1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Harbaugh Bowl: Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who will win the Superbowl?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2013.
  1. Baltimore Ravens

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. San Francisco 49ers

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Ravens have always been my 2nd team, and they actually have three of my 4 or 5 top player in the NFL (1 maybe both of the other top 5 are playing in this game too....lol) in Suggs, Ngata, Ray Ray, and Iupati's my next favorite with the Smiths in contention for that 5 spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    I'm cheering for the Ravens for two reasons:

1. I want to see Ray get a ring on his way out the door. He's my 2nd favorite football player of all time behind Junior Seau!

2. If the Niners win, I won't stop hearing about it from my college friends who are Bay Area natives. It's bad enough that the Giants have won the World Series twice in the last 3 years and Lord knows I don't wanna deal with those folks parading the Lombardi Trophy around as well.

3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    All you need to remind them of is that the Warriors still suck and the Sharks are still the Sharks... meaning no matter how well they do, they'll still go one and done come playoff time.

4. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I'm in this boat too, 3 out of 5 guys in my house are bay area kids and LOVE the Niners, and most of the rest of my friends are from there as well, so i wouldn't hear the end of it, especially since i'm the football guy with all my friends...its gonna suck

5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    So.... you want the Ravens to win but don't think they will, but you think they might. :confused:

Way to cover those bases. :p

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    So, where you come from

"Oh yeah, well your hockey team is 341-169 since the strike, but hasn't won it all!"

is an effective comeback to

"We've got 2 World Series' and a Super Bowl in the last 26 months"

:p

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I'm going with the Ravens. They've had a lot of very fortunate wins this season. They believe this is their year.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Did you know that Ray Lewis's first career sack was on Jim Harbaugh? kind of interesting little tid bit there

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    The NFL is fast becoming the new WRASTLIN League.

10. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +317
    49ers are my Emergency Backup Team and I'll root for them. But but like Sydalish sez, don't really mind which team wins. Going to be a helluva game either way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +55
    I'm hoping for a good, close, nail-biter of a game first, a Ravens win second.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +297
    Been calling for the harbowl for weeks. Although I kind of wanted Seattle but Baltimore has been my jam for as long as I've watching football (my 1b to the Chargers being my 1a). When I first started watching nfl I bought Madden just after they won the Super Bowl so they were the highest rated team so I picked them and then watching Ray Lewis and Ed Reed sealed it (but Gates and Tomlinson in 03 sealed me being a Chargers fan)

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    49ers win and the difference will be Colin Kaepernick. The Ravens will have a hard time keeping him in check.

14. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    SEC, ‘Canes top Super Bowl rosters

Posted by John Taylor on January 22, 2013, 9:37 AM EST
    As you may have heard, the Baltimore Ravens will represent the AFC and the San Francisco 49ers the NFC in next month’s Harbowl Superbaugh Super Bowl. Obviously, the rosters of the two participants will be stocked with players plucked from the NCAA’s free football farm system.

And, just as expected, the conference that lords over BCS titles… and the NFL draft… and the recruiting trail will have a significant presence in, appropriately enough, New Orleans.

Of the 140 players listed on the roster page of the team’s official websites — including active, injured reserve, practice squad, etc. — 23 come from the SEC, with the Ravens boasting 12 players from the seven-time defending BCS champion conference and 11 coming from the 49ers. Of the 14 teams in the league, 12 members will have players who are listed on the two rosters; Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the only two SEC schools not represented.

The ACC and Big Ten are next with 19 players apiece. Interestingly, 11 of the 12 members of the latter conference will have former players on the two Super Bowl teams, with Minnesota being the lone B1G member shutout this year. Additionally, the Ravens really like the Big Ten as 13 players from that conference litter the AFC champ’s roster.

The Pac-12 (16) and Big 12 (12) were the only other conferences in double digits. The highest number for a “non-BCS” conference? Conference USA with seven, one more than the Mountain West’s six.

As far as individual schools are concerned, the Miami Hurricanes are tops in that category with seven players, five of whom are members of the Ravens. Oregon was next with five players, followed by Marshall, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Texas and Utah with four apiece. Four schools had three players each — Arizona State, Georgia, Maryland and Rutgers.

All told, there are 21 players from non-FBS programs. Delaware and Washburn are the only schools from the other levels with players and around in the game.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/sec-canes-top-super-bowl-rosters/

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Congrats to the Ravens and thank you Ray!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698
    Fun game :) The refs definitely let these two duke it out without much interference that's for sure.

I'm happy for Ravens fans, never met one I didn't like. In the past two years the ones who came to town that I interacted with were always good sports and fun to catch a game with. 9ers fans not so much.

Bring on the 2013 season!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Only my total football fanaticism got me to sit down for this one: I've disliked the Ravens since
    the double homicide, and I hate seeing coaches who routinely throw tantrums (like Jim H.) prosper.
    I truly did want to root against both of these clubs.

But, after The Wire (oddly), I developed a bit of affection for the struggling city of Baltimore,
    and have since visited those rough neighborhoods, and even caught a game at Camden Yards.
    So I did end up pulling for the Ravens. So: "Semi-Yay!"
    Now if we could just get Jimmy McNulty to slap the 'cuffs on the holiest of stabbers...

Okay...on to the draft...maybe Leon Sandcastle will fall to us...

18. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +297
    Omg SF fans/players/coaches are whiners

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Teams tend to take on the personality of their coach...... #imjustsaying

20. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    I predict the Ravens will win 34-31.
    There might also be a power failure
    at some point during the game.

21. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +297
    So many excuses and blaming calls. I can't believe Jimmy jim Jim called out the refs and bitched about that last play in his press conference.

22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698
    Roddy White is still being held in ATL by the 9ers....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    'Twas a good game. That power outage really flipped the momentum in SF's favor (the Illuminati just HAD to elect their new Shadow Emperor that night, didn't they?) but I have to give it up to the Ravens for holding on until the end.

Oh well, the journey begins anew, right Charger fans? #questforone

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
  25. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    It's okay, Jimmy...you can have your cake NOW...
    all 49er fans can relax and have cake now...
    Jimmy Wants Cake NOW!.png

26. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Power failure? Yeah, right! Maybe if the Jims go down by 3 TDs! :confused:

I see it more as 34-29...(unless Sam Koch somehow catches Cake-boy with his pants down, & cha-cha-cha's an impromptu 5k!) sam-cooke-everybody-loves-to-cha-cha-cha-rca-gold-standard.jpg

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Good to watch the 9'ers get beat, to bad it wasn't the total asskicking it looked like it was going to be.