1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The nfl refs need tighter scrutiny.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Jan 16, 2008.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Anyone catch the head of reffing's so very lame excuse for the hold by weddle on the run back by cromartie. He said that wasn't a hold to say but that number 29 looked like he might have held at the start of the return. What the frack is that all about. Basically the weasel refs department after searching through much film found some chance of a hold. What a crock of craap. The reffing in the nfl needs alot more tighter scrutiny.

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We will be playing the refs as well as the Pats. That much is obvious. Sent a letter to the commish to that effect. refereeing in the NFl is the NBA waiting to happen. The only reason it hasn't is because it's so much harder to catch in football.

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I agree. The fans owners, players union have to nip this in the bud. There is definetly something wrong going on with some very bad possibly game changing plays that are flagged wrongly. The refs aren't perfect. But there needs to be some kind of review of all called penaltys.

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Patriots must die this sunday. The world is tired of them getting away with the bullsheet they've done the last couple of years. Why don't the refs call holding on their flagrantly holding o-line this year. Or the cheap shots and holding by their d-backs. Or all the video cheating. Its just bullsheet nfl. Patriots need to die bad this sunday to save some credibility to the nfl.

Will someone go tell the refs at thier hotel in patsville that we are tired of no calls on the pats 0-line holding. Their d-backs cheap shots and holding with no penaltys. What the frack are you refs out here for. To make sure the pats win. Thats just bullcraap. And then kick them in the nuts to remind them we mean buisness.

5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    From what I understand the NFL does scrutinize the performance of the officials very carefully. But it all tends to be in meetings WAY after the fact when the harm has already been done. In that you cannot legislate against human error... my suggestion would be to incorporate into the standard set of officials we have now a permanent "video judge" who could throw flags or pick one up. This would not only help to prevent unjust calls... it could also streamline the current review process.

ps... some more thought in using electronic systems to more accurately spot the ball after tackles should be considered as well.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The league doesn't want the Chargers in the Super Bowl as it can market the game as if it were against two star QBs if it's aPatriots vs. Packers game.

It's all about marketing and the refs know this. Imagine the possiblitlies of their marketing campain if they get the matchup they want?

7. Tai Mai Shu

Tai Mai Shu BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Setting up for excuses I see.

8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    NO excuses. JUst fair play. Were tired of the bullcrapp that goes on with the pats cheating. Very tired of it. They need a very good beating. The world is tired of the pats ashwipe arrogant cheating. Pats must die this sunday.:yes:

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think with the video tape that everyones seen even just after the play happened might prove otherwise that the reffing is fair or not fair in the nfl. The supposed weddle hold. The supposed hart interference. Total bull craap. :yes:

There is the idea that some games are kind of fixed. And last weeks game at the colts kind of points that way. Come on nfl. Clean up your act. Your loosing credibilty.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

And the pass interference call against Weddle when he didn't even touch the receiver. Did you notice the look on the ref's face. He couldn't believe himself the he threw that flag.

Then that last play of the game when the Ponies receiver dropped the pass when there was nobody within five yards of him. Did you notice he was looking for a flag?

Refs should play fair but they won't!!!
    It was quite obvious that they were trying to help the Ponies and the Ponies expected them to come through!!!

It won't be any different in NE this Sunday either!!!
    NFL doesn't want us in the Super Bowl. Plain and simple!!!

They wanted it this way...

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
    Patsies over Ponies

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
    Cowgirls over Packers

SUPER BOWL
    Patsies over Cowgirls

WE HAVE TWO MORE PARTIES TO CRASH!!!! :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

11. BayAreaCharger

BayAreaCharger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109
    What will the Pats excuses be I wonder?

12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    But they would also not want their sport to degenerate to the level of professional wrestling which would cause them severe losses in marketing in the long term.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    some folks have to go up to the refs in patsville at thier hotel and explain to them that they don't want them to miss the pats o-line holding this game. OR the pats d-backs holding and grabbing and cheap shots. And to press the point with a knee to the refs in the nuts to get the point across.:yes:

Were all tired of these bullsheet hometown ref calls that are so biased. Total bullsheet.

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Foob,

You can say **** on this site. And don't be afraid to take your meds. :icon_rofl:

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm acutally holding back. Should I have been more aggressive.:tup:

I just want a fair game for once. God bless the chargers that they have so much talent that they could over come the fixed game in indy. Just pizzes me off that this kind of stuff still happens. The nfl has to get on top of it or they will loose credibility.:yes:

16. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Oh yeah. You got that right.

The reffing in Sunday's game was total BS. If the Chargers hadn't stepped up their game, it could've end the season. It'll be even tougher this Sunday. They're going to do what they can to get their "epic" QB Super Bowl.

Some else said the NFL is the NBA waiting to happen. Indeed it is.

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    This is my unique spin here:

I think that the NFL wanted the Manning against Manning to see what Manning is the best Manning out of both of the Manning's.

The endorsements would just roll over on themselves.

That is my conspiracy theory.

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    We beat the Colts despite the effing reffing. If I wanted to monger excuses I'd be shedding tears over how banged up we are. Not gonna happen. It'll make the win all that much sweeter when we limp through the shaking of hands victory ritual. We'll see how much grit Brady has after he get his wienie knocked in the dirt a few times.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Calls don't have to be blatantly off base to be a factor. Too many times I've heard that holding could be called on any given play. Plenty of calls are also in the grey area. Calls not made are just as much a factor in game swing. One thing that has intrigued me is just exactly why Harrison quit drawing enough flags to decorate a Christmas after he went to the Pats. I'm sure he didn't become a different player or soften his brand of play.

20. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    It coming Poulin has complained about the officiating during the game specifically several missed delay of game calls not called on the Bolts. :icon_eek:

21. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    They were called for more than one. I would have expected the announcers to call this. They watch the play clock even more closely than the refs, and the announcers were, as are most, better disposed to the Colts than the Chargers.

22. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    At the end of the day, we were the better team. There is not a better team in the NFL right now, today. PPG and PPG Allowed plus the turn over margin, we are #1, over the last eight games.

We will win and we will have a Lombardi. :abq2:

23. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    This bothers me because it is essentially saying that blowing the call was ok because they missed another foul on the same play while because of video replay a "make-up" penalty can be found on just about every play of every game. Either the play was called correctly or it was not, justifying it after the fact with another ticky-tack holding non-call is weak, disingenuinous and dangerous.

24. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree. Every Colts game, the Colts are favored by the refs. But that is what the GM of the Colts told the their local radio station.

And he heads the committee that hires and fires refs.