1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The honeymoon is over!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    McCoy you are starting to piss me off! You do a lot well, but you do some things that make me want to grab your lower lip and pull it up over your head! For instance:

It sounds like you are not going to do anytning. Why not question them? Challenge them and if it cost you a game LEARN FROM IT for peets sake!
    But apparently you can leave your best RB on the sideline for a half, and in goal to go situations!

Short memory, or failure to be accountable for your calls?

Then please let me say... **** YOU!

Details

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    The was bound to be a horrible marriage.

3. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100
    I just don't get the playcalling in goal line situations at all. Even the personnel groupings are very weird for certain formations in short yardage situations.

I feel like they are overthinking it way too much and something like this just hurts Mathews confidence after 2 big games he barely gets the rock.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Gettin' fancy when all you need is a yard to ice the game...effin' insane.
    Hey Whiz, how about that big-arse Fullback and the Runningback
    that was carrying piles of bodies in the first half? Simple hand-off.
    The Foreskins didn't have that issue when it was their turn to win it.

Oh, and who the hell calls "tails" on the coin-flip?

This team drives me fuquin' krazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +315
    McCoy sucks....Whizzer sucks......this loss is totally unacceptable. :devilish:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    They called an OK game and crapped out in the fourth quarter culminating at the goal line.

7. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    Crazy all this hate for our current coaching staff. I basically wrote off this entire season considering the pile of crap the old coaching staff left. (and GM) I have been pleasantly shocked at how productive the offense has been compared to last season.

Phillip Rivers has the top completion percentage in the league... Under Norval he was TERRIBLE. Just surprising that people are ready to completely jump ship on our current coaching staff considering where we came from.

Could the goal line stand of gone better, OF COURSE. A touchdown would of been GREAT! But if you think with our current team runs up the middle work at all, you are full of it. Our goal line run package is awful up the middle. I would rather see our RBs bounce it outside and have a foot race to the pylon. But oh well, I am still shocked we are 4 and 4, considering how ravaged this team has been over the last couple of years...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. tittylated

tittylated bolttalk cheerleader sweet

Ratings:
    +24
    I know its easy to look at that 1 yard needed to get us the win and how easy it could of been and how bad mccoy is for not getting us there but this team fought back from a ten point deficit with 6:59 left and tied it up and were one simple yard away from winning this game. Its easier for whiz to change his play calling then for us to develop a never say die attitude.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    RM24 has scored on a run up the middle. I agree however that I would like to spread the D out at the goal-line more. The team is doing a lot well... it is just that some of those quotes come off as arrogant to me. I am sure that will change with time and a win over the Denver Peytons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    You know you dun f**d up when I start agreeing with every word Conc says in a thread.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    Norv (who is not AJ) didn't draft the team he had. All the credit you give above seems to go to Telesco (who is not McCoy)

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    What people forget, and this holds for fans around the league until it happens to their team, is that if your OL sucks, your QB will also suck. There's no getting around that. And AJ **** the bed on OL last year. Total lack of contingency planning at LT.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    LOL! Wha.... HEY!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. robdog

Ratings:
    +262
    I think the problem with that statement is he score A(one) TD on a run up the middle. In 8 games, he has 1 TD running between the tackles. Trust me, I want this to improve, but I just don't see that happening. :(

15. robdog

Ratings:
    +262
    Trust me, I put a ton of blame on AJ for how he drafted and dealt with free agents. But I put a ton of blame on Norv for the decline of Phillip Rivers, who is looking pretty good under McCoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    A ton sounds like a lot until you say there is another ton after that

17. robdog

Ratings:
    +262
    haha! So many "tons" to go around! :p

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    He cant score if he isnt in the game during goal line stands. As I recall, and I am not a human stat computer, he has been in on 3 or 4 goal line stances and didn't get the ball every time. Hard to score when you are not given an opportunity. It wont improve as long as the Coaching continues to want to finesse their way into field goal attempts.

19. robdog

Ratings:
    +262
    I can definitely agree with you on that point.

20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Rob, I once appealed to my local Vons, requesting that they carry a particular premium frozen product.

The "Manager" calmly explained to me that people in La Mesa don't buy that product. It doesn't sell.

Well…yeah…if you don't offer it, they definitely aren't buying it. Petitio principii.

RM has proven he can get in the end zone. He may only have "1 TD running between the tackles" at this point,
    but there's a huge reason for that: McCoy turns away from perfect opportunities, like yesterday,
    and tries instead to get cute. Too cute by half. It's almost impossible to fail to get 1/2 yard with 3 plays, but McCoy did.

We do agree that, so long as McCoy doesn't let Mathews run the ball in, Mathews' scoring numbers will look lousy.
    (and people will point to those lousy numbers to justify not giving him the ball. Petitio principii.)
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 7.17.15 AM.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Well I think it's about opportunity as much as anything, how many goal line attempts does he actually have? We've been complaining about Woodheads overuse in short yardage for the last 6 games or so...we've also been awful inside the redzone in that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Are the same people who complain about running the ball in the 4th quarter to kill clock blaming the coaching for putting the game in the hands of guys like Philip Rivers, Danny Woodhead, Gates and Allen rather than Matthews?

Seriously? I'm happy they went down passing rather than running.

Yes I'm also happy with getting Jake Locker to go 80 yards to beat us.

23. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +315
    Four shots to go 1 yard to win the game......:sick:
    A day later and I still can't believe that :poop:.......:tdown:

24. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +181
    It's easy to play the blame game.Obama blamed Bush for nearly four years- so we can blame AJ and Norv for at last that long!

25. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    As smart as I might think all of you are, this chick will improve the median. Invite her over!

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Sorry…doubled over…was there more, later?
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 9.57.34 PM.png

27. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    I'll pm you about circular reasoning if you insist on this cavalier display!

28. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Just try it…I'll kick you in your petite petitio

29. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    I won't deny feeling bothered when I saw the placement of the ball. In a game of inches and they place it 24 inches away instead of what I thought would be about 6 inches from goal.

Was anyone else watching when the Packers lined up their power run offense loaded to the right side and then proceeded to just blow up that side and score on the ground? Yeah, I know what you were thinking...

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Assuming everyone is guilty of petite petitio is in fact en arkhei aiteisthai itself isnt it?