Sproles headed to free agency, San Diego may have to totally revamp. The Chargers will certainly look at running back with the No. 28 pick.

Dwyer is a real possibility.

He said he had a terrific meeting with several of the Chargers’ brass here. He said he had other meetings but none were as involved and as productive as his meeting with San Diego.

“I think they like me and I know I like them,” Dwyer said. “ I really like coach (Norv) Turner. I think it’d be a great fit … They are a power team and I think it really fits what I do.”

San Diego is clearly talking to several running backs this week, but it may be hard pressed to find a player more individually impressive as Dwyer.

* this conspiracy is just a conspiracy so don't get all worked up about it. It is almost definitely not true but stranger things can happen so you never know

• Like Like x 1
  2. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    u gotta be kidding. IF they were gonna have a conspiracy wouldn't matthews make way more sense sense he's better? They coulda had him run like a 4.6 or something :lol:

3. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    lol maybe they think Dwyer will be a better NFL back.

Then again it's all not real, just a conspiracy

4. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    That's rediculous. If he was supposed to go in the mid-second round, he would have trained harder so he would go in the late first. Now that Toby Gerhart has shown him up in every way possible, Dwyer may slip to the third round.

If he lacks the drive to get fit for the combine, he's going to lack the drive to succeed in the NFL. I don't want him on the Chargers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The one thing that could support this theory is if you watch tape of dwyer. He's always running away from people. Kids got speed. But that 4.6 was kind of slow.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yeah, that makes sense. He is going to agree to take end of 2nd round money just to come to the Chargers rather than busting his *** and getting drafted in the 1st for a ton more money.

# 28 in the 1st got Five years $13 million last year. #28 in the 2nd got 4 years $2.67 mil.

That is a ridiculous theory.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    The problem is, in order for a conspiracy such as this to work both parties have to be behind it.

Dwyer could want to pull off a rouse because he, for whatever reason, wants to go to San Diego, but Mathews may not be quite so eager to play for us if he could get more money being drafted higher.

That being said, I don't get why he'd want to fall to round 2 when he can make more money and still come to San Diego if he keeps himself at lower first round level.

8. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    In order for this to be even remotely plausible, an agreement concerning salary would need to be put into place--something along the lines of "you show us that you are a first-round talent as a rookie, and we will re-structure your deal".

9. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Maybe he's "taking one for the team" so to speak and maybe he will get a restructured deal.

Even if this conspiracy is fake (most likely) he will still be there in round 2 for us so if we don't get Mathews in rd 1, we will get Dwyer in rd 2 (either him or Gerhart but Gerhart might be gone because of his awesome performance). If both are there, i'd be happy with either but I still wish we get Mathews in rd 1

10. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    If it were REALLY a conspiracy, Dwyer would't have let on he's hoping to land with the Chargers. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    One way or another. He;s not that bad of a rb. He's actually the equal of dixon. So maybe we have two choices at some point. Best to keep an eye on their on campus workout numbers.

All I know is A.j. sounds like he wants two rb's in this draft. If a pretty good one falls to a later round we just might take him

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Bell in the 4th, possibly 5th, Coker in the 7th or UDFA.

Dwyer is a very slightly faster Tim Hightower.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Bell usually comes in in the 9th.

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Ugh Dwyer...:banghead:

15. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    :popcorn:

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Nice trolling OP.