1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Ed Hochuli Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 14, 2008.

1. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Hochuli's dog speaks!

In all of this anger, I thought I'd post this up. I figured we could use a laugh. I haven't seen it here yet, but if it's already been posted please delete mods!

linky

2. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Hochuli's dog speaks!

:icon_rofl:
    very funny read.

btw something i made.

Attached Files:

3. TripKid

TripKid BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Please send him more emails. Even if they delete them, it's still getting the point across that he F'ed up BIG TIME! Could you imagine if somehow this effects the future of the Charger's staying in San Diego. Probably wont, but what an evil thought!

http://www.jshfirm.com/index.cfm

Also, if you see him at the Power House Gym in Pacific Beach, spit on him and blow your whistle and then tell him, "This play is dead". Even if he ends up hitting you, I'm sure you could then sue him. That F@#%er cost me a lot of money!

4. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    ed hochuli

How about cheating with the salary cap not once, but twice?
    Those super bowl championships are frauds.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

You troll on to another team's board, talking smack, and then you wonder why people give you crap? Are you serious?

Pot meet kettle; this coming from a fan of the team that Sharpe played for, complaining about somebody running his mouth? Speaking of karma, how about your next comment:

Total lack of class, hoping for injury. Guess that's the only way you figure your team can win. And you better be watch it talking about karma; careful what you ask for, it (karma) might come true.

5. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    ed hochuli

Yes.

Plenty {mainly all of those who I spoke to} of us Bills fans thought the Bolts were severely cheated out of a victory. Big deal if the league or officials apologise [if they have not already] ... it still does not put a ticker in the win column nor removes the loss.

This is not hockey, baseball or basketball where there is plenty of time to make up for a couple losses when there are sixteen regular season games. I just hope those calls don't come back to haunt you later in the season should it be the difference or making the playoffs or not though I feel SD will turn things around soon.

6. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I've seen a few comparisons here and elsewhere comparing this call to the "Tuck Rule" play, but there is no comparison. The Tuck Rule play appeared to be a blown call to fans everywhere, but the refs actually got that call right - they called it based on the rule. In fact, the rule is still in effect, one of those rules to protect the QB and promote scoring.

This Hochuli call was a blatant error by the ref. He blew the whistle too quickly, and made the wrong call. If he's not completely sure of the call he should be letting the play take it's course; then they can review the replay and change it later. In the end there was not one, but two mistakes: (1) forward pass rather than a fumble, and (2) blowing the whistle too quickly.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I am going to hate myself for this.................

The Raiders were screwed even more, they lost a chance at a Super Bowl, all we did was lose a game at the beginning of a season. So as far as being more "crucial" the Raiders win hands down and by a very large margin.

Okay now I have to go out and scrub my entire brain with a #6 Bristle Wire brush with a heavy duty Industrial Strength Cleanser, not fun.

8. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    The league needs to start reviewing Hochuli's cell phone records and seeing how much he is shaving points with all his local Denver bookie buddies. I think he is dirty and on the take. This guy makes the NFL look like the WWF or WWE.

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Why would you say this about the WWE? :icon_rofl:

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    What no NBA?

11. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ed hochuli

...Thanks Bills fan and may you guys stomp the crap out of the Bradyless Patriots!

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    ed hochuli

Especially when it's deserved, as it obviously is at this point.

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    ed hochuli

Be interesting to see if Hoculi gets run over by a Chargers player next time he in our ref crew.

14. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    ed hochuli

I assure you that the NFL isnt going to let Hochuli anywhere near our field for awhile.

15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +250
    I'm pretty sure he won't be doing a Chargers home game anytime soon. As I mentioned in another thread I would appreciate it if the Chargers would run a double reverse OVER Hochuli the next time we do get his crew. That 15 yard penalty would be worth it!

16. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    dont know if anyone has said it in this thread but Ed Hochuli lives in Mission Beach i heard

17. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210

LOL! Yeah. I read the article on him answering all e-mails.

I actually feel bad for the guy now. I'm pretty pissed but they guy is obviously way more torn up about his decisions than I am pissed.

I still don't think he should be reffing the post season because of his actions but I don't feel the need to kick the guy when he's about as low as he can get.

18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm with you Enormo. Once a man repents it's hard (and unhealthy) to hold a grudge. :bolt:

19. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I wouldn't go as far as to say I feel sorry for him but I am at least comforted in knowing he's ALSO taking this quite hard. Mike Pereira should have some interesting comments on the football network when he does his segment this week.

I personally would love to see him make a public apology to the Chargers fans everywhere like he supposedly does in his emails. Then, I can at least forgive him.

20. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    OK I'm officially over it......

Yes it was a terrible call but it is history now.

Close the book and move on.

Having thought about it for 2 days, while this call did actually cost us victory, we still had the win in our hands, if we could stop the Donkeys at least once. We could not, game over, a loss.

Bring on the Jets. :tup:

Oh and eh..... cut Wilhelm. :tdown:

21. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    Correction, the snow ponies are currently 2-0 in both the conference & division, having beaten Oakland in Week 1. It is early and I believe that we will not only catch but surpass the Broncos once we get our act together, but it still ticks me off to get screwed over by the refs like we were multiple times on Sunday.

Let’s just hope that Drew Brees has finally gotten over his prior inability to win in Denver!

22. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    the nflra can kma. due to the thousands of people who lost money (or were robbed), i assure you there will be legal action. please rest assured ed, that dozens of private investigators will creep out of the woodworks and your paper trail will be exposed. rest assured.