1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Jackie Battle appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Sep 16, 2012.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Hopefully this means we have a running game now, even if Mathews is out.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I have no problem with RB by committee providong we continue to find who the hot RB is and feed them. Especially when we have a lead.

Next week will be a bigger challenge.

3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Wins are wins...on to Week 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    RB by committee until Mathews gets out there. Still Battle was the first of our RBs to gain consistent positive yards, and I'm grateful for that. He could have a future as a heavy back along with McClain. Brinkley is a good speedy back but at his best when he can make a cut and go, and he can't cut when the OL is pushed in his face. I've said it once I'll say it again, what the hell is Brown doing on this roster

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Today Battle made me forget about Mike Tolbert.

We have a nice stable of backs, but when RM comes back all 4 won't be active on the 45 man roster.

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    What?!?!?......... no love for Ladarius Green? ;)

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

His one play was fantastic, he's very fast, and he runs under control and breaks arm tackles. We may have gotten a good one here.

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    He needs a lot of seasoning, but at least he finally shows some promise.

9. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    His 31 yard catch was awesome, made the safety look like a rag doll when he tried to tackle him. The next pass to him was bullshit, he was held horribly and got a no call.

10. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Before everyone jumps on the Battle bandwagon, keep in mind that we brought in a fresh, big back into the game late against a somewhat gassed Tennessee defense that spent all afternoon sweating in dark jerseys on a day when it was probably at least 90 degrees on the field. I have a feeling that if Battle was in the game early and often he probably would have had numbers similar to Brown.

As a group, the RB's are making some progress without Mathews (After last week the bar was set pretty low. Get well soon, Ryan!!) but the O-line is struggling trying to open holes in the run game. I do believe this can be fixed and I am expecting to see improvement week by week.

Back on topic: I'm glad Battle had a great game...welcome to San Diego #44!!!

11. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I like the way Battle was used today, to batter & punish a winded & demoralized defense. I would really like to see this be his role all season, running the ball late to put the game away and sparing Mathews from taking those hits, after he has already rushed for about 100 yards & a score or 2. He could also be our new “Mike Tolbert” who gets those short yardage & goal line carries, if Le’Ron McClain doesn’t produce in that capacity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Battle came in and took advantage of a tired and winded titans defense which is exactly what Norv was counting on. If he didn't have the game he did, I know the anti Norv and AJ group would be out in full force.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chico Andy

Chico Andy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Where was Meachum today? If I'm not mistaken, he only has 1 catch thus far. At least it was for 40+ yards.
    Phillip spread it out. 7 different receivers had a catch today.

Goodman almost broke one today, then tripped before he could take on Bironas one on one.

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Ronnie Brown needs to be cut loose so we can bring in a backup O lineman. He is done. Loved what I saw from Battle even if it were against a spent D. Brinkley is fantastic in space but no use 'up the gut'. With Mathews starting and a sprinkling of Boonah and Battle to be the closer I suddenly like our backfield.