1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The moment I knew the season was over

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I had a pretty good idea we were done already, but my glass is always half full. I thought maybe we'd pull off a win, pull our heads out of our as_es, and make a run. But then I realized it was over.

With about a minute and a half left in the 2nd quarter another drive stalls. Right then I knew the game was over, and by extension the season.

I KNEW with every fiber of my being that the Broncos would walk right down the field and get a field goal, and probably a touchdown. Then they would get the ball to start the 2nd half. So what happens? We give up the big return all but ensuring that they would get into field goal range. Son of a b_tch if we didn't force a fumble to bail ourselves out, but Tommie Harris decides to try to be a hero. He could have easily fallen on the ball, but no. Since the most important thing in the modern NFL is to try to get on ESPN, or have something to tweet about later, he tries to pick up the ball and run instead of just falling on it and securing possession. He fails, two plays later Denver is in the end zone. Game. Set. Match.

It was academic from there. I KNEW this team would screw the pooch the second half, and they made sure I was right.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I'm sure you thought they wouldn't make a run at 4-8 in 2008 as well. I was at least and well........

3. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I knew the season was over when Rex called out Norv... and NORV STILL LOST.... actually that officially ends NT HC career.

4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I don’t think it’s over for us just yet, but we’re definitely on life support –we would need to run the table at this point to even have a chance, and that still might not be good enough unless both Oakland & Denver stumble. With games against Baltimore & at Detroit pending, (not to mention at Oakland in Week 17) I just don’t see us winning the rest of our games. We may make it close and even finish 8-8, but that’s about it and hopefully, we’ll shed ourselves of Norv after this season and bring in a coach with some passion, one who can instill some much needed discipline, and will at least occasionally practice the 2-minute drill!

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    The optimism... run the table!?. are u having a laugh. the only thing needing running here is Norv and AJ right outta town.

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Didn't we call December by another name in the past, something like Norvember? Hope springs eternal.

7. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I knew it was over when the quiet man, Darren Sproles, called the Charger team soft after he left. I knew that if the normally quiet and mild mannered #43 was saying crap about Norv and the team that it must be true. I got really pissed when he sid it- but in the darkest part of my heart I knew he was right.

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I have never seen Philip getting so animated and jawing at people, especially his own guys in a long time. Yesterday, he was pointing fingers, trying to get them to realize that they had jobs to do, block some people, go run a route correctly, etc. You could see the frustration on his face when he came to the sideline. And the sad part is, he would walk down the sideline to try and find the coach, say one or two words, then the coach or he would walk away. No soul searching, no getting together for 5 minutes to talk about a strategy, no chastising or browbeating from the HC, no more than a head nod and more like Norv didn't want to hear what Philip had to say.

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I knew it was over when it was too much to ask of philip to kneel the ball for the game winning field goal against the chiefs.

10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I threw the towel in after the week 3 win at home against Kansas City.
    Sure, we were 2-1 after 3 weeks, but I could tell that this was the weakest
    Charger team I've seen in a long while.
    Norv was playing limp-wrist ball and nothing has changed since. All his
    talk and repetition of his catchphrase, "It's fixable" wasn't enough to make
    me believe in him or this team.
    No magic. No playoffs. No Norv next year.:)

11. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I knew it was over when the Pee Break seen 'round the world was shown on every friggin' online sports news source this morning. What a classy move........and what an apt commentary on the 2011 season. :poop:

12. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Dude, there were two minutes left and the Chiefs had at least one timeout. They couldn't kneel.

13. AlphaB°lt

AlphaB°lt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    The moment I knew the season was over...

When Norv picked the first play of the season in Week 1.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The season isn't over yet, but, I can see the end from here.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    The season isn't over, but it is last call at the bar

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There is a light at the end of the tunel!

Undortuanately it is accompanied by a train whistle....