1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Key to our first win ----- Philip

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Dec 31, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Let's face it, It will all come down to how well he plays. He will make or break us.

I'm behind him 100%.

Happy new year Boltheads!!

:abq1::abq2::abq1::abq2:

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Actually all the playoff games to the super bowl will come down to the chargers o-line and thier pass protection of Rivers. Give Rivers time and he'll eat you alive.. :yes:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It starts with the fat boys for all QB's, but especially guys like Rivers who scramble like eggs.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I've been a Rivers supporter since day one!!! :bolt:

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    :icon_eek:

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yup - this one will depend mostly on how our fat boys do against theirs, on both sides of the ball.

I think PR is going to have a good day because our OL is not going to let VDB & Fat Albert push them around like last time. :no:

Look for Chambers & Gates to have BIG days on offense, Merriman & Cro on defense. :yes:

7. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I have to be honest- our OL cannot get blown up for 3 quarters like it did in Nashville. They need to play the way they did in the 4th quarter for every down and own it. Fat Albert and KVB aren't unstopable, but our line made them look better than they are in that game. I hope the prep work helps our guys to not get owned for the first 3 quarters because we're going to want a lead early and we're going to need to play like it's our last down every single play!

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Only reason we moved the ball last in the 4th was because FVB ran out of gas. Our issue is still the lack of offensive adjustments to counteract a strong pass rush. Norv needs to pull his head out and go more no-huddle, shorter drops and slants, and call more running plays off the edge.

Norval is my main concern, more so than Rivers.

9. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    From what it has looked like the last few games, Turner is heading in that direction. The Lions, Broncos, and Raiders game all featured a very active short-passing game and the no huddle.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Can't agree...Rivers is not an elite QB at all, he can chew crap alive...Last season he was flirting w/greatness, this year with or without protection he has simply been good IMO.

I agree with the intitial post in this thread...We goes as PR goes.

TBF

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]

"I must break you!"

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I didn't say Rivers was an elite qb. But he can get the job done when he has protection in the passing game. And I agree with thread killa. Norv has to run plays to keep the other team off balance. Starting with no more runs up the gut on first down. Plus use the short quick passing game more. The pats are living off that this year and doing very well. The chargers were actually doing pretty well when they utilized the quick short passing game.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Anyone else iritated with all the talkign heads writing the Chargers off. They are already calling for the New England and Indy Championship.

They give the Bolts zero chance. Fine we will make our own chances!

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm having to guess the talking head media will chirp a new tune when the chargers win some games this playoff season. I hope the chargers do it this year just to hear the idiot media try and retract all the idiot stuff they've printed this year.

15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm not playing!

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Nope, I love it! I want them to all keep talking **** about us, and blowing the Patriots. Hopefully it will fire up the players, and we will shock the world!

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    very good point. The chargers really seem to step it up when people put them down.

18. NW Bolt Fan

NW Bolt Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    We win the game v. the titans with Volek OR Whitehurst at the helm. But I do agree that PR will take us as far as we go after that.

19. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I just hope the Patsies and the Ponies believe their press clippings. There is a bias against West Coast teams in general with the press. D.C. Village national press disses everything west of the Mississippi with the exception of McCain. Let the other teams eat this up and get fat, dumb and happy. Prolly won't happen, but if they go in over confident it can't hurt.

20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Philip can certainly contribute to a winning effort, but to say he will be the reason we lose is going a bit to far in a team sport.

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    did you go to the Conc school of reading threads? :lol::lol::lol:

I never said he will be the reason IF we lose.

:icon_huh:

He will be THE KEY to a WIN. He's play on that side of the ball will dictate the flow of the game. He needs to improve on his accuracy and decision making.

If he does we win

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The Key to our first win ----- Philip

This just seemed very open ended to me. A key has the ability to lock out as well as open. So it can go either way, Philip can also contribute to a loss.

23. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Defense and field position. :yes: :bolt:

24. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Scifres takes care of the latter.

25. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think that was the thread starter's point: If Philip plays well, we win. If he stinks it up, we don't.

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Taken directly from the Joe Namath school of indepth analysis..."I think if we score more points than the other team, we will win...." :icon_huh:

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Like I said, Philip can contribute to a win or loss but he wont be the sole reason for either. The thread starter said I didn't comprehend what he meant.

I ' l l t y p e i t s l o w e r f o r y o u . P h i l i p, w o n t be t h e o n l y r e a s o n w e w i n o r l o s e b u t h e ' l l c o n t r i b u t e t o t h e o u t c o m e e i t h e r w a y .

28. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Hey Hexed,

I wasn't trying to bag on you or or post

I was really trying to get a rise out of Conc but it didn't work!!

:lol::lol::lol:

anyways, my point really was that PR could and would be the key to a win more so than a loss. Lots of factors either way

:tup::tup:

29. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I'm drinking the Foobs well water as well... as the O-line goes, so does PR & LT... and of course we saw first hand the last game, the o-line played like chiat for 3.5 qtrs and like gold in the 4th & O/T.... they must control the LOS...

IIRC, LT has "issues" with wet/muddy turf, perhaps this game we use more MT... is he healthy... old fashioned smash-mouth football,...

edit: I noticed there's a Paul Lowe player card for sale for 50k bolt bucks - your donations are greatly appreciated...:yes::lol: