1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the nfl should jump on the titans big time for thier dirty play

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Dec 10, 2007.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The titans organization should be jumped on big time for the dirty play they exhibited during the game. Purposefully head hunting. Come on nfl do something about it.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    When there is a pile and dudes are punching each other in the balls, gouging eyeballs out, biting chunks of flesh off the human body is all acceptable so long as you do not get caught.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. :)

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Comon Foobs...We were guilty as hell as well...That was a both ways fight from my seats. Like I mentioend earlier...I thought the refs had a bunch on good non calls both ways.

TBF

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Titans did not play dirty. They played mean, just like we did. Lets not start picking sour grapes...

5. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Are you so sure?

Hey, it was rumored the Titans players were targeting Merrimans knees and the word got out in retaliation for his minor pop when VY ran into him.

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    anyone have video of this yet? im still waiting to see the play cause merriman and mccree said it was about as dirty as it gets

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I keep hearing it from everyone. THat the refs did a horrible job in this game. I'm just short of saying they purposely did a lousy job in this game. Its like they were paid to look the other way. I'm so pizzed at them now. Wheres my baseball bat.

The nfl just to be fair should come out with a memo saying that head hunting and cheap shots are fine now. Go ahead and do it.

The titans are a very very dirty team. If thats the way they want to play I'm sure we can play the same way.. ANd if the refs will look the other way then fair is fair. Say good bye to your players titans fans.

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    the way the titans played football should be the way every single team plays football, every single game. they played like men and I am proud of them. vandenbosch is a top 5 DE in the league he is a real man and his play sums up how the whole team played. nasty azz linemen, headhunting linebackers, dbs and WRs mixing it up...... this game was a tribute to the glory days of the NFL which are long gone. bravo for their effort i was extremely entertained and they should be proud.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I have to agree with you there. They played hard on defense every play up till the middle of the 4th.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Rumors? From peeved fans?:lol:

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I thinks that's cramps Van,.....................................................menstrual cramps:lol:

be interesting to see how the league sorts stuff out and where fines land:icon_shrug:i'm just F-ing glad we won!

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    MERRIMAN CLAIMS FISHER ORDERED A "HIT"

Lets face it. If and it looks like they did. IF the titans targeted merriman to take him out then head hunting is alive and well in the nfl. Should it be allowed. If it is I wish the nfl would tell us so we can set up plays to take out opposing teams players as well.

The titans didn't just whack meriman they whacked rivers with a dirty knee clip with no ref call as well. And took out jamall as well with the same thing.

The nfl better nut up here of their credibility is sheet.

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Why would the refs be looking at Rivers when he was taken out, the flow of play was opposite him...I wouldn't expect a ref to see this type of violation...So many players, not many refs. This IMO is the same reason Merriman didn't get called on the his to VY.

If it can be proved that a hit was ordered (Doubtful) then I may change my mind...Again, from my seats this was brutally tough on both sides for 60 minutes.

14. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't think this is the play that Merriman got hurt on, but it was definetely an attempt to **** him up. It was also illegal motion.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpfzBZe8EII&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpfzBZe8EII&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    that's like a weird *** Arena League play

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Say hello to what is known as the "iso wham block". :yes:

Drew Brees and LT and LoNeal all conspired to jack a player up if a certain formation presented itself. They pulled it off and even joked about it.

17. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It's hilarious hearing ESPN talking about that play in the clip. It's not the play where Merriman got hurt, but ESPN thinks that it is. Anyways, I do have a problem with the above play. Even though Merriman wasn't injured, it was illegal motion that was intentionally designed to hurt o injure a player. Bullshit IMO. The problem that I have with the NFL, is that they would suspend a player/coach for running the above play on Tom Brady, and yet they laugh when it happens to a defensive player. The play where Merriman was injured involved dirty *** Mawae, and that ****in neanderthal Stewart, who had some burr up his *** all day long.

BTW, HERE is the play in question. Near the end of the video, Merriman was out of the play, and gets taken out by two those two *****es.

18. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Nope, the Titans did play dirty. A Charger player told us after the game that the Titans took a lot of cheapshots. They are headhunters, period.

Here is Haynesworth at his best (from last year)
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CwxMRPTsYeo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CwxMRPTsYeo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I sit corrected. That is a shame, I had respected Jeff Fisher...

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I can buy into this until they team up on a guys knees. That's like Tyson biting off a piece of Evander's ear. Whack somebody into next week, that's the game, but when comes to deliberate attempts to end someone's season, there I draw the line. Even if it's a Raiduh.

21. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    What should we expect from tennesee trailer trash!!! haynesworth is scum

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Even though Fat Albert used the Cowboys linemans (Andre Gourde) head as a trampoline with his cleats, would you take him on your team next to Jamal?

I would.

23. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    For the first time tonight, you made sense. :icon_tease:
    I'd take him in a heart beat.

24. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Sure was illegal motion as he was going foward before the snap. Was a penalty called on that play?

25. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    So what your saying is..... If any Lion player showboats against the Chargers on Sunday, It's OK for a Charger to take a cheap shot at him? :icon_huh:

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I would.

For instance, if someone disses our logo, I think the fans should put up a bounty.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I saw the video that showed the cheap shot, but I could make head or tails of who is who or where the cheap shot was.:icon_shrug: