1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of No Rings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Showmeyourbolt, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Link

[​IMG]

:clap::clap::clap:

I'd love to hear some answers from the architect, the puppet master, AJ Smiff. It's too early to classify this as a sinking ship, but if it is going down like a football version of The Titanic, than Smiff will be going down with it. This is his team, he made it abundantly clear after the 06 season, and he won't be passing the buck on to someone else any more.

[​IMG]

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Really? An article bashing Smith for not winning rings and complaining about Marty being fired. Good one. Thanks for the laughs.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Three years of this team being strictly AJ's and the team is getting worse. Maybe Mr. Tough Guy ought to go look for the "gleam."

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Whatever he does do not go back to that spoofer. That's one thing I am glad about that he is gone.

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    It doesn't matter that it was AJ's team. The point of the article is to bash AJ for not winning a ring, yet in the very same article he complained about Marty getting fired who also has never won a ring, **** it's not even like Marty has gotten farther than AJ either. Neither (if you exclude AJ as asst GM at Buff) have gotten to the SB. AJ even has a better playoff record.

Marty's playoff record: 5-13 (.278)
    AJ's playoff record: 3-4 (.429) and that includes Marty's 2 losses, if it didn't he'd be 3-2 (.600)

6. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    This may be a pessimistic view, but it isn't stating anything false. We have been demanding beef in the drafts for years... where is it? We have been concerned about Jamal for years... who was his back up? We all saw what Pittsburgh did to us in the playoffs last year... what did we do (other than injury recovery) to be prepared for them this year?

I think criticism of AJ at this point is very warranted. He said himself last off season that he hasn't done a good enough job... well it sure doesn't seem any better right now.

Now, the season isn't over and this article could be proven wrong with 10 or more wins, but at this moment this prediction is as valid and supported by evidence as any.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    My response to the author:

Hi Jay,

First time I remember reading one of your articles. I think it is a good read and while it is on the negative/pessimistic side, it isn't unreasonable. AJ himself, to his credit, stated back in February that he hasn't done a good enough job. Unfortunately, he didn't change his formula at all to fix that.

Now, I hope the team can win 10 or more games this year and show they have enough to compete in the playoffs. I feel there is evidence to say they can/will. However, there is currently equal evidence (much of which you stated very well) that they won't. Too bad we have to wait two weeks with more of the sour facts in our mouth than the sweet.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    though it is excessively mocking and again i'd back smith over schotty, there's partial truth in it. We haven't bothered with free agency for years when we could have used it to repair our holes, we've been drafting poorly for a few years now (though this year seems to be better), and I've said it before, somehow Turner got the call when Ryan and Singletary didn't.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    If we had a good defense, then the fire Norv talk would not be uttered at all. We would have been 13-3, and 12-4 in Norv's first 2 years as HC if our defense was better.

4-0 this year so far. :yes:

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156