1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Jets fans want to play us...

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Boltergeist, Jan 9, 2010.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    "GameDay" is all he know.

:icon_tease:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    the 2000 Ravens went 12-4 and didn't need help from another team resting their starters to get into the playoffs.

3. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Saw you play Americas team and the Dolphins. Pretty good a definite step up in class for the Jets. You guys have a great team at least as good as the great teams you've had since we faced you in 04 with a QB who couldn't throw the ball.

The Jets have some really good players. Outstanding OL Mangold is an outright stud at Center. Greene at running back is a baller and Jones while over rated makes teams pay for over pursuit. Cotchery is a stud at WR very under-rated and very under the radar but catches everything. Keller is a good young TE with good speed. Edwards is a physical freak who will drop a ton of balls but will be wide open all over the field and make an occassional circus catch between drops.

We have a nice linebacking group a solid secondary and Revis is clearly a DPOY candidate, total stud.

Sanchez is a rookie, didn't really think we could get this far with a rookie. He's up and down but he does have big time NFL talent and can be dangerous, paritcularly on the move.

We may be over matched? We got to play someone and it might as well be SD in SD. I remeber Namath throwing for about 350 in SD the year we won the SB. I remeber Chad with a broken shoulder beating the favored Chargers in 04. I remeber the best team from SD not making the playoffs a few years ago.

You're good but you've been good for a long time now and that doesn't mean you're going to the next round.

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Welcome!
    Do you remember the score last time the Chargers/Jets played?

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I remember the last time they played in the playoffs. :icon_evil:

6. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I remember,too. I was there! :censored:
    That wasn't my question.

7. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea you put up almost half a buck against us. I think that's one of the reasons we canned Mangini and hired Ryan. I also remeber we had a 50 year old QB who was a pick 6 machine.

Thanks for the Welcome!

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    We are a much better team than at any time in the last 5 years. So comparing us to an '04 playoff team or some other team is not a fair evaluation of what you guys will be seeing next Sunday.

You guys do have some solid players on your team, but I just don't see you coming to SD and getting the win. I don't think Sanchez is going to get away with throwing 18 passes and managing the game. He's going to have to be a weapon for the Jets to keep up with Rivers and the Bolts offense.

I seriously doubt anyone in SD will underestimate Crotchery. He was a college teammate of Rivers, so those two know each other very well.

9. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Well....I guess we had better be ready for the "Super Bowl Favorites" eh? From your write up, the J-E-T-S should be favored by 14.

Hopefully Rex Ryan will get a little wake up call next Sunday.

10. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    So now you have a 20-year-old pick machine instead, not too much of a difference. :lol:

11. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The big difference is with Favre we threw the ball way more than we passed the ball. This year we were 32nd in pass attempts and 1st in rushing attempts. Sanchez hasn't thrown a pick in his last 3. He played great in his first playoff game, on the road.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Neither team is the same teams they were in 2004.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Revenge from 2004!!!

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Rivers won't be over and under throwing his receivers all day like Palmer was and Nate Kaeding will not be missing chip shot field goals. (No comments from the corona gallery)

15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,728
    So your 1 dimentional with a rookie QB who's a pick machine?:lol: Sanchez was able to manage because the Bengals offense has been incredibly limited all year long.

16. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +87
    You have a very good power running game, for sure. In fact, probably the best power running game in the league. However, the rushing attacks that have torched us in the past were predicated on speed, not power--we have strong, stout LBs and safeties who can stop Greene and Jones, just like we stopped Cedric Benson.

However, Palmer stepped up that game and looked like the 2005 version against a very good coverage secondary--can Sanchez do the same?

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    To be fair, we're kind of one dimensional as well.

But I'll certainly take (an albeit old) LT, Sproles, and even Tolbert in our weak area over having a rookie QB in our weak area.

18. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Rex is a little over the top. Personally I don't go for all the trash talk but I have to give Rex credit for reworking the D. It's much more solid and tough than it was under Mangini or Edwards.

Obviously the Chargers and Colts are a huge step up in competition. I'm not a big beliver that there is a great elite team in the NFL this year. I love the way Rivers is playing and your team seems to be playing real good ball, but I don't see the 70's Steelers or the 85 Bears or the 49'ers. Nice team, not unbeatable.

19. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +87
    Our running game is weak, but it is consistent--LT can get a consistent 2-3 yards anywhere, and any time, even on a goal line situation. He cannot break for the big run, but he can sure find a hole and hit it hard.

And Sproles and Tolbert have their true value in the screen game, which does not show up in the rushing section of the boxscore.

20. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Jet fan wants us?!!! Do they think the trend of elite teams handing them games is going to continue? (Not including the bungles there)

Sorry J-E-T-S lose lose lose...

Your team is just a minor speed bump on our way to destiny, good run though green.

21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,728
    True, but like he said they're 32nd in pass attempts. We are still 16th in rushing attempts. We still keep a somewhat balanced offense, forcing them to respect the run.

And to add to that, we're much less likely to turn the ball over with our run game than they are with their passing game.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    :abq2:

23. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Beating one good team doesn't make the Chargers an elite team. Nobody besides Dallas in the NFC East played Defense this year and the AFC West is a joke of a division.

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Jets must Die.:bolt2::bolt:

25. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +87
    Jet wins:

Texans
    Patriots
    Titans (24-17 :p)
    Raiders
    Panthers
    Bucs
    Bills

It is sad when the Texans likely top the list of your notable accomplishments. We beat the Dolphins--handed their asses to them, and you lost to them...twice. '

And you lost to the Falcons without Turner and Ryan, which is ironic, if only because it is Sunday's coaching matchup (Norv Turner vs. Rex Ryan)

26. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Don't forget....The Chargers won the NFC East,too. :icon_rofl:

27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,704
    Nice to see our first Jets troll has made their way over :lol:

I won't begrudge a fan supporting their team but nothing you say will ever make me give up on my Chargers. NOTHING.

As long as our boys do their thing there's no game we can't win. I love a good fight, bring it on :yes:

And this time, when you send fans with signs to our house, make sure they can spell the team's name correctly...

[​IMG]

28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,728
    OWNAGE!:tup::icon_rofl:

I didn't realize their 9 wins were so unimpressive.

The Bengals were their biggest win and its likely that they wern't even trying to win that game as it meant nothing.

29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    yeah because the AFC east was SO strong

:lol:

30. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the welcome! Speaking of trolling how is Dan Fouts in the HOF and Ken Stabler not in the HOF?