1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Most Beautiful "HATE" Article Ever!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Apr 22, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I know this isn't really Chargers related but most of us have no love for the Colts either. Not to mention that any hate for the Raiders is always welcome!! :yes:

Good read too!!!

Colts Are Real Haters

[​IMG]

The Hater Nation has a lot of respect for the Colts. The Baltimore Colts. Former players like Johnny Unitas, Lenny Moore and Tom Matte wrote off the organization when it bailed on Baltimore.

Like they should have.

They didn't suck up to Robert Irsay, playing the victim to his folly, the way some members of the Los Angeles Rams did to Georgia Frontandrearie. (Not to throw anybody under the bus, but looking at you Jackie Slater and Jack Youngblood.) Colts players were as pissed as the fans when the team moved to Indianapolis. So much so that Matte is the Ravens' radio color guy and there is a statue of Unitas outside of the Raven Stadium.

The hate runs so deep that Johnny Unitas Jr. is suing the team for producing a series of license plates with the numbers of Unitas, Moore, Raymond Berry and Gino Marchetti. Moore is even thinking of joining the lawsuit. :tup:

Damn you really have to respect that hate. And some of you former LA Rams should take note. The teams belong to their cities. Except for the Raiders. Oakland can have the entire legacy of the Los Angeles Raiders.

thehaternation.blogspot.com

That heritage does NOT belong to Indianapolis!!!!!!
    Way to go Unitas Jr.!!! Your old man is proud of you (Bless His Heart!!!) :tup:
    Props to Moore for joining the fight!!!
    :tup:

2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    This whole thing seems totally disingenuous to me.

So they are acting like the Ravens team is the "real" Baltimore team, and they support it in favor of a team that bolted on its fans?

Excuse me, but aren't the Ravens the same Browns team that bolted on their fans in Cleveland? And you're going to oppose teams leaving their cities and their fans by supporting a team that did just that exact thing? Please.

I feel for the Baltimore AND Cleveland fans who had their teams bolt on them. But to be that rabid about hating the Colts, and show it by loving the Ravens, is just silly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    First off, you left out a HUGE factor.
    Cleveland has EVERYTHING back.
    Their Name
    Their Colors
    Their Heritage
    Their History
    You name it.
    There is absolutely NOTHING in Baltimore that has anything to do with the Cleveland Browns.

EVERYTHING having to do with the Baltimore Colts is now in Indianapolis. Including Johnny Unitas's records and the 1970 Super Bowl title.

So we have a four year absence of Browns football in Cleveland vs. completely stripped NFL frachise from Baltimore that went on for fourteen years until a new one came along.
    NOT THE SAME THING!!!

Another difference...
    One was offered a new stadium but said it wasn't necessary as he ripped Al apart on public TV for moving the Raiders.
    Then moved the team out at 11:00pm during a blizzard.

The other played in a **** hole stadium as the Indians new ball park, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and the Science Museum were built next door. Each time he asked about a new stadium, he was pushed aside.

Bottom Line... Browns are in Cleveland.
    They are not the Baltimore Browns.

4. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I get what you're saying, and I recognize there are differences.

But since you mention it, it seems like the Browns' situation was somewhat similar to what the Chargers are going through now. They are trying to get a new stadium, and keep getting turned down by their city, while the local baseball team gets a brand-spanking new stadium in the middle of downtown. What if Spanos decided enough was enough, moved the team to San Antonio, and then won a Super Bowl a few years later? Maybe they wouldn't do it under the name "Chargers", but they would do it with LT, Rivers, Gates, Merriman, Cromartie, etc.

I don't know about you, but if that happened, I'd feel angry and betrayed.

You made a good point that teams belong to their cities and their fans. Whatever the circumstances, the fans have a right to be mad if their team bolts on them.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But that didn't happen.
    Ray Lewis was never a Brown. Neither was Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, Rod Woodson, Jonathan Ogden. Trent Dilfer, Shannon Sharp, Tony Siragusa, Michael McCrary, Chris McAlister, Brandon Stokley, Sam Adams.
    Come to think of it, I don't think any of the starting roster were former Browns.

6. shacky

shacky BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Who exactly would you be angry with, the Chargers or the city of San Diego?

I wouldn't blame the Chargers one bit if they decide to leave based on the way the city is treating them.

7. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...This is at least the second recent reference made about San Antonio being one of the possible destinations should the Bolts depart. Personally I'd only settle for the the SoCal area or maybe Las Vegas. If they were to move to Texas...those cowpies can have them and I'll wait for another SoCal team. That is the smuggest, we're better than you state that I've ever been exposed to.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I would be angry with the city but I don't see anybody moving to San Antonio.

Bills want a new stadium but their fan support is massive in that entire region (including Canada.) They wouldn't have that in San Antonio.

Chargers are getting there too. Their fan support in Mexico has always be big but is now huge and is growing through out the entire Southern California region.

It appears to me that as tourism in New Orleans continues to pick up, NFL will try to contribute to keeping the Saints there.
    Super Bowls in New Orleans is a major win/win for NFL and the city!!!

Vikings have their region and moving to San Antonio will NOT benefit the organization.

Bottom Line... ALL teams are better where they are now than in San Antonio despite of their stadium situation.
    Nobody wants to stand in the Cowboys shadow or even the Texans. Hell, they'd be standing in the Long Horns shadow!!!