1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The forehead....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Oct 14, 2014.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    He better be take'n care of that sh*t this Sunday because I don't want that sh*t being broken on us on the national stage!!!! :mad: :tdown:
    I just hope he doesn't somehow "save it" for his home crowd. :cautious: :poop: :tdown:
    :broncossuck:

manning4.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    The new meds aren't working. ;)

Poll finds Broncos surpass Cowboys as NFL’s most popular team
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT

[​IMG]
    AP

The Dallas Cowboys may call themselves America’s team, but the Denver Broncos have dethroned them as the NFL’s most popular team.

That’s the word from Harris Interactive, which has found in its annual poll of sports fans that the Broncos are the favorites of more Americans than any other team. The Cowboys had come in first place in each of the last six polls, but this year the Cowboys have dropped to fourth.

The poll found that the Giants are the second-most popular team and the Packers are third. The defending champion Seahawks have surged in popularity in the last year, jumping from 12th to sixth. The Titans and Jaguars tied for last place as the two least popular NFL teams.

The poll also revealed just how broad the NFL’s popularity is: Majorities of Americans in the East, Midwest, South and West follow professional football, as do majorities of Republicans, Democrats and independents. Football is popular across the country, and the Broncos are the most popular team in the country.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Yeah, they polled roughly 0.797% of the country. That's definitely a sufficient sample size :roflmao:

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Yeah, the polling took place in Boulder. Go figure...

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Wait, so more than half of those polled don't even follow professional football? :rolleyes:

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    whats a poll? Nothing matters until a team hoists the Lombardi at the end of a game at the end of a season.

8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    Most of them actually thought they were
    voting for the other Annoying Orange...

Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 7.01.56 AM.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    New poll shows that most polls are extremely flawed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    In regards to what this (highly flawed) poll was trying to measure the Lombardi isn't really the bottom line.

It was trying (very poorly) to measure popularity, not success.

Granted, success does increase popularity but that makes it merely a factor into the equation and not the equation.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So Seattle hoisted the Lombardi last season... If they never make the playoffs again, everything matters because they hoisted it once?

Isn't that validating what the Raiders fans say when they talk about those dust encrusted trophies?

*Ducks and runs*

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Well sh*t, just shut the forum down, there's no reason to discuss anything since nothing matters. I guess shut it down during the season, then open it up for a week or so right after the Lombardi is hoisted since that is the only thing that matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    One word. BANDWAGONERS!

lol with the Cowboys at 5-1, them making the playoffs will dethrone the Broncos again.

14. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Giants are #2? I don't know if I have ever met a Giants fan let alone see any around my parts... the "crew" I watch football with on Sunday's include a fan of the Bills, Browns, Vikings and Bengals.

{Chargers have the same number of Super Bowl wins as all those teams so we are all on equal footing.}

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I know a handful of Giants fans.

You'll probably find them mostly around the NY area.

I don't know if they'd truly take the #2 spot if we truly knew everyone in the country's favorite teams but I highly doubt they'd be in the lower tier popularity either.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Polls are nothing more than opinions. And opinions are like aholes because everyone has one. Teams play the games to find out who is the best, and the team that wins the final game are judged to be champions! A level the Changers have only won once! But that was back in the AFL days and that ring only counts amongst us Charger fans. It’s getting old to be classified as one of the best teams to have NEVER won a Lombardi. Coryell would be in the Hall Of Fame had he won one! I do not want to die having never experienced the joy and having the gratification of saying MY CHARGERS ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS! Every year it gets harder and harder to watch other teams rejoice and celebrate and NOT lower their heads in absolute disgust! Some people must like saying “we will win it next season”. I have said that for 58 years, and it is getting old!

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Nobody denies that the championship is what they play for but that's not what this poll was seeking (miserably) to find out.

19. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The Chargers have only been in existence since 1960, so saying that for 58 years seems odd.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    To be fair, he started saying it in 1956...he was just really, really excited
    for pro football to come to San Diego (via Los Angeles)

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I don't like the fact that many folks don't or won't recognize the Bolt's achievements as AFL champions, but, that's just how it is. I have never been a NFL fan, today I am an AFC fan and the NFC and NFL can go to hell for all I care.

As for the polls, it ain't no skin off my nose and the only team that matters to me is the Bolts and I rather take a kind fitting to private parties, who wants blowhards around to spoil the good nature of the peaceful Bolt fans.?????????

• Agree Agree x 1