1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Keil-er thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Chargers' Kiel returns to practice
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...bn.chargers.kiel.ap/index.html?section=si_nfl

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Chargers safety Terrence Kiel, facing five felony drug charges, went through his first full-scale practice since being arrested last week at team headquarters.

Free on a $160,000 bond, Kiel practiced Wednesday and could return to the starting lineup on Sunday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer said.

"It feels good to be running around," Kiel said. "It's always been a blessing to play football. Any time I can get out there on the field, I think you should take advantage of it."

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Embattled Kiel keeps the faith
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/10/05/sports/professional/chargers/0_24_2910_5_06.txt

SAN DIEGO -- Terrence Kiel was smiling on Wednesday, unlike his demeanor Tuesday when appearing in San Diego Superior Court.

"It feels good to be running around,'' he said. "It's always been a blessing to play football. Any time I can get out there on the field I think you should take advantage of it."

Kiel participated in his first full-scale practice since being arrested last week on five felony charges stemming from shipping and possession of large quantities of prescription cough syrup, a controlled substance. He is free on $160,000 bond.

"It was practice as usual,'' said Kiel, who pleaded not guilty to the counts, although a DEA investigator said Kiel admitted to shipping the two parcels in question.

Kiel was in his customary role at Chargers Park, running with the first string as the Chargers prepare for the Pittsburgh Steelers' visit on Sunday night.

The Chargers didn't allow Kiel to work with the squad last week or take part in Sunday's stunning 16-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Coach Marty Schottenheimer said he expects Kiel to start on Sunday.

"It was hard for me to watch,'' said Kiel, who has started 38 games for the Chargers since being drafted in 2003. "I wasn't out there, but I felt like I was out there mentally and physically with the team.

"I wish I was out there of course. I didn't want to be watching it on TV; I'd rather be playing it. But other than that I was there mentally with them."

Kiel's cohorts welcomed him back, which came as no surprise to the embattled defensive back.

"Teammates support you no matter what,'' he said. "They are like family, like your brothers."

Cornerback Quentin Jammer echoed those remarks.

"That's my brother,'' Jammer said of Kiel. "This is a family away from home because we spend so much time with these guys, they become family.

"You put your arm around him and you just let him know that everything will work itself out. God will find a way to work everything out, and he'll be OK.''

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Kiel back on field, sorry he missed game
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061005-9999-1s5chnotes.html

By Kevin Acee
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    October 5, 2006

Strong safety Terrence Kiel was back on the practice field yesterday, running with the first team and ready to move forward.

“I feel in so many ways that I owe my teammates an apology for missing the game,” he said. “That's something I can't get back.”
    Kiel missed Sunday's loss at Baltimore after he was arrested last week on suspicion of shipping codeine-based cough syrup to his home state of Texas. Kiel pleaded not guilty Tuesday to five felony charges.

“I was looking forward to playing Baltimore,” Kiel said. “ . . . I didn't want to miss that game, especially with both teams being undefeated and the defenses being (ranked) one and two.”

Kiel said he watched the game on television.

Clinton Hart started in Kiel's absence. The Chargers held the Ravens to 134 passing yards as they remained the league's No. 1 defense overall and against the pass. But Kiel has been solid in coverage this season and did not lose his starting job.

4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Sarcasm, yes?

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That one is innocent until proven guilty? Yes.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

Is "L" a real person and a real Charger fan??? He seems like Booman with a different user name to me.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :bolt:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    L or l = leisure

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty you nazi ?

9. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    am i wrong to say bfd about codiene? this is setting my huge charger bias aside its frickin codiene. i mean how many of you have injured yourself or ended up with pain from a weekend warrior activity and grabbed a bottle of pain killers from a previous injury. i know the laws the law but the law sucks in many ways. i dont look at keil as a drug dealer. whats next, the dea is going to alert us all how illegal pain killing meds support terrorism.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The dude could have been stocking up for after football when he needs it for all we know. :icon_shrug:

Nah...he was helping the poor.

Yeah that's the ticket.

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    True but since he admitted shipping them......all is left is to prove WHY. And just WHY would a football player be shipping 15 pints of cough syrup to Texas?

He must be proven guilty but imo it dont look good.

13. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I'll bet he was trying to supply an inner city hospital with medicine. He was just trying to help out some poor folks. :)

14. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Maybe an outbreak of the flu in texas. He was being generous and helping the sick out there.