1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Johnny Knox Hit

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Dec 18, 2011.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    This is gruesome

[​IMG]

They're calling it a mid-back injury but from what I see I think it's safe to say it's broken.

2. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    how does someone break their back? The only thing they can break is the vertebrae. With a hit like that most likely the vertebrae can pinch the disk and an put strain on the Dura Matter which contains the spinal cord and nerves. It will definitely hurt for a while.

I hate seeing players/people get hurt like that.

3. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Holy ****.

I haven't had to look away from a hit like this in awhile. I hope its nothing to serious and he can get back on the field okay.

4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    That was horrifying to see.

Early reports say he should be fine. Here's hoping they are right.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I didnt need to see that for sure. Hope he recovers as much and fast as possible.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He went on IR today

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I threw up in my mouth a little watching that hit. Holy. *******. ****.

Thank god he's going to be alright - that was positively gruesome :sick:

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    When I first saw it on Sunday and it kind of pissed me off some of the comments on the article. The one I remembered specifically was "EVEN THOUGH IM A GB FAN I still hope he's okay." EVEN THOUGH YOURE A FAN OF A RIVAL TEAM!?!? THAT SHOULDN'T ******* MATTER BECAUSE A MAN WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED! I get what they were saying and it wasn't malicious but you should hope he gets better regardless of teams instead of implying that maybe you wouldn't because he was from a rival team.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I don't see how they can say it isn't a career threatening injury, that will play on that boys mind for a very long time.

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    The one I remembered specifically was "EVEN THOUGH IM A GB FAN I still hope he's okay." EVEN THOUGH YOURE A FAN OF A RIVAL TEAM!?!? THAT SHOULDN'T ******* MATTER BECAUSE A MAN WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED! I get what they were saying and it wasn't malicious but you should hope he gets better regardless of teams instead of implying that maybe you wouldn't because he was from a rival team.

Well, compared to some OTHER Green Bay fans...having a tough week...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2011-12-20/irate-packers-fan-chokes-daughter/52125420/1