1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Official JaMarcus Russell holdout thread

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Electric Chair, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Are you banned yet? :lol:

2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I have a life time ban from that place. :lol:

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Welcome to the Club

4. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I told them if Jamarcus didn't sign with them he wouldn't get sacked 80 billion times.

5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Nice one..keep rubbing it it:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I have full red bars and I think I pissed off one of the mods...:icon_twisted: It's hilarious over there, their skin isn't as thick as I thought it would be. They even fell back on the "the bolts are historically pathetic" insult they always dig up from the backyard. I'm pretty sure they are about to ban me.

7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

You should ask some of those Einstein’s over there, why did they even draft Russell. The Raiders can talk $$$$$ with anyone before the draft. They should have asked what it would take to sign, before the draft.

Then again maybe Russell just realized the Raiders do not have an Offensive line, and he now wants the $$$$$ up front BEFORE he gets killed.

8. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...19/mmqb/3.html

6. I think, speaking of Raider QBs, I was of a mind over the weekend to say absolutely, positively that the JaMarcus Russell holdout would last well into the season, and perhaps into the offseason because the two sides are at a huge impasse. And because I'm told Russell really doesn't want to play for the Raiders anyway. That's the biggest open secret in the league right now. Russell was never crazy about going to Team Turmoil with that leaky line, ever-changing coaching staff and weird front office. He watched as the Raiders unemotionally dealt for Culpepper. And Russell knows that even if he reported tomorrow, there's a good chance this would be a redshirt year anyway.

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

9. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    They claim on RF.net that it's not about the money...

• Like Like x 1
  10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    They are right, with that offensive line the Raiders have, its about living.

• Like Like x 1
  11. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    Jamarcus Russell will re-enter the draft, so he can play for a REAL NFL team. One who's shot at going to the Super Bowl isn't stuck in the 80's.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    But if he gets drafted in the 3rd round, how much money do you think he will lose?

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yup. He'd sort of like to keep his career before it even starts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ESD Bolts

ESD Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    yup, Jamarcus just wanted enough money to support himself in case 56 or 95 ends his career.

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Just like 56 did with Preist Holmes

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Maybe the Raiders should have read this FootballOutsiders analysis of the QBs in this year's draft back in April of this year.

I don't like some of FootballOutsiders' analyses, especially their definition of a "stop" in the use of quantifying the overvalued tackle stat, but other parts are good.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/04/17/ramblings/nfl-draft/5082/

Quite an eye opener for any team that considers Jamarcus Russell. :lol:

But wait, oh yeah, his cannon arm makes up for all that I guess. :unsure:

:flag: :bolt:

17. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Out of curiosity, what is the longest hold out ever?

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    My guess is Bo Jackson.

He was the overall #1 pick of the 1986 draft by the Buccaneers, but went and played baseball for the Royals. The Raiders then selected him in the 7th round of the 1987 draft.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    IMO...........

JaMarcus does not want to be a Raider. I think he knows that if he does in fact have to go back into the Draft, he is going to lose his #1 Draft slot Money. I do not see another Team wasting a high draft choice on him.

20. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Good one.

The funniest part of this whole thing is Raider Fans. A large percentage of them no longer even want him. They cut their third rounder and they can't sign their first rounder, and yet they really think that they will be exponentially better. I agree that they will be a little better (4-12), but they have no talent offensively. This team would be better with USC's offense. And when given the opportunity to acquire talent, they either draft poorly, or in this case, can't even sign their guy. :icon_huh:

I hope CJ lights those fools up week one to show those face painting clowns what they could have had if they were smart. Jamarcus is going to be a bust once they finally bring him in. He lacks the intangibles to ever be great. Think about LSU last year- They had an AMAZING D. They had two first round receivers (and another one that just hasn't come out yet). They just had a QB that couldn't get the job done, yet was able to parlay that failure of a season into the #1 pick based on his performance against a horribly overrated Notre Dame team. Al loves Bowl Game MVP's.

I hope they iron this out soon. His rookie year is a waste, and this guy is going to cripple their cap for years. I look forward to facing him twice a year.

21. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3006376

22. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I agree. I hope they do sign JaBustus .....

The Raiders only hope for this season is that the Chiefs actually are as bad as they look on paper. That will be the only reason why Oakland doesn't reoccupy the cellar.

• Like Like x 1
  23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    tha'ts been the quiet secret - Jamarcus did not want to be selected by the raiders from the get go because of the complete front office confusion and lack of cohesion in the coaching/team. So he wasn't happy and then the Raiders, who haven't been offering much as a contract, gave him an excuse to holdout.

I think he'd be drafted but he'd lose the chance to basically start and would spend two-three years now working his way up any sort of a depth chart.

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    But he will also lose a lot of $$$$$$$. The #1 choice almost always gets the best contract. He will not get that next year. I am sure he will be sooner or later be a starter. How good he is, well we all know that not everyone makes the cut in the NFL, so the only way we will know how good he is, is to watch him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.