1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The home stretch

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Here are the remaining games in the division...

Chargers;
    Week 14: Buffalo @ SD
    Week 15: Baltimore @ SD (Sunday Night, could be flexed)
    Week 16: SD @ Detroit
    Week 17: SD @ Oakland

Raiders;
    Week 14: Oakland @ GB
    Week 15: Detroit @ Oakland
    Week 16: Oakland @ KC
    Week 17: SD @ Oakland

Broncos;
    Week 14: Chicago @ Denver
    Week 15: NE @ Denver
    Week 16: Denver @ Buffalo
    Week 17: KC @ Denver

Chiefs;
    Week 14: KC @ NYJ
    Week 15: GB @ KC
    Week 16: Oakland @ KC
    Week 17: KC @ Denver

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Chargers I think will go 3-1 down the line.
    Oakland loses out
    Denver goes 1-3
    KC goes 2-2

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    It would be nice to be playing for something the last week in Oakland.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Raiders 3-1
    Broncos 2-2
    Chargers 1-3
    Chiefs 1-3

5. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    i'll be happy/pissed if we do...
    being a charger fan is like being the kid with the ****** dad.
    you get your hopes up that he's gonna finally come through this year, he starts to, then goes on a bender booze'in before xmas and you write him off, then he sobers up and says he coming to xmas, and finally your left hoping again.
    i f'n hate that flake...but hope he shows up to xmas anyway.
    back to cutting myself.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Other than the Pats, that is an extremely weak remaining schedule for Denver. It will suck if they win this division with that hack behind center

• Like Like x 1
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It would be nice to go 4-0, 3-1 the rest of the way, I just know, I'll be looking for something better to happen next year. At this point I'd love to see a Lombardi on display in Chargerville but at what cost at this point?

8. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I think 1-3 or 2-2. I don't think we beat Baltimore, or the hated Raiders. Buffalo is a possible win. Detroit, it all depends on if their defensive line can dominate our patchwork offensive line. Stafford will probably carve the defense up, as well. I don't take a lot from beating the Jags. They are the kind of team we can beat. Winning teams, that remains a question mark.

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,738
    Funny how before last night's game, people had already written us off and predicted that we couldn't even beat the Jags. Now those same people are calling the win as predictable.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    1-3. Beat the bills then lose out.

People are jumping the gun, this is the same team that was 4-7, only difference is we beat a completely demoralized, injury plagued team. That secondary is Unquestionably the worst in the NFL. 3 of their starters were out, and the other guy left is a scrub.

We will be lucky to escape the Raven game with a healthy Rivers...Lions will be pissed and have way too potent of an O for our (horrible) D...and the Raider's will have Run DMC, Ford, and Moore back all while that game will be pointless for us.

Can't keep diggin' holes and expect to jump out at the end of the season each year. It's a marathon, not a sprint and you have to be consistent for 16 games or you get left in the dust come January.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  12. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Thanks for posting this, I was wondering about the other teams' remaining games earlier. We have a pretty tough road ahead, but amazingly somehow still have a small shot at winning the division.

Good time to play Buffalo, as their early season surge has well and truly faded now, Baltimore are their usual tough selfs, Detroit will probably be smelling a wildcard place, especially now Chicago are slipping, and Oakland is Oakland.

The Raiders do seem to be losing some steam, and finding our fast that Carson palmer kinda sucks, which considering how much he cost them is more than a little bit funny. Also McFadden seems to be a bit like Mathews but better, great when he plays, kinda injury prone.

On the flipside, i think all of us are waiting for the wheels to fall off the Tebow bandwagon, hopefully this happens soon!

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    If Philip says they're gonna run the table, then it shall be so.

14. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    The denver defence won't let them lose to Caleb Hanie and Marion Barber. They'll lose to NE but I can't see them losing to CJ Spiller and Ryan Fitzmagic Buffalo Bills or the Kansas City Palkos. So even if we run the table we'll still be 9-7 and the Denver Tebow's will be 10-6. Though if they do drop two games and finish 9-7 we'll probably beat them on tie-breakers.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Possibly not, but I can see Tebow blowing a game here and there with a few well placed INTs.

16. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    The bigger question for me is if we run the table will AJ return next year?:eek: I see 2-2 @ best

17. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Denver winning the division will be the ultimate embarrassment for the AFC West....... #imjustsaying

18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Oakland is a fraud unless they play against us. They lose big to Green Bay, and lose to Detroit. They have already been shut out by KC in Oakland, and KC is playing better since then. And then we probably roll over for them in the finale (though I hope not). Denver will probably win the division.

19. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    But what of all the TEBOW coverage?

20. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I never said we couldn't beat the Jags. If we had lost to them that would have been awful. I am saying we don't beat teams with winning records. Not yet anyway.

21. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Yee are hoping against hope I fear... Unless a team gets a good lead on Denver then Tebow can do what he does best. I'd like to see a team go 14 pts up with a half to go and then let's see what he's got. He hasn't had to pass enough and he won't be throwing many picks if he doesn't 'have to' pass. Best we can do is 2 and 2 I reckon. It is the draft for me now.

22. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Doubt it, JESUS has his back LOL! Denver will win the West and make us all look like fools.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I know, Tesus will damn me to hayl... But that is where all the naughty girls go so.... :devilish:

• Like Like x 1