1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The OFFICIAL 3rd Annual leisureworld Draft Spectacular

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MtlBoltsFan, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I sent them a really nice PM giving my reasons for wanting the Mock Draft done on a Podcast.

I also suggested the option of pre recording this Mock Draft if they felt it might be too cumbersome to do it LIVE....

It will take some time and organization to pull this off on a weekly podcast.... IF ANYONE CAN DO THIS.... WE CAN!!!:yes:

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    My response - since leisureworld has no secrets

We're going to talk about it

While I'm the draft guy on Bolttalk between Ray and I, Ray's kinda the head honcho. Leisure pages me a bunch of times about doing the live show, i'll admit its a very interesting concept. Four things
    1. We would need to get a timeslot from TPS to broadcast it live and we can't go too far over it.
    2. Bolttalk had a mock draft show last year that was very successful (with fewer gms partially to make everything go real quick) and I've got some guests lined up already for this year's draft which will be the thursday prior to the NFL Draft. I worry about competition with the two shows.
    3. A draft with 32 people can be very difficult to organize and frankly last couple of years these drafts have dragged out for a few days, we can't exactly broadcast that long. I love these to death and I've been a big fan of the draft on hte boards for a while, its just a matter of arranging everything so it gets done in the timeslot allotted. Not to mention we need to see if Ray and I are free that day.
    4. Ray's sorta the boss along with Thumper and Concudan. Contrary to popular belief my job is pretty much to open my big mouth and say something. If any decision is going to be made it has to be made by hte higher ups.

4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

[​IMG]

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,229
    I am no boss, I am just a 'appy go lucky guy.:tup:

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,229
    There are no problems, just opportunities for quick thinking outside the box. :tup:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    something like this isn't a one person decision that's all

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

"No good deed goes unpunished" - Thread Killer

9. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think it would be nice to incorporate it into the podcast and to have 32+ people involved during the podcast would be HUGE .. Let's take it to the next level guys .. But, obviously will go with whatever is decided.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I suppose the plan also involves having mel kiper as one of the analysts, Or this year get a topless female. I'm sure one of the girls here on the forum would do it..:abq2: :abq1:

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Its a great plan but again there's some other people who might have a say in it not to mention we've got alot of organizing to do with it. It would be an INCREDIBLE coup to pull this off but htere's just alot of factors

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Just a suggestion I have not seen posted (and I am no MOD or Admin) but it has been suggested that if anyone could record a segment, Ray would consider using it on a show.

This leaves the next part in getting it pre-recorded. Why not use the chat room on this site, record what needs to be recorded and then post the show. Set up a date well in advance like you guys are already doing and go for it. Sounds interesting but it takes Ray's blessing because after all, it is his show so with all due respects to the brother, he is the dude to give the nod. :yes:

My idea may be **** I do not know but there it is for you all to kick around. :helm1:

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I hate asking stupid questions like this... but I'd rather ask stupid questions than be ignorant... is there a 24/7 chat room here on bolt talk and how do you get into it? :icon_huh:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    There "was" I should say a chat room here but no one used it so Thumper turned it off.

I am sure it can be turned back on if needed (I was assuming this was an easy task).

15. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Doing a prerecorded show is always an option. This is a HUGE undertaking, especially with 32 GM's. So I'll discuss with Ant and this week and see what we'll do. Thanks for the suggestion leisure.

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I don't know if I'm too late or not but I'll take a team if there's still a spot open.

I somehow always end up being last on board for these things. :icon_shrug:

17. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    what's that make me? Chris Berman or Michael Irvin?

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,229
    The camera man. With a grill like that, you cant be an on screen personality!:icon_tease:

19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Irvin is no longer with ESPN .. :icon_tease: