1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the last timeout

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Dec 21, 2009.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Cinn 4th down, 1:06 left in the game

watching on TV I was screaming for a timeout but 20 seconds went by and finally a Charger timeout, Norv argued and the refs put 10 seconds on the clock, still 10 seconds where lost, anybody at the game saw when Norv actually called for the timeout?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I was wondering what was taking so long for the TO as well.

All well, didn't hurt us in the end. :abq2:

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Yes I saw Norv call a timeout... But like you said, he was still 10 seconds late before he actually called it... It looked like he first went to the chain gang to call it... I was like, wrong dude Norv... It ended well, but once he saw they didn't get the first down and it was fourth down, he should have called that final TO at 1:06 left.

4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Acee claims via twitter that Norv called the timeout... then saw the clock was still running and went and yelled at the ref who then finally acknowledge his request. So according to Norv his initial request was not heard. Unfortunate... we we need to make damn sure they hear our requests in the future. Earlier in the year we got burned when a player claimed that he reported as eligible but the ref didn't announce it.

Keep your heads screwed on, guys.

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I was watching Norv right away... He called a time out (didn't get it), but it was 10 seconds after the play ended... Both Norv and Refs screwed up.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    thanks for the responses

can you imagine the fallout (here) if those 10 extra seconds lost DID cost the Chargers? :icon_eek:

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Makeup call by the refs with the slightly off position LT on a QB spike.