1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Murph?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    so how was it this year? Just curious to Bolts to Raider fans ratio... :bolt: couldnt tell on TV... but with our sucess last year, should be more Bolts fans! :bolt: :flag:

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I'd say there was about 90% Charger fans in the stadium.

3. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Probably 70% Charger fans. No way was it 90%....sorry.

I personally didn't see any fighting, but I hear there were some. It's been much better the last few years. But what a pack of jackass fans those people are. They come in and just start acting like a-holes from the get-go. But the Chargers shut them up pretty quick with two TDs in the first 9 minutes. The only thing they really had to cheer about was Rivers' boneheaded pass that went back the other way.

Sure is nice to walk out of the stadium and not have to hear that human scum mouthing off.

8 and counting.

4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    We had the edge but there were a lot of Raider fans.. A lot of trash talking before the game and a lot of moping afterwards.

My wife said it perfectly .. "All dressed up and nowhere to go?" Classic.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    More like, "All dressed up and going nowhere." :abq2:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'd say 75%-80% Chargers, 20%-25% Turds.

Before the game, it was typical Raiders fan boasting for a solid 5 hours. It was a surprisingly mellow crowd DURING the game. After the game it seemed very serene in SD, a huge sigh of relief from the Charger fans, and nothing from the Raider fans. It was a good time all day.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    It took me almost an hour to find a parking spot. I normally get there about 9:15 - 9:30 time frame.The Raider fans put up chairs to block entire rows of parking spots. The one group of people that I work with, and tail gate with. I couldnt find them, and they have parked in the same area for 2 years now.

8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I saw that a lot as well .. I was wondering where all the extra security was because usually they are on people about reserving those parking spaces.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I think it's all really perspective on the ratio...

First, I left Temecula at the same time I always do...8:30. We stopped at the Mira Mesa Park and Ride to pick up a fellow tailgator and we didn't park until after 11:00 am...We sat on I-15 for what seemed FOOOOOOOOREVER...The only parking they allowed us to shut down at was on the old practice field. Great place to tailgate w/grass and all, but it was a long way away from the field. They only let about 20 cars after us in...

As far as the ratio...My section was easlily 90% Bolt Fans...And, those Raider fans appeared to come in combo deals w/Charger fans. I'd say that most were very cool...Talked a bit of crap, but nothing bad.

As we walked up to the stadium from our tailgate spot (may have been closer to the ocean then to the Murph), you could see tons of parties and most huge parties were multi team organized...I saw one fight via binoculars where it appeared some Charger chick was getting ballsy with a Raider dude...Then Charger chicks significant other had to get involved...Other then that it appeared mellow...I had a friend that worked it on the Law side and he said there were "some" problems but nothing major.

BTW...We should have put that damn team away. Regardless of the coach, we still have a difficult time finding the opponents throat early in the game.

TBF

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Next time it would be sweet just to drive over their chairs.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    A couple of times I thought about.

And yet, how many times have the cops told us our shade top extends 6" into the next parking spot?

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The hostile tension is definetly back.

It seemed to cool down over the last two seasons but it was in full force yesterday!!!

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm going on record and saying less than half the Raider fans in the parking lot had actual tickets.

I met up w/ some of my friends from Imperial that were parked a few rows away from the Bolttalk tailgater (thanx 4 the jager p88f), and we saw a few Charger fans in their cars YELLING at the Riader fans to move all the **** they had in the 3 ajacent parking spots. RF had 2 tables, 5 chairs, a stereo, and some other **** taking up 3 more spots. I mean, c'mon, move your ****. I can see using the spot of maybe 1 extra space, but 3?

14. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    There was a sizeable brawl in the tunnel to our seats (LV 41) that involved about 6-8 people and lasted for some time. There just didn't happen to be any security nearby. Otherwise, it was pretty standard convict-fare.

Fat chicks in black, and even fatter dudes in black and silver.

The important thing is at the end, this is all you saw:

[​IMG]

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Thats because they came in here in 1st place atop the AFC West. They had the NFL's best rushing Offense. They had something to chear about. They were someone,

NOW..................

They are no one!