1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Brandon Siler is a BEAST Thread...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Dude was HUGE today. Anyone else besides me think he should play more?

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Way to go CBF!...... He seems to be playing lots already. The guy is nails. A great example of a promising but v young late round draft pick brought around slowly. Boy is he kickin *** now. Love him!.

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Goal Line Stand!

Enough said! :icon_twisted: :icon_toast: :icon_twisted:

Siler deserves a Start because of the Stand.

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    dudes a phucking savage

5. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94

Oh yeah! I definitely think he should! He's an animal. All heart and drive! Kudos to him!

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Siler won the game for us today. :yes:

7. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup:

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Siler is hungry and it shows! Start him and watch it rub off on the rest of the "D".

9. RiversRules

RiversRules BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Beast!!!!!

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Huge steal in the draft. Can't believe he fell to the 7th round, the guy is a hitter.

11. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    The guy was advertised as a potential special teams player who could help against the run, but struggle in pass coverage.

The guy we drafted is a special teams stud who is a ROCK against the run, looks good in coverage, and plays with a TON of heart and determination.

I am more impressed with this guy each and every week he dons the blue and gold.

12. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Its crazy he was touted as one of the best LBs in college that year. Then the Combine and Pro days and whatever must've knocked him down a bunch, cuz he went from potential 2nd rounder to 7th. We didn't even want a LB cuz of drafting Waters in the 3rd, but he was such good value that late we picked a gem.

Noone ever really said why he dropped so much...

13. Boltsessive

Boltsessive Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Something about his 40 time and his lack of flexibility, but he's a gamer, and was a leader on a national championship team. He's a bargain!

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Siler was great today!!! :bolt:

15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Godzilla thinks this guy is a beast!

That goal line stand was awesome and Siler was right in the middle of it all.

Here's a line from Tim Dobbins from the ESPN Rapid Reaction that sums it up:

"I don't know what they were thinking but after the second time you gotta think, 'Don't run that play no more,''' Chargers linebacker Tim Dobbins said. "I don't know if they watched film or what.

I love it!! Now let's beat the Bengals!!

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I have no idea why cooper is starting over polk. Cooper cannot for the life of him strip a hold from a o-lineman and that is one of the big reasons were getting run on.

My guess is cooper sounds smart in the video sessions and d-meetings so the coaches think he knows what he's doing. But you put him on the field and he cannot break a hold from a block. The reason he seems to be in on plays is teams are purposely attacking his area. And sometimes a ball will hit him and it appears he's done something. Coaches have to wake up with this.:yes:

RIght now I think our most pressing needs for next year if we can sign most of the guys we have now again for next year is find a good d-lineman and inside linebacker. Our big problem. Which is pretty obvious is we can't stop the run.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I do. Polk isn't a Charger. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    That's no excuse. He should be starting!

• Like Like x 1
  19. LA_BoltFan

LA_BoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Siler is definently tough and i like how he plays with lots of intesity I saw some of this against the browns game and DAM! why havent we had this guy play more!? i guesse they were saving him for latter in the season

20. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'm not going to try and be the DC. RR plays Siler when and where he thinks it will best benefit the team and I am happy with that. If RR thinks Siler should start, then he will start. :abq1::abq2:

21. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I recall some chatter about him having a bit of an attitude too. Looks like he has done some serious growing up and maturing in his first few years. Ironic isn't it that the 3rd round pick ended up being the troublesome bum.

I agree with everyone calling out Coop. He is a lightweight compared to Siler and the MC (as in hammer Dobbins).

I know the drop of the possible INT yesterday wasn't an easy catch but he sure needs to stop the dropsies or he will be dropped to the bench.

22. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Cooper is a different type of player than Dobbins and Siler, and IMO, should not warrant replacement from either.

If I were Cooper, I'd see a good coverage LB, speedy Kevin Burnett, over my shoulder and be a little worried. We all know that Cooper's game at its highest level is excellent, but it has been some time since he has shown it.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Coop is the leader of the D and is responsible for calling out the plays. Just watch him during the game instructing his teammates. He may not be the biggest, fastest, hardest hitter, but we are a better D with Coop in the D backfield.

That said, OMFG Siler was AWESOME yesterday. Permanent starter IMO.

24. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Trust me, I am a large Coop supporter and know how valuable his 90 tackles, 8 PDs, and constant presence as a defensive leader mean to our defense.

I am just saying that his instruction could likely be replaced by someone like Weddle and his physical skills could be equated to those of Burnett, so although I admire his value to the team, my point is that he should be playing as if his spot were actually on the line with 100% effort each game, and I sometimes do not see that from him.

25. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I like INTs like everyone else, but lets remember that a dropped INT = pass defensed, thus keeping an opponent from completing what could be a back breaking reception.

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Cosign... :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    A lot of people, including the coaches say that Coop is the smartest LB we have.

28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_huh:

Coop contributed as much as Siler yesterday... playing on the other side of the LOS, two pass deflections. Polk was a total ****ing scrub. I thought the Siler/Cooper/Dobbins rotation was excellent. If we were soft against the run it's because our 3 man line is not eating up bodies and clearing the lanes for the LBs to wreak havoc. :yes:

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    To be fair, I think foober meant to say Siler when he posted Polk.

At least, that's what I'm hoping.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    This