1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Jets fans want to play us...

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Boltergeist, Jan 9, 2010.

1. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    When you aspire for mediocrity such victories are worthy of celebration. The Jets to us are a mere step in the journey to the ultimate goal. Enjoy your SB this Sunday.

2. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Dolphin fan base is 90% made up of Yankee, Mets, Giants and Jet fans over the age of 90 that either can't take the cold weather or can't get a drivers license any where else in the country outside of Dade county.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    I like your style. Hope you stick around. :tup:

Even Fat Bastard Ryan didn't know his team still had a shot at the playoffs.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    See, talk like this comes from fear.

5. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree, personally I would prefer if they reduced the league to 24 teams 8 per division and had 1 playoff game for each confrence between the 2 division winners before the SB.

This year in particular I was struck by how crappy the games were and the level of competition from week to week. The Jets clearly backed in but if you look at the 2 wild card teams and the other teams competiting for the wild card, hard to say the Jets don't belong. Every one of those teams that didn't make it choked out at one point or another.

SD clearly belongs but you have to admit the level of competition you faced wasn't particularly good.

6. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Fear of old age yea I can man up to that. Fear of the Chargers. Don't think so. Good team, not great not as good as a couple of your teams that shat the bed in the playoffs.

If you were a Charger fan before this year you know the drill, basic meth high followed by detox.

7. Finatic

Finatic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    You forgot the Red Sox and Patriot fans, we have a bunch of those in the Miami area too. Although admittedly, a little bit less Patriot fans than Jets/Giants, since the Patriots fan base was formed in 2001. The transplants are no where near as bipolar as your brethren back home though.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hmmm... an anthropology discussion in Smack Talk... that's a first! :lol:

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    You wouldn't be talking this much if you weren't afraid. Face it, the Chargers SCARE you. But keep talking. It chases the fear away.

As for me, season ticket holder for 10 years, 16 jersies hanging in my closet. I'll bet you've never been to a Jets game. You are aware they play in New Jersey, right. :lol:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    [​IMG]

11. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been a Jets fan for 44 years. Saw the Chiefs beat us for the AFL title in 69 at Shea. Stoped us on our goal line in the 4th quarter trailing by 3, the year they won SB 4. The Jets have been crushed by teams much better than the Chargers. Fear, I don't think so.

Glad to see the NFL is selling you lots of Jersey's. Hope you get a chance to see your team win a few Championships. Back in the day I thought the first one was going to be the first of many. How wrong I was. Enjoy your team, this may be as good as it gets. Hope you get to see your team hoist a few just not this year.:icon_toast:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The Jets are going to get brutalized. The only thing the offense needs to work on is the hot read. That's the only god damn thing we have to do right to win this game, and Rivers has been killing it all year. Jackson may not be a factor, but he doesn't need to be. The quick outlet to Gates, Floyd, Sproles, and fill in the ****ing blank, is going to bury you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    You better score all your points in a big hurry because your front 7 is going to be picking cleats out of their chests all game.

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't think you're going to see a 7 man front the whole game... But yeah if we have a weakness that's it, and it sucks that it plays to your strength. But time and time again we have seen this team get nasty inside our own 30. When the field gets short RBs stop gaining yards in our house. :yes:

15. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    We love 8 and 9 man fronts. Gets our running backs into space that much sooner.

16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    [​IMG] god damnit I can't wait until Sunday

17. Finatic

Finatic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    [youtube]V-jdEb5zxL4[/youtube]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    The Jets beat Marty "I ****ing love to choke my teams hopes in the playoffs" Schottenheimer.

Totally different team.

19. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed that team had a much better running game with Tomlinson in his outright prime and a better D.

20. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Yeah, they also scored half of what they will vs. The jets this time around.

You won't be around long, so I'm not going to spend anymore time with you.

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Wow! Going all the way back to 1968? Yes, Namath threw for about 350 in one game against us that season, but we played twice that year. The other game Hadl threw for 300+ against the Jets. So what? It was over 40 years ago.

Do you really think you very unimpressive victory in '04 will help this go around? Different teams, completely irrelevant.

What you "remeber" is not much. Chargers have been in the playoffs each of the last 4 years. It's spelled "remember" by the way. Normally I'm not picky about spelling on an internet post as it's easy to mistype something, but when you do it over and over it just says you don't know how to spell.

Except for the part about being good for a long time, this totally describes the Jets.

biggs, why don't you just head on back to your "beautiful" city. :rolleyes2: Your football analysis has zero creditability. I guess you're good for a laugh or two though. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This statement alone is brilliant. For entertainment value if nothing else. :icon_rofl:

23. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Did anyone notice that biggs had no response when I called him on the Jets beating the Raiders in the SB? :icon_rofl:

24. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    And now we have an elite passing attack, and a run game that keeps the balance in our offense. We run to set up the pass, you run because that's all you can do.

You are one dimensional. You don't have a balanced attack. You are relying too much on the run game.

We can go toe to toe with anyone if the game got to be over 40 points. You on the other hand, cannot come from behind with no passing game.

This is 2010 and is a passing league. Until Sanchez develops, you won't do anything. Also you need a WR, you currently don't have one worth a nickel.

25. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    So you have just said that the Chargers have been better than the Jets for the past 5 years. :icon_rofl:

I agree !!!:tup:

26. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Remember, everyone in New York was praising Mangenious when he was in New York also..:icon_rofl:

27. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I never said we beat the Raiders in the SB. I said we beat the 2nd best team in football that year with Namath leading the game winning drive in the 4th quarter.

You need to follow the program. The Heavily favored Colts turned out to be not that good so we didn't need Namath to pass all over them we ran the ball down their throats. Similiar to how this weeks playoff game is going to go.

Had we hadn't had Namath lead that come from behind drive in the wind at Shea we never get to the SB. The Raiders were clearly better than the Colts that year and the following few years proved that the AFL was every bit as good as the NFL.

28. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Way better in fact the team we beat in 04 was clearly better than the Jets that year with Pennington having a torn shoulder and that Charger team was clearly better than this Charger team.

The Chargers have had the best talent in the NFL for years now. They also haven't gotten it done. The 04 team had a better record faced a tougher schedule, had a better D a more balanced O that got more productivity out of the QB position with Brees than this team is getting from Rivers and still our team with a QB who couldn't throw the ball outside the hash marks and with a D that doesn't compare to this years Jets slapped you around.

Talent wise at the skill position the Jets aren't as good as the Chargers in fact no team in the NFL has been as good as the Chargers since 04. Your team has always found a way not to come through and I'm sure as fans you all know it and come game time your undies are going to be a tad damp.

29. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you kidding me? Pats fans were booing Brady on Sunday. Tom Brady the guy who won 3 SB for you and now you're rooting for the Chargers?

There is no such thing as a Pats fan prior to 01. If the Pats start out with a couple of losses next year it's blackout time in NE.

Nothing worse than a bandwagon Pats fan kissing the *** of a Charger fan. The dynasty is over. The Genius HC isn't as smart without the tape. The Pats are toast, deal with it.

You might as well buy your first Official Rivers Jersey. On second thought you might want to wait a few weeks to consider a Sanchez, Flacco, Manning , Romo, Brees or Warner Jersey.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    By Monday many of the Jets' fans will have exchanged that gear for their Giants gear & will be talking about what a fat loudmouth Rex is.

Bandwagoners indeed. :lol:

Biggs, you seem to be an OK guy, but there are at least as many delusional Jets' fans as there are Chargers' fans.

Proof is in the pudding. My bet is that the most fun Rex will have in San Diego is at the closest buffet line.

• Like Like x 1