1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The MMA Thread

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by in_a_days, Oct 4, 2008.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49

anderson silva is a big conspracy. he has goons working for him behind the scenes. This guy would get his arse kicked by GSP any day of the week. F vanderlei

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hmm... can you elaborate on that? Like what exactly did Anderon's "goons" do to Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin (x2)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    looking back i dont really remember posting that, maybe i was a little tipsy. but to continue on silva, the muay thai clinch has to be one of the most overrated grapples ever. imo people who lose to this are terrible defenders, unlike GSP. hes too quick and smart to just be held and take knees in the face over and over. i think at this point knees and kicks are all silva has left. no way he stands up and boxes GSP. no way he takes him down either.

oh yea the goons behind the scenes are probably the bookies that said to quinton jackson, hey completely destroy silva until he magically gets you in a clinch then take the fall. and they paid him off. or something. i need to watch that fight again to be completely sure

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    FREE ON SPIKE TV

[​IMG]

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Seriously UFC 95 is barely registering a blip on my radar. I don't think this is going to be a terribly exciting card. :no:

I think the favorites are going to dominate across the board and I'm not really sure what the draw is supposed to be. But keeping in mind that it's free I suppose I should just appreciate what they're giving us. :lol:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    UFC 95 was kind of a yawner...

Dan Hardy was the highlight IMO. I had never seen the guy fight before and I was both impressed and entertained. I'd love to see this guy get some more attention and action.

Michael Bisping is like the UKs current claim to fame in the UFC and I absolutely can't stand the guy. I don't like his attitude but more importantly his fights are like watching paint dry. If I want to watch a guy counter-punch and evade all night I'll watch Floyd Mayweather. I'd love to see more spotlight on Hardy and less on Bisping.

Other than that I thought it was all very predictable and lackluster... probably why it was free. :lol:

7. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    my mistake i was confusing anderson with vanderlei silva. i was trying to bash vanderlei. hes the one with goons. anderson is retired right, i dont think hed come back to fight a bigger guy like gsp. vanderlei vs gsp would be better i think

ps that sanchez stevenson fight was pretty good, toe to toe action throughout very entertaining

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I've never heard that about Vanderlai, but the guy is ugly as ****, that's for sure. :lol:

But actually Anderson Silva is arguably the best pound for pound fighter on the planet right now. Only other guy in the discussion is Fedor, but they're totally different weight classes and body types so it's not like you could put them in the ring together. But he's definitely not retired, he's got a fight coming up soon...

UFC 97: Redemption
    Anderson Silva v Thales Leites
    April 18, 2009

:icon_banana:

Also on this card will be Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua. Liddell has lost 3 out of his last 4 fights and is a little past his prime, but the guy is still a draw. Truth be told this fight might be kind of a snoozer. Rua is an excellent fighter, but he's kind of regarded as a counter-puncher and has a reputation for not putting on the most exciting performances (though his last win was a very cool buzzer-beating knock out). Liddell is also a counter-puncher so these guys might stare at each other much more than swing, but we'll see.

BTW Sanchez v Stevenson wasn't awful, but it wasn't close either; judges scores were (30-27, 30-27, 29-28). But still not bad for a free fight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(one of his two dismantlings of Rich Franklin)

[​IMG]

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Just for fun...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  11. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 New Member

Ratings:
    +50

Anderson's a fukin machine!

Sick knee and elbow strikes

12. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 New Member

Ratings:
    +50
    NICE! :tup:

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    UFC 96 is coming up this weekend. This main event should be a fuggin' slugfest. Rampage and Jardine both throw bricks and both like to stand in and exchange. Jardine beat Forrest Griffin, who beat Jackson for the Light Heavyweight belt. But Jackson is widely regarded as the superior fighter. His last fight was a win over future HOFer Wanderlei Silva. And his last two fighters before the Griffin loss were wins over Chuck Lidell and Dan Henderson.

Jardine has really been an interesting role player in the UFC. He's got a kinda funky style and hits really really hard. He's not the most technically sound fighter on the planet, but he has made a career out of catching guys that were supposed to beat him. Jardine was really kinda treated like a scrub for a long time... While Lidell was cashing half a mil a fight Jardine was clearing about 10K. Ironically, Jardine was picked to face Chuck Lidell when they were trying to build the Iceman back up and Jardine won by split decision.

These guys are both reckless and I'll be surprised if this fight ends in anything other than a KO.

Couple other notable fights on the card...

Heavyweight bout: Shane Carwin vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Gonzaga is a ****ing monster; really really fun fighter to watch.

Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Mark Munoz

Hamill was the deaf guy on one of The Ultimate Fighters seasons. Olympic caliber wrestler.

Lightweight bout: Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller

Maynard is a badass and shares his name with the lead singer of the band Tool... Go Maynard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    not a bad card all around, the main event kinda lacked in action but those two guys were both well prepared. jackson vs evans should be a classic when it happens. one thing that really bothered me was the one welterweight that looked like a computer geek and was complaining about a sinus infection after the fight, even though he won. he wasnt joking either. the guy was either really funny or really dumb. or just a *****

16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  17. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    guys anderson vs forrest aug 8, ufc 101 main event with the penn/florian fight. should be good

18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

:tup:

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Lyoto Machida has arrived. Finally, a champ that's going to be able to actually defend the title.

20. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +214
    I'm so stoked man. I've been a huge fan of Machida since I saw him break into the UFC. With his awesome unique karate style I always knew he'd be a serious contender for the title. Like Anderson Silva, I think Lyoto will have the belt for a while! :tup:

21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  23. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
  24. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    why did fedor sign with strikeforce. fedor vs overeem? fedor should be defending every belt he has every fight from her on