1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Where is Jay Going and What Will They Get For Him Thread!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Mar 16, 2009.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I was thinking maybe Denver and Philly work out a deal to trade Cutler for McNabb and a Third rounder.

Of course there is always the possiblility that Denver goes for a different position and picks up a nice stud RB for Cutler and let Chris Simms take the starting position.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I can't imagine how htey'll get a first rounder for this when Cassel got a second rounder

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Cassel wasn't a Pro-Bowler.

But I would say that if the Broncos want picks, Detroit is their best bet, because they could probably get the #1 overall pick for him. Then I would enjoy watching Cutler get thrashed at the hands of the Chicago and Minnesota pass-rush twice a year playing behind that terrible offensive line.

If they want a new quarterback, then I have no idea where they could get one for him. Philly maybe, as suggested by the above poster.

4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Heh .. I'm not sure that Cutler was really a pro-bowler either IMO. The media just propped him up as the 2nd coming .. I'm wondering if teams will have a problem with the attitude that he has been showing over the past month. To me, this is a huge red flag so I'm not sure Denver will get that #1 pick.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Cutler is probably worth Detroit's second rd. pick, which is pretty much another first rounder and 4th round pick.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    It doesnt matter where he goes, this is what he is worth

[​IMG]

12 bags of bull sh**

• Like Like x 1
  7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Columbus Destroyers

A case of Crystal Light and a well worn copy of Brokeback Mountain

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    To Vanderbilt for a self absorbed QB to be named later and the next real NFL prospect they create

9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    The failed trade that would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay and brought Cassell to Denver already established Cutler's trade value-- a switch of 1st rounders and another first day pick.

If anything, though, Jay has torpedoed his trade value by acting as hysterical as 'Jack' on Will & Grace, and forcing the Broncos to try to deal him. :icon_rofl:

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    3-5 different teams over the next 6-8 years. Somewhere between the flame outs of Leaf and George.

11. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The big question is "Why should i care?" :icon_tease:

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    If he were to be traded I'd imagine Detroit, Minnesota or Tampa...

Tampa seems to be the team du jour around the web, but considering his diabetes the heat/humidity might not be a good thing for him.

I still think McLovin and Bowen tell him to STFU and keep him, like Cincy did with OchoCinco and AZ is/has done with Anquan. Never a good idea for the inmates to run the asylumn and it'll send a clear message that no one is bigger than the team :icon_shrug: or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Rep time

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    to Detroit for the 20th pick

another question is...will you still hate him if he goes to Detroit or another NFC team? I will :yes:

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LOL, you watch Will and Grace.

:lol:

16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I will always hate that whiney SOB. :icon_twisted:

17. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    If he goes to Detroit, it won't be for the 20th pick, it'll be for the first. If, IF Denver trades him, they need to get a quarterback in return. There won't be a quarterback available at #20 that would satisfy Denver.

18. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    John Clayton from ESPN suggested Cleveland would be a good fit.

Browns fans nearly **** themselves, they were NOT HAPPY, they wan't nothing to do with him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Brady Quinn is their savior, they don't want to lose him.

20. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The donk fans over at the F2FA site are thinking he would go to the Browns in exchange for Brady Quinn and Sean Rodgers and are thinking it would improve the team. haha! McDipshit and Cutler are both responsible for ripping that franchise apart.

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    after watching everything unfold, IMO...........

He is stuck in Denver, no one is going to be willing to take on his ego! He hasnt won anything and yet he acts like he is the League MVP!

22. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    yea i hope he has to stay in Denver and hes so pissed that he only wins 2 games next year...:abq1:

23. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    BILLS FANS GOING BONKOS FOR CUTLER
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2009, 10:39 a.m.
    First T.O., now J.C.?

The rumor of agent Bus Cook being in Buffalo on Monday has prompted Bills fans to collectively hyperventilate regarding the possibility of a trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler for Bills quarterback Trent Edwards.

It all started during Brad Riter’s WECK radio show on Monday, with former Bills offensive lineman Ruben Brown linking Cook’s presence in Buffalo to a possible passer-for-passer trade.

The audio can be heard at Brad’s site, in segment two of the Ruben Brown spot.

If this one isn’t accurate, the Bills need to say so quickly, before it takes on a life of its own.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Can I vote 'hell in a handbasket', and 'squat'?

25. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126

$10 says Trent Edwards isn't throwing a huge hissy-fit in response to these rumors. :lol:

26. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    With Jay's ongoing arrogance and apparent unwillingness to handle things like the professional he (allegedly) is, he's driving his trade value down on a daily basis.

I believe that Denver pretty much established Cutler's trade value when the three team deal involving the Pats, Buics and Broncos fell through-- the Broncos essentially had agreed to a swap of 1st round picks, plus another first day pick, plus Matt Cassell.

I have to believe he's worth less than that now, even though Bronco fans over at Orange Mange are convincing themselves that the Lions would give up the #1 overall pick for Jay.... and then some. :icon_rofl:

Grab some popcorn, because the fallout extends to Tony Sheffler and Brandon Marshall, too, each of whom has made noises about not playing for the Broncos if Cutler leaves. :yes:

27. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Wouldn't that be fun to watch? :tup:

28. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807

I'd be freaking out too if in one offseason my team picked up TO and Cutler - while trading away Trent Edwards, an up and coming QB.

Holy crap - watching Cutler try to yell at TO for dropping a pass? We're gonna need some more popcorn :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
  30. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    He's not coming to Detroit.

Culpepper is their starting QB this year. they will either pick that Stafford kid or groom one of the Drew kids this year

I think Saskatchawan is looking for a new QB

• Like Like x 1