1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Five Stages of Grief

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    1. DENIAL

2. ANGER

3. BARGAINING

4. DEPRESSION

5. ACCEPTANCE

I went through denial and anger last night... skipped bargaining altogether... and now am in the midst of depression, I think.

Last night hurt... bad. I didn't think anything could outdo the Jets game for rock-bottom... but this is it.

The Schottenheimer question is a tough one. We were, after all, 14-2... and you have to go to the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. But how long will it be until Marty's postseason record becomes a self-fulfilling prohecy?

Whatever. Either way, I think I'm done with the UT board. I think that place has some bad mojo, and it seems that it always seems to get raided by the worst of the other teams' fans. Here's to getting my post count to respectable levels on Bolttalk.com. :icon_toast:

Maybe ACCEPTANCE will come tomorrow.

Sorry for rambling.

2. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you all retarded?

lucky win?!??!

talk about sore losers.

The chargers lost this game because of some incredibly dumb coaching decisions, special teams mistakes, and the calm way the patriots have overcome adversity year in and out.

1) marty is the biggest idiot in football. NOT ONE OTHER NFL COACH IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CHALLENGE THAT CALL. it was covered on ESPN postgame again and again: one of his assistants ran up and yelled at him to challenge it and without thinking out came the red flag. DUMB DUMB DUMB. ALMOST as dumb, in fact, as going for 4th and 11 in the first quarter when your pro bowl kicker is ready to go...... (didnt the chargers lose by 3 points? hmm...)

marty is an idiot. ESPN said it best: if the coaches switched sides the chargers would have won 38-3.

and LT is one of the best running backs in history, why didnt he get a few more touches? he was killing the pats

2) I am not going to even mention the missed field goal, even though the wind was at his back. It was not as important as the 'dumb play of the day': the return man dropping the ball before being plowed into by some pats practice squader they signed off the streets. (more on this later). I have watched a ton of football this year, including just about every pro and college game possible and I have never seen a return man do something so dumb as to drop that kickoff.

3) MOST IMPORTANTLY: the adversity that pats have overcome. it is DISGUSTING how much the patriots change every year: linebackers, kickers, coaching staff, front office, stadium, backups, secondary, wide receivers, etc. EVERY YEAR THEY HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWN THEY WERE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM AND MAKEUP. yet, through the calmness of brady (who actually had a terrible game, too, but kept level headed and professional) and the GENIUS off bellicheck (this cannot be disputed) they overcame. Jabbar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell were homeless earlier this season. gaffney tried out a few games into the season to make the PRACTICE squad....yet somehow the two of them have twice the touchdowns, yards, and receptions as waybe and harrison (both incredible stars) of indianapolis these playoffs. the pats sign NO BODIES. random practice sqaders like tully banta cain and ellis hobbs. year in and out they lose starts, from ty law to lawyer milloy to adam v to willie mcginist to curtis martin to much much much more. the poise and unity they have is like no other. they were the first superbown team to want to be introduced as a team a few years back and other teams have been ripping them off ever since. this is NO FLUKE. TOM BRADY HAS WON GAMES LIKE THIS 2 DOZEN OTHER TIMES. 24 times, chargers fans! 24 times he has lead last minute drives to win the game or set up game winning field goals. the patriots play football like an art. they dont make mistakes, and they dont lose their cool and get stupid personal foul calls. they are the very model of adversity and collectiveness and you are all jealous. a fluke!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHHA do you guys even follow sports? they do that to teams time and time again. LT IS THE 4TH MVP WE HAVE STOPPED IN THE PLAYOFFS. 4 TIMES! 4! a FLUKE! hahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 3rd NUMBER 1 SEED WE HAVE KNOCKED OFF!!! 3!!!! A FLUKE? HAHAHAHAHA. this is what the patriots do. get over yourselves.

and about the classless thing: I will admitt it was very unlike the pats to do what they did, and it was wrong. but it doesnt even compare to the lack of class the chargers had all week on national tv trash talking. especialy that CHEATER merriman.

how classy is it to take steroids, shawn?

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We're all feeling it here together bro.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude - welcome.

Many posters have made the trek to this site or "graduated" because of what you said and more. At least you can say **** here and not be treated like a 5 year old.

I went straight through your grieving process of 1 thru 5 by the amount of beer I drank last night. Both happened quickly. :yes: :lol:

5. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Yeah, you're the shining example of classy, bud.

Karma will get the Patriots next week. NO WAY the city of Boston gets away with some of the media tripe I've heard over the last week.

Now go away and vomit all over the Colts' board.

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    blueandgold where is the alcohol in this process. and for any patsys still lingering, it is far better to have a player act classless than a coach. belichic is a classless brat.

7. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Thanks TM.

A drink sounds like a good idea.

Too bad I'm at work.

8. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0

hahaha your responses are all hilarious. admit it or refure my point. your all drunken fools. do you even understand the patriots and the way they play and take down top teams like this year in and out? you call this game a fluke and your not a football fan at all.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    some pats fans are idiots.:yes:

10. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    hey your mom waved hello, my di ck is in her mouth right now so she can;t say hi.

PS: I hope you get brain cancer you no class troll

11. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    how do you explain getting shut out in miami? your coach was probably bangin some ho somewhere in south beach the night b4. but this shouldnt surprise anyone given his past.

12. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0

like I said before, refure me! the pats have been shutting number one teams down for 6 years. we have never won the superbowl as a number one seed. never. every year we are picked to lose big games, and every year they dig it out. it is sound quality coaching and a level head that does it again and again. they lose half their team and hire random nobodies and do it again and again. the bolts are mercenaries, the pats are the very model of pro football.

13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

I think there was some level of bargaining for me in the wishes for a Pats loss next weekend and a great next season for the Bolts. Even though I still hold those wishes, the high level of emotion (for a Patsie loss) is no longer attached.

Every time, I edge toward acceptance, I slip a little bit back to depression... It's a process that I'll just have to let happen. Will prolly take a few more days.

14. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0

hehehe. this guy is kidding right. THAT game is what we call a fluke. by its very definition. the most dominant team of the decade and the greatest dynnasty in pro football history (no other dynasty has overcome what the pats have, do you people even watch sports coverage?) does not get shut out like that. everyone was completely off. the definition of a fluke. the bolts on the other hand did what is typical of them and marty ball: get upset, freak out, and choke. did you see the frigging sidelines? hahahaha the chargers were all freaking out and the pats looked like it was another day at the office. NOTHING scares them.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    She would have to be a married ho. :yes: :lol:

16. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Neither team deserved to win yesterday. The Pats just happened to have more non-calls and lucky bounces.

Don't pretend like it was anything Brady or Belichick did, because it sure as hell wasn't.

17. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    what do the pats have to overcome? the worst division in football?

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Here's my five stages of grief

1. ANGER

2. ANGER

3. ANGER

4. ANGER

5. ANGER

19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    1-3 happened quickly. Depresion will be with me for months.:( why does it have to hurt so bad.

20. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Because that's part of being a real fan.

Bandwagoners don't feel this pain. They have the luxury of jumping off when the road gets rocky; and it's certainly a long trip.

But make no mistake, those of us who endured the ride will be able to disembark at the last stop - Championship Station.

It won't be much longer. :bolt2:

21. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I am going to rewatch that disaster tonite and try to figure out how we blew that. I am still in the anger phase of the stages. Anger, with a side of hangover. This sucks.

22. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    You're saying the Patriots organizational philosophy is, "if we wait long enough, the vastly more talented team we're playing will make half a dozen very unusual and flukish mistakes to give us the game with a great big bow on it, and then we'll pretend that being lucky and being great are the same thing."

The Patriots are the Raiders of the Northeast.

Sorry Pats fan...NO respect for the Pats from me. Your team should have lost 31-13 at the very closest yesterday. You won the game because WE GAVE IT TO YOU, and for NO other reason.

Normally I would never say that because football is football. **** happens and you have to overcome. But we gifted that game to you. All you did was unwrap it. Nothing more. Go enjoy your spanking in the AFC championship. Your classless, arrogant fans have succeeded in what I thought was impossible--you've turned me into a Peyton Manning fan.

• Like Like x 1