1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

the "I Want LaMichael James" Bandwagon

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PRiversMVP619, Apr 16, 2012.

1. PRiversMVP619

PRiversMVP619 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I wouldn't be upset if we take Ronnie Hillman from SDSU either and I wouldn't use anything more than a 3rd round pick or lower on either of them but it definitely would be nice to have James added to our backfield. Sadly, I don't see AJ doing it despite what some of the draft gurus think.

2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Lamichael James won't make it to the middle of the 3rd. Further, even if he was there at 18, he's not the kind of change of pace you want to pair with Mathews.

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    I see AJ finding a RB in no more than the 6th round or later, He strikes me as the type of guy who thinks "back up running backs should be drafted where back up running backs are suppose to be drafted

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +252
    I'd rather get a free agent like Justin Forsett and then save the draft pick for something else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    I'm very VERY concerned about James' inability to stay healthy, even when he was present he was never %100. Every week it as an ankle, wrist, chest, head, knee, calf etc...even with a reduced load in the NFL I'm skeptical he'll make it through 16 games.

He's basically Jahvid Best. So in the 4th maybe.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    I know James and Hillman are the popular players right now, but if you want to look for a backup RB check out out Cyrus Gray from A&M. Has the "magic feet" kinda like Sproles, but at 5'10 205. Top speed is better than I thought at 4.47, but on film its his quickness that catches your eye, he nearly always makes the first man miss.

I also like Pead more than James, less of a specialty player.

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    I think this is the one position were okay in heading into the draft. We resigned Hester, McClain can be used as a RB as well, we will most likely sign another vet backup after the draft. But if we do select a RB it will most likely be an Isiah Pead, Robert Turbin, Terrance Ganaway, Lance Dunbar, Ronnie Hillman..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +175
    if we dont pick chris rainey ill cry