1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Jets are hot, but what about the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Harley, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    The Jets are hot, but what about the Chargers?

January, 11, 2010 Jan 114:25PM ETEmail Print Share By Bill Williamson

A funny thing has happened in the past day -– the title of "hottest team in the NFL" has swapped sidelines in Sunday’s AFC divisional playoff game between the host San Diego Chargers and the New York Jets.

The Jets have become postseason sweethearts. Since this matchup was made Sunday, I’ve heard about how well the Jets are playing and how they may be a team to watch to end up in the Super Bowl.

So here’s my question: What about the Chargers?

Sure, the Jets are nice, but no NFL team is playing better than San Diego. It hasn’t lost since Oct. 19. That’s nearly three months, folks. The Jets haven’t lost in three weeks.

Just because coach Rex Ryan is brash and confident enough to say the Jets should be favored to win the Super Bowl, we don’t have to believe him. We don’t have to believe the Chargers should be the underdog Sunday.

Good for Ryan for backing his team. But the Jets are not world beaters here, folks. They were 9-7 and didn’t clinch a playoff berth until the final day of the season. Sure, they run the ball very well and they play good defense. Those are two pretty good areas to be strong in.

Yes, they are hot, but the Chargers are hotter.

San Diego has won 11 straight games. No team is more dangerous than San Diego heading into the postseason. The Chargers are clicking in all three phases and they have been for months.

The Jets became a sexy pick because of their last three-game stretch. Let’s look at that stretch a little more:

New York beat the Colts in Week 16 after the Colts suddenly pulled the plug on being competitive. The Jets hammered the Colts’ backups in the second half. Then in, Week 17, the Jets crushed Cincinnati when the Bengals were playing with nothing on the line and with backup closing out the game.

In the wild-card round, the Jets handled the Bengals’ starters in a 24-14 win. Yes, it was impressive. But let’s face it, the Bengals were shot. Including Saturday’s game, Cincinnati lost four of its final five games.

This is not meant to poke holes into the Jets. They have some nice pieces, but they are not the team to beat Sunday.

It’s the host Chargers. You know, the team on the real hot streak.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    nice article.

Had the Colts decided to chase history, we wouldn't even be talking about the Jets.

F-U-C-K THE J-E-T-S

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Haha! well said. It will be a good game though. They will still play tough. But I kind of think the Bolts like the attention going to Jets.

4. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Great post. Typical east coast bias. We should be use to it by now.

I hope we kick the living crap out that team and I'm talking about a huge blowout. They're not ready for primetime.

OUR TIME HAS COME. Its time to go get it that trophy but first, we must take care of bidness Sunday.

GO BOLTS!!!
    :abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i guess winning two games handed to you and winning another because the other team couldnt produce a decent drive makes you hot. well if thats the case, what do you call 11 straight?

Attached Files:

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Lets see. The jets beat the colts that just gave them the game. The jets just beat cinci twice who's team is very weak now because of injuries.

Now the jets get to play the chargers. Jets will be killed.:yes:

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The Jets played this past weekend, so they are suddenly the media darlings.

LOVE IT!

I was getting a little uncomfortable with all the attention the Chargers were getting. I'd rather everyone just think we suck.

8. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Jets are not hot. :no: They played the Colts after the Colts layed down after the 2nd quarter, and played the Bengals who layed down in the 2nd half, then played the Bengals again, who has had a collapse in the last month.

How is that being hot???:icon_huh:

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Jets are fake hot. Smoke and mirrors that when you look at the evidence, you should not be fooled.

Jets are running into a buzzsaw, and I don't need someone to tell me the Chargers are hot, I'd say were just warming up.

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    The Jets and Rex Ryan are clowns. 3 weeks ago this guy condemned his team publically, now he's already set the parade date for the Super Bowl.

I can't put into words how badly I want to beat these dickheads.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I want to beat them so bad it makes me stutter. :icon_twisted:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  13. ChargerVista

ChargerVista BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Fake Hot is right. They are getting press because they are underdogs. Jets are over-matched and over-hyped.

These are my predictions.

1. LT is going to have a big game. (> 100 yards)
    2. Indy will lose a close game. (24-17)
    3. Chargers will win in a blow-out (> 30 points)
    4. Crowd noise will be loud! (>114 dB)

14. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    m m me t t to

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I wouldn't say they're hot but they do deserve some credit. They weren't suppose to make it to the playoffs, much rather win the first round.

I agree that the last two regular season games were for most part given but they weren't given anything on Saturday.

But with that said... I'd bet money that this is the end of the road for them.

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Exactly, nobody in the media would be talking about the Jets seriously, if they was from some other state.