1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The LT for MVP thread!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ladies and Gentlemen. It will take some sort of catastrophic event to keep LT from setting several new records this year. That said, this thread is for providing your thoughts, well wishes and articles in support of the leagues hands down Most Valuable Player!

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Since the definition of MVP is the player that means the most to his team, I think it is without question LaDanian. Honestly, during the four-game stretch without Shawne, #21 is the one that put the team on his back and willed us to victories. As much as this plays into the Bronco/Chief/Raider smack talkers, without LT, the Chargers are a much less powerful team.

I think the same argument can be made for Peyton. I believe that without Manning, the Colts are an 8-8 ball club.

Obviously, history has favored the quarterbacks with this award, but this year it should be no contest. LaDanian is the MVP.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree with your post. But I think LT just means more to our team than Manning means to his this year. But that could be the homer in me...

4. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I was called a hopeless dreamer when i drafted lt in the fourth round of ff in 01. Truth is LT has been in many of my dreams the last 6 years. MVP no question, it's so little a question i'd rather not argue it. I would however argue him for best player in the history of the nfl if anyone wanted to. stats/year are there, determination is there all the intangibles, human highlight reel, unselfishness, vision power speed, strenght, stiffarm, high step, spin move, route running, pass catching, i was pretty much insulted when jim brown compared him to marcus allen, and thats saying alot.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I say LT should be the MVP but a strong case will be made for Brees :icon_shrug:

6. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9857495

There's no need to argue. LT is the MVP. It's really just that simple. Anything else is just arguing to argue:icon_shrug:

7. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    this is tru

8. The Admiral

The Admiral BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    The foundation is being set with all the advertising pub LT is getting

LT breaks the rushing td record then the MVP will be his