1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Marcus McNeill Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by in_a_days, Sep 23, 2008.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    What a difference a 6'7" monster makes out there on the edge. Phil had just enough time to get it done last night and I think the big man being back had a lot to do with that. Stay healthy. :bolt:

[​IMG]

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The Marcus McNeill Appreciation thread.

Agreed! Philip had much better protection this game and it showed.

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    The Marcus McNeill Appreciation thread.

so glad to have the big kid back:tup:

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    BIG PROPS!

And, when Hardwick gets back there's no stopping us

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

5. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33

Marry him... Wheres my MD?

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    [​IMG]

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, not to knock Shelton, but there's a big difference between the starter & backup at LT. Mac played well & seemed to have good stamina, something that concerned me.

Glad to see him back. :tup:

8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
  9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We'll get Hardwick back soon, which makes Newberry even more depth for our line in addition to LJ, since he can also play guard. LT's toe is getting better and with Hardwick back, he and Sproles and Tolbert will be even more effective. With Jyles Tucker apparently learning the ropes, the defense will improve more when we get Coop back. The fly in the ointment is spotting two games to Denver, courtesy of Hochuli. We are actually in a deeper hole than last season. We had some great offense, but the ST's and flashes of some of the same old problems on defense took some of the shine off this for me, but a win is a win, especially scoring this many points. Cromartie has to become more consistent and not take bonehead penalties. New England might be wounded, but the rest of our schedule doesn't look as win friendly as it did a month ago. Buffalo is tougher than I expected. At a minimum we have to sweep the rest of division games or we be fighting for a wild card.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All I have to say is thankgod mcneil healed. And keep wearing that neck brace from here on.

From all I've read mcneil worked all off season and this training camp to improve his blocking. He just never got a chance to show it cause he was hurt. Looks like he is getting better. Kids a player. God bless ya mcneil. Clarey did well as well.

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    was thrilled to see him back and seemingly in pretty good condition:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Much better with him out there and Hardwick will be back soon hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This Sunday!! :)

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    probably will be back for the Dolphins game, I don't think he'll play during the Raider game. Just to be safe

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    No doubt about it great to see Big Mac back. He showed some signs of rustiness to me but that is to be expected. All that being said I thought Shelton played real well for effectively a cast off. Nice pick up there, bringing in an experienced vet with some gas in the tank who can come in when required.

Also, great to here that Nick might come back against the Raiders. Again the more healthy we are the better. :tup:

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    From the WilheOlivia article

:lol: