1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Ed Hochuli Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 14, 2008.

1. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

Missouri bronc .........how does it feel to steal a game like Oakland would!!!!!!!!!

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    ed hochuli

Our D DID stop you. We recovered a fumble to end the game. Your QB choked twice in the red-zone at the end of that game, but he got bailed out by the refs.

3. slick

slick BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ed hochuli

Too early to tell with the Jeff George comparisons. Wait until we get out from under Travis Henry and Javon's money. He'll get a decent RB. Cutler will be that much more dangerous. He made the plays when the pressure was on in this game. (I've given you the Hoculi call...no one will argue that) He hit Royal in double coverage to win the game.

Rivers played his *** off. My hat's off to him.

I definitely enjoy this QB. Remember, we were used to greatness. We suffered with Griese and Plummer. I'll take my chances with this kid.

Beat the Chiefs and the Faders like we all know you will. The game in December will mean something no doubt. Good luck and stay healthy.

4. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

Missouri bronc is originally from broke back mtn.....I heard from a resident.

5. slick

slick BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ed hochuli

When all else fails...personally attack someone. :yawn:

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,582
    ed hochuli

NO no no no no

Cutler choked this game pal! The Broncos were shut out in the 2nd half, Cutler turned the ball over twice in the redzone......or what should have been twice, and without the help of the "magic wistle" he'd be crucified the entire week for folding when the game was on the line.

7. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    ed hochuli

The Broncos shouldn't have been in a position to lose on a bad ref call anyway. We went from air-it-out football in the first half, to a whole third quarter of busting out last year's conservative playbook - playing on the ground game, which is not the Broncos' game this year.

Cutler made two horrible decisions, but stopped himself from making the second one (which only let the ball pop out of his hands before throwing a potential pick). Be ignorant and call Cutler what you want, but he still sliced up the Chargers' D all day long.

The fact remains: That call was horrible, and I guarantee you we won't be seeing that rule again in the NFL after it's voted out next year (tuck rule anyone?)

Both defenses lost this game, for both teams, and Denver won the luck of the draw, plain and simple. If the Chargers really want to show the NFL that they mean business, they won't give up two straight completions to Eddie Royal at game's end either. I believe even Shanahan knew the Chargers' got screwed on that call, which is why he went for the two-points to begin with (that, and he knew our defense wasn't stopping anyone).

If it's not for the offenses on either team, both the Broncos and Chargers suck *** with their ****** defenses.

If there's anything good to take out of this, it's that there's still plenty of football left to play, and both teams can come out and play like they SHOULD have on 12/28.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

NO PERSONAL ATTACK..... ONLY SAYING HE ISNOT WILLING TO ADMIT THE TRUTH!!!!!!! THE CHARGERS COULD HAVE WON IF NOT FOR REF FUBARS!!!!!!!

9. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    ed hochuli

I'm pissed about the two blown calls but that last one really sucked as the game should have been over. That aside, i'm pissed at our defense this year. WTF is our pass rush? This year is going to be a lot like the Air Coryell years. We're going to need to score 35+ a game because we're going to give up a lot of points. Our run defense really started to suck last year.

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,582
    ed hochuli

All that being said.......The Chargers should be 1-1 right now.

I know that neither team deserved it, but it shouldn't ever be decided by the zebras.

11. crazyshannoo

crazyshannoo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ed hochuli

The fact that you are over here running your mouth on BOLT TALK speaks for itself. Loser, get a life.:icon_huh:

12. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

I agree Matilack......... This was a ref fubar across the board

13. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    ed hochuli

I agree...Well said! But I'm still pissed about that call.

14. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

crazy hooonoo .....You are wrong......sorry!!!!!!!

15. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    ed hochuli

Bullshit.

Our team deserved it. We made the plays in the second half necessary to win. The defense held Denver to 0 points, and they made huge plays in the redzone to guarantee victory. The offense moved up and down the field in order to propel the Bolts ahead. The donks came out flat, unprepared, and uninspired. They didn't make plays when it mattered, and were bailed out at the end after the Chargers made the play that was needed to end the game.

People can say that they should have stopped Royal, and maybe so, but they shouldn't have had to. They made the play that was needed on the Cutler fumble, and they then got screwed by a whistle.

16. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

Hey Shoonoo, why dont you stay on your own site??????

17. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    ed hochuli

The NFL stands for " Not For Long " Hochuli when you make calls like that you basturd... :icon_evil:

Your Fired... :icon_finger:

Get a rope [​IMG]

18. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    ed hochuli

We deserved it? Cutler dropped the ball for no apparent reason and we were poised to benefit from it. The ref made a bad call and we were jobbed because of it but it had nothing to do with what we deserved.

If Phillips or someone else made a play to knock the ball loose than I would be inclined to agree. The fact of the matter however, was that we didn't really make a play at all, Cutler merely choked which is his natural inclination.

Was it a bad call yes, did we earn it, no.

19. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    ed hochuli

Defense Sucked........Bottom line!!!!!!!!! could have been won except for the SNAFU refs but no excuse!!!!!!!!!! Turner get a grip!!!!!!!! No runs when you are within then 10 yard line!!!!!!!

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    ed hochuli

'Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net'

tell him how you think

21. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    ed hochuli

Regardless, the ball was loose and we picked it up. Cutler had a chance to pick it up, and he failed. The ball could have slipped out of Dobbins' hands out of bounds, but it didn't. The play was made, and the refs took it away.

22. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    ed hochuli

I'm with you on that we got jobbed. My point was that if the defense did it's job at the end of the game we should have to depend on Cutler dropping the ball to preserve the lead.

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    ed hochuli

Didn’t they stop them on the Broncos first 3 possessions to start the 2nd half

24. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    ed hochuli

They played great most of the second half.

We got screwed on the fumble call no doubt. My point is that the opposing QB just dropping the ball isn't a good strategy for victory in the future. Even if Hochuli got it right that play was a gift.

We need to learn how to KO the opponent. We've given them a punchers chance the past two weeks and got knocked out both times. With our talent we need to be knocking these chumps out.

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    ed hochuli

agreed, that Defense was horible, and it was the same defense that played against Carolina. In crunch time we cant stop anyone.

26. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +468
    ed hochuli

Let's see if you can understand this, the rule is right, the whistle ends the play, BUT, and a very big BUT him whisling before the play was over was WAY WRONG, refs are told to let those type of plays go on and the figure it out in replay

Hochuli looked like a rookie ref on that one.

BTW, don't try to tell us that you wouldn't be complaining if it had gone the other way around

Plus, interesting that the replay equipment didn't work for the first stupid call the refs made.

27. crazyshannoo

crazyshannoo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ed hochuli

How am I wrong? A bronco fan comes onto BOLT talk is what I meant. And it is SHANNOO. BTW, I am a native too.

28. crazyshannoo

crazyshannoo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ed hochuli

I am on my site. The Chargers are MY team too!:bolt::yes::icon_tease:

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    ed hochuli

because you stupid piece of ****, where were you before the game?

Stupid ****!

30. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    ed hochuli

I didn't know there was a team in the NFL called The Denver Zebras... :icon_evil: