1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Anti Parker Hater Thread!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, May 7, 2008.

?

What do you think of "Parker Haters?"

Poll closed Jul 6, 2008.
  1. I think they're right.

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. I think they're wrong.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. I think they're pointless.

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I say "if an offer comes up involving trading Parker that will benefit our team, then do it. Otherwise let's keep him."

That's not what these haters are saying. They just want him cut "Ryan Leaf style."

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He's been injured for over a year.

He's been injured every year he's been on the roster except for 1.

He's an average WR who made some nice catches on 3rd downs. In the biggest game of his career, he **** the bed.

I don't care if he stays or goes. There's other, better players on the team worth talking about more.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Im with that

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    There is a difference between that and having ill will for him.

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    EP has always been one of my favorite players but at this point we need hardware. **** made of heavy metals. Rings. Lombardi trophies. Heavy ****. If he can still help us get there cool. If not adios amigo and good luck.

:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I like Parker and have since 2002, I think he's a gutsy player and I love how he always plays as hard as he can. But i think the team is set in enough places that we don't have need for Parker's service. He's a great guy, I wish him all the best, but I don't see where he fits with us

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm confused. Is this an anti Parker thread, or an anti Parker-Hater thread? Also, where is the "This poll is piontless" in the poll?

• Like Like x 1
  8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Those who have posted here so far don't seem to be "Parker haters." In fact, they seem to like Parker but are questioning if he will help us get a Lombardi.
    The "Parker haters" are the few in this forum that have ill will towards him and have that "don't the the door hit you in the *** on the way out" attitude.

This poll for most part is pointless but it's just my way of mocking "Parker haters."

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I voted.

I like Parker but I do not know where he fits in with our other WR's we have.

If he makes the squad it will probably be as the 5th WR.

That is my thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That's another point. If we simply just don't have room for him, that's just how the business goes.

Still just don't understand the ill will that these few posters have for him. :no:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It would have been cool if someone had started an anti-Norv hater thread .... with a poll.

Same **** .... different subject.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Couldn't have said it better. :tup:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Not even close. In fact... wayyyyyyyyyyy off!!!!

How many head coaching offers did Norv turn down before signing with the Chargers?
    I was not the only fan that hated the Norv signing (until proven otherwise.) Rewind back to week three. There was already a "Fire Norv" petition out and fans at Qualcomm let AJ know that they didn't approve of this decision.
    ei: If a team like the Patsies picked up Norv, the fan reaction would have been no different. If a team like the Dolphins picked him up... same fan reaction!!!

If Parker goes elsewhere, I do not think the fans of that team will be angered. In fact, if they're thin at WR... they might even welcome him.

Hey look!!! There's a cow wearing a dress!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

14. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Again, the only one "wayyyyyyyyyyy off!!!!" is you.

It's the same thing.

Anti Norv haters
    Anti Parker haters

Your thread is against people who are against Parker. An Anti Norv hater thread would be against those against Norv. Is it that difficult to understand? How is it different?

15. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    E.P. 4 life!

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This situation reminds me of Gary Plummer. Seems people wanted to see him in the rear view mirror for three seasons before it happened and then he went to SF and got some hardware for his finger.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I already explained.
    Novr's resume before coming here was ALL negative and in the beginning, it looked like we were going to get just what we purchased.
    Parker has some bright points in his resume and can be purchased for a good price.

Also, one WR can't break an entire team. One HC can.
    Is it that difficult to understand?

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It has NOTHING to do with resumes, pets names, favorite colors, ect. Shammy is right. An Anti Norv haters thread would be no different in theory. Of course, you completely missed the point of his post, saw the word NORV, and immediately go on the offensive hating on Norv once again, but that's besides the point.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong.
    Anti Norv haters thread = Anti Parker haters thread. It's the same thing.

Just to be fair, I'm gonna do you a favor and break it down for you: It's not OK for people to hate on Parker, but it's perfectly OK for you to hate on Norv. Isn't that just a bit a little hypocritical of you to be calling out Parker haters when you were hating on the HC last season?

Now I'm sure you're gonna tell me I'm wrong and once again respond with another Norv hating response, so let's have it.

:lol:

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It ALL comes down to this...
    I don't see any reason for hating on Parker. Just reason to question if he'll make a good fit for the direction this team is headed.

There was plenty of reason to be hating on Norv until the post season. The majority of our fans were hating on him. Remember the "Marty" chant when we lost to the Quiefs? That was about 65,000 people.
    Though that time is over and he earned our respect.

Yes, I understand what cow boy was saying.
    Charlie Brown and South Park are the exact same things. They're both animation. Right?

20. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    In my mind, the question is:

"On third down, who would I want as my third WR... Eric Parker or Buster Davis?"

Right this minute, it's Eric Parker. So I'm inclined to keep him. Clearly CC and VJ are our starters, so what's wrong with having a savvy vet in Parker bolstering the corps?

If we can make a trade that helps the team in more ways than that, then hey, I'm all for it. But getting rid of Parker for the sake of getting rid of Parker is a little crazy. Maybe he's not a full-time NFL starter, but he's not expensive, he's a good WR, and he's an asset in the locker room. I'm happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Actually, Charlie Brown is a comic strip.

FAIL

And I saw 65,000 hating on EP when fumbled the punt. 65,000 people hating on anything doesn't justify it. And FTR, anyone who chanted for Marty last year is a goddamn idiot.

You can't be a hater AND call out people for being haters unless you're a hypocrite.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Charlie Brown is also an animation series. Here's one example...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKk9rv2hUfA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKk9rv2hUfA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

PASS

With that said, I guess 1st grade and 12th grade are the same things. They're both school. Right?

Furthermore... this thread is not about being a hater. It's about the purpose or lack of.

Anyone who says "there was no reason to hate on Norv up till week 12" is just flat out in denial. How could you look at us and say "we're playing like a team" before week 12?
    At that time, myself and others were haters with a purpose.

Parker has provided us well despite of that playoff game. That is the only bad game I've seen him have and several other players sucked in that game.
    If trading him (or releasing him) is what's best for this team, so be it but hating on him is hating without purpose.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    No, Charlie Brown is a comic strip that was adapted into cartoon, much like superhero movies are COMIC adapted into movie form. It's source is still a comic strip.
    Actually, they are both school. Well done.

I know what you're trying to insinuate, but you are still missing the point I'm making. You can do this all night if you want "OMG brussel sprouts and filet mignon are both food so they are the same right?!?!" :rolleyes:

:lol: you do know your own thread's title don't you? "The Official Anti Parker Hater Thread!!" You're the king of taking everything literally. It's an ANTI hater thread, so its not about haters hmmm? Ok.

And after week 12 you still refuse to give it up. And just because ereyone is jumping off a cliff doesn't make it smart.

And I agreed with you, so I don't even know why you're bringing this up. I never said he played lousy other than that one game. I'm just saying he's not a clutch as everyone thinks or tries to make him out to be. When it mattered most, he was anything but clutch.
    Only because you don't agree with people's reasoning behind their hatred of him, doesn't make it wrong, much like your hatred of Norv last season. Get it?

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That's what cow boy is insinuating.

Better yet... Deep Throat and Bambie are the same things. They're both movies. :lol: :icon_tease:

I know my own thread's title but you usually don't make a paragraph out of a title. When you see the contents, you see what it's about.

What are you taking about?
    I didn't like Norv before he came here and I hated him even worse up until week 12. So what?
    Now I look at where we finished and he earned my respect.

I know you didn't. This thread was not directed towards you.
    And yes, I get it. This is a free country and you can hate whoever you want to.

Though this thread was more just a mockery as I'm sure you know. :yes:

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree with EVERYTHING mentioned here!!! :yes:

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    geyest thread ever....

I mean WTF over?! This isnt a big deal. It is Parker and his sore toe. It is not like someone calling LT a *****! Geeze get perspective people!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    That sums it up. :yes:

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    :no:

:yes:
    |
    |
    \/

29. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Heh. Buster may wind up changing my mind this season, but Parker's proven himself whereas Buster's shown flashes.

I stand by what I said... as of this moment, I'd rather see Philip throw to Parker on third down instead of Buster.

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What's a "geyest thread?" :icon_shrug:

gey

–adverb
    considerably; very.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gey

So it's the most considerably thread ever?
    The veriest thread ever? :icon_shrug:

As I said earlier "though this thread was more just a mockery."
    Spare the emotions.