1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Gramps official Crow thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Dec 25, 2009.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I want to be the first to eat a nice helping of black bird.

I didn't think we had a chance after our 2-3 start

Now let's finish this with a Lombardi

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
  3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I definitely wrote the team off at 2-3 as well. I simply didn't have trust in Norv even though he's done everything to earn it. Now I have no criticism of Coach Turner and the team and I will gladly eat my heaping plate of crow.

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Who says you can't teach a old dog new tricks... :lol:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If anybody fixed me a plate, I'll Vacuum-Pack in and put it in the freezer.

Not eating till early February!!!

6. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I gotta post in here as well.

After our loss to Denver, I was calling out the team saying that we lacked heart and we were all talk. I thought we didn't even have a shot at the playoffs and that if we did make the playoffs, we would've needed an even bigger miracle than we did last year. It turns out, that wasn't the case. Not only did we make the playoffs, not only did we clinch the second seed, but we did it all on our own. The Bolts buckled down and played 10 straight weeks of amazing football and we didn't need any help from other teams to do it.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    You thought the team was bad enough that you had to root for a 3 win season to secure a good draft pick.

While I am not in the crowd that thinks that makes you a horrible fan it still means you have some amount of crow to eat as it stands right now.

I'll hand you the Norv crow waiting until February, though.

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    You're eating NOW, Pal ! :icon_tease:

9. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    If we won it all, you'd forget to pull it out and still complain about the game.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    that lombardi is just waiting for the chargers to get now.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

As we all know, we looked hopeless in the beginning. I wasn't about being 2-3... it was about just squeaking past the bad teams and getting humiliated in Pittsburgh.

I could care less about that "BOLTS4LIFE is a bad fan" crowd. If wanting a Super Bowl instead of multiple playoff wins makes me a bad fan... I carry that label with pride!!! :bolt:

As for Norv... he didn't make this team, the team made him. Everybody at the pub tonight feels the same way. Though if we get a Super Bowl title this season... I'll happily eat the plate of crow.

No consumption until we take the Super Bowl title.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    I won't disagree with this, but it does not negate the fact that you (and I) thought the team was bad at the time when they evidently are not.

We both have crow to eat on that regard.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Is that what your psychic told you?
    Aren't you a bit old for fortune telling?!!! :lol:

We win it all... you and the other Anti B4L posters will be all alone in front of your computers talking about me instead of out celebrating with the real fans!!!

You party animals are just too much for me!!! :icon_rofl: :lol:

14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    just eat the "we wont get more than 6 wins" crow. we'll talk norv later ;)

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Fair enough but I'm a firm believer in "don't count your chickens before they hatch."

There is much reason to be excited but we're not even in post season yet.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    I can agree with this. :icon_toast:

17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    No need for crow - just try not to give up on our boys so early next time ;) Damn I love this team - can't count them out no matter how down they might be :yes:

18. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I definitely need to eat some crow as well. I think I even said i wouldnt be suprised if we won 5 games. I'm so happy to be wrong. The guys in the trenches improved every week and adding the depth on the DL was awesome. AJ gets a lot of props for dealing with our injuries.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

We ALL love this team... though there is no denying that we looked horrible up to week 6 or 7.

There's no denying that we look amazing now either! :bolt:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    After you're done with your crow and washed of your sins, head over to the positive vibes thread and have a little MOJO JUICE to wash it down and join in the FUN

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    So if all the DRUNK'S agree, it must be right?:icon_shrug::icon_huh::icon_eek:

22. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Truth. The record at that point was not even a secondary consideration. If the Bolts were 4-1 I'd still have been voicing concern over the quality of their play.

Truth. Well, sort of...

Bolts don't have a Lombardi. They have an all-world QB, a stellar set of receivers and some other good stuff. It's time for a Superbowl championship. As the leader of the team Norv needs to distinguish himself from the "Chargers Coaches Who Don't Have a Superbowl Ring" group and put himself in the "Charger's Superbowl Champion Coaches" group.

However! I can't say that the coaching staff hasn't done a miraculous job with an '09 team frought with injuries. And I'm not willing to leave Norv out of the equation just because I haven't been a big fan of his during his tenure in San Diego. He's the leader of this team, he gets as much credit as he does blame. The "being handed a Ferrari" argument has lost some of it's luster.

Obviously, if Norv doesn't bring home the Lombardi this year he's still in the "Chargers Coaches Who Don't Have a Superbowl Ring" group. But I'm not going to put him in the "Chargers Coaches Who Gargle Donkey Balls" group because of it.

C'mon now. That's just pride (and drunk dudes) talking. The Chargers have been relying on 3rd, 4th, and 5th fifth stringers for a while. Without good coaching from the top down this team would look as bad as it did the first few weeks of the season.

---

All of that said, I'm still not convinced this start-slow thing is a "feature" rather than a "bug." And something still stinks about a smash-them-in-the-face team suddenly becoming something not quite so intimidating (I partly attribute the staggering # of injuries to this change in demeanor.). But all in all I applaud how much Norv and Co. have been able to accomplish this year despite having to deal with such a fluid roster. A '09-'10 Lombardi would truly cap of a narrative of epic proportions.

So, I'll have a few bites of crow to tide me over. I hope that I'll be able to heat up the rest of the plate at the end of this season.

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

ughhhhh. Just about everybody in this forum enjoys drinking... especially before the game in the parking lot. Are they all a bunch of drunks?

I was actually sober last night. I didn't feel like drinking but I wanted to see the game. So I just drank Red Bull.

24. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    me too, i deffo wrote them off. fair play to them for fighting like they have :bolt:

25. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    2-3 I would have never counted the chargers out at 2-3 lol

26. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    How much crow can one old phucker eat? :lol:

Mods for simplicity sake can we just merge all 26 of Gramps' "eating crow" threads so I can I have one stop shop for delivering my insults? Thanks much.

Best Regards,
    sdc

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Like me, they are classic!!

:icon_tease:

28. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    On the Monday night we lost to the Broncos, in disgust I said "well, the Chargers just got eliminated from the playoffs." We were 2-3, they were 6-0 with a win over us. We looked like **** in our losses, and didn't look spectacular in the two wins.

Dinner is served!

[​IMG]

29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +687
    4-12!!!