1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

THE OFFICIAL BOLTTALK "THANK YOU CHARGERS" Thread!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JTango32, Jan 11, 2009.

1. JTango32

JTango32 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    :flag::flag:

Although the season ended more abruptly than any of us would have liked, I stand up and applaud the San Diego Chargers who gave us a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
    Not many of us thought they would even be in the playoffs, so even if today was not their day, the future is a bright one for the Bolts...

Hey Mr. Sunlight, Gonna outshine your Bright. It's just the beginning of a happy go fun day... Feeling like Sunday!!!

Go CHARGERS Go, 2009!

• Like Like x 2
  2. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Yay!! 09 is the new 08!!

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Thanks for the last 6 games, not the whole season. This season was maddening.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm really tired of hearing that next year is going to be our year. We know that the Chargers are capable of winning it all, but they under performed this season. They got hot and lucky to even be in the playoffs.

We have a good core of talent, but I think there needs to be a little retooling. Boastful players that claim they are going to break the single season INT record then play like **** all season won't cut it. Players making the same mental lapses over and over won't cut it.

We may need to bring in some new talent to take the next step. Whatever we need to do, I sure hope it happens in '09. Go Bolts!

• Like Like x 1
  5. JTango32

JTango32 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    The Chargers may have underperformed, but they came up big down the stretch. Keep in mind that the hochuli game was a win in the win column then, and leaving EVERYTHING else the same, the Chargers qualify for the playoffs in Week 16, and rendering that last game against denver moot.
    This team has had to do without their best defensive player, Merriman, which made Cromartie's boast even more preposterous due to the lack of pressures and sacks the Chargers were getting. The ability to get the Chargers Defense off the field was crucial at many times during the season and it cost the Bolts today at the end of the quarter and then the beginning of the third, but plenty will be addressed this off-season regarding these issues.

For now, I will relish the third in a row AFC West Title, three consecutive years in the playoffs, four out of the last five in the playoffs. I see a healthy Rivers, LT, Gates, Cromartie and Merriman, Cooper for all sixteen games... It could very well be next year the Chargers' year!

6. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm thankful they didn't give up and went out and got the division and then beat the hottest team in Round 1 to prove they belonged. They got something positive to build on for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'm glad this season is over, this was too goddamn much for one year

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'm thankful Jay Cutler still doesn't know what it means to start a playoff game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :yes:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well Said!!! :tup:

11. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182
    Good yr chargers... we will improve next YR... merriman and LT healthy + we will sign Sproles...

• Like Like x 1
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well, so much for the "Thank you, Chargers" thread. :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    You know, this is how I feel. Like, thank god it's just over.

It has really been just a rough season and hopefully, please, let them learn from it. And maybe I should learn from it too. Like, be thankful that they're even in a position to be a contender, when so many other teams are horrible or can't even win one game. And maybe I won't go screaming at my tv so much when they miss plays or whatever. Really, it's just a game and I can't stress my life out to such a degree over something like this. I think I got an ulcer.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If not, then next year.
    If not then, the year after and the year after and the year after. :rolleyes:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Absolutley! I am tickled to death to see you comming around! Way to be man! Welcome back! :icon_banana:

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I've been a Bolt fan over 40 years and it's always been next year. Some folks just don't get it.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah it was always next year for every fan until their team won one.

Then guess what?! It was right back to 'next year' all over again. That is why I disagree with anyone who says seasons are failures without the Superbowl win. Just makes no sense to me.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So then you believe Norv is going to win a Superbowl with the Chargers? :icon_shrug:

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Look loser, I've been saying we can win all year long, you on the other hand have been preaching the end day's. Guess what loser, we made the playoffs when you wrote us off for dead.:bolt:

20. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm watching far too much Armageddon Week on the History channel - Superbowl win in 2010 & 2012!

21. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    With what I want is for Norv to be fired and what the San Diego Chargers are going to do are 2 totally different things. They definitely know more than me on how to run an NFL Franchise.

I am just happy that we made the playoffs. I do want more in following years.

Is that unrealistic. It can be.

Just my opinion there.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Guess what loser... 8-8 is not winning.
    Look at our division. Making the playoffs thanks to being in a crappy division is absolutely zero progress!

23. Mrbroom

Mrbroom BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I too thank SD for yet another great season. Though it had many up's and downs (more than I would have liked to see) I am still proud to sport my Charger colors amongst the sea of Faider fans here in the Los Angeles area.

Note to AJ.. Draft that cat (ILB) from USC.. He's the next Junior Seau..

• Like Like x 1
  24. JTango32

JTango32 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Don't think Malaluga (sp?) is going to be available when the Chargers draft.

For those of you who look at the Chargers season being underwhelming at 8-8, and looking at the weak division, etc. etc., quit being pessimists, or where you NOT cheering when they made the playoffs, THEN beat indy?

I did not put this thread together to diss the Chargers about not making it to the Super Bowl again, then also add what to fix in '09.
    This was a thread to thank the Chargers for giving us football into January when mostly everyone thought the season WAS OVER in November... THANK YOU CHARGERS!!!!

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Thank you Chargers!

To have made it so far without Merriman and LT is a fantastic accomplishment. Regardless of what people thought and/or said at the beginning of the year, when all things are considered, we really did overachieve.

There is an unfortunately short list of things in the whole world that inspire me to get excited and feel passion and just give a flying **** in general. Thank you Chargers for helping to bring some pleasure, some pain, and some emotion to my existence!

:bolt: