1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Only Good Thing I can take from this season is....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    the more we lose, the more AJ and Deano will hopefully consider firing Norval. I mean after what I saw this past Sunday, I'm even questioning even if Norv is a good Offensive Coordinator now seriously.

Just venting some more sorry.....:mad:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I doubt Norv goes anywhere unless a new owner comes in.

Of course a new owner might also bring bad news...

3. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    I agree with you but Deano loves Smitty and Smitty loves Norval. Only way we get rid of these guys is new ownership which seems to mean LA is likely. It's a Catch 22.

But I'm done with both of them. Smitty's one great draft was eons ago and he's done a pizz poor job of restocking the cupboards. I want a GM and owner not afraid to use FA, that better manages the draft, and manages to put forth SOME PR skills. I agree Norv sucks as an OC, his offense and gameplans and playcalling simply cannot accomodate a strong pass rush. He's stubborn to a fault, adjusts poorly, and on and on.

This administrationn has peaked and is in decline.

Time for a change. They didn't get er done, and they're going in the wrong direction. I see nothing to make me believe either of them will change or adjust their approaches to the team's benefit.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Those who want AJ Smith and Norv and Ron Rivera and everybody gone is about to get their wish.

Patience.

The new owner will clean house.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    i dont want rivera gone but i wont be overly upset if he goes with everyone else.

same with aj

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If this team goes to anyone, AEG would be the best home for you all. If you have not read the bios on the company and CEO Tim Leiwiki - wow....christs sakes.....impressive....but no football experience. Everything they touch turns to gold it seems and they are stinking rich. They need no financing from anyone to get a stadium done and have said so. If it happens, then I am happy for you and those who continue.

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Rivera should stay. The man has done dividends with non superstar defenders. You can't want to fire him after one bad game. It happens. I'm surprised you didn't mention Crosby.

8. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I think the only positive I can take away is that P Riv is a stub, and I nailed down the DirecTV satellite position during tailgates. Good times...

9. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Ryan Mathews has gotta start the remiaining games IMO. Tolbert was poor in the last game and we gotta find out before the end of the year if Mathews is our future!!!

RUN RUN RUN forest...errrm...i mean MATHEWS!!!

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I figured we'd have a down year eventually. The team is actually still pretty solid. I still think the chargers worst problem is they are in san diego. Life is too easy there. Its lala land. They need to go to fresno or stockton to get tougher. (half way joking here).

We could have done better with our 1st round picks of late. Though I still have hopes for matthews if they'll pad him up alot. Where we really started going wrong was the buster davis draft. That set us back a bit.

Really just need a two or three more real stud football players and a mean enviroment to get the team tough.

11. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    We need to invest higher draft picks on the lines!

Clary is fine...but we need a stud Right Tackle who is a mean SOB...plus we could do with a bigger, more physcial centre as I think Hardwick plays too finese. Vasquez needs to step up or risk being moved to a backup role

The D-line needs a massive upgrade! We have no superstars on that D-Line. Garay has played well but Castillo etc... have not shown enough after their promising starts. Rotation is all well and good but most of our guys are slightly better than backups...no stars or at least nobody that scares opposing Olines!

12. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Games are won and lost in the trenches!!

13. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    We need BEEF, BEEF AND MORE BEEF!!!

14. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Is stub good or bad? Or did you mean to type stud and you have dyslexia?

15. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I said this days ago. Tim Leiweke doesn't mess around. He's a get it done guy and his connections are solid. My only question is why would they want to move the team to a city that is predominantly full of Raider fans? I am hoping that he has purchased his part of the team to keep them in SD and move them into a brand new downtown stadium. The massive projects he has built have gone up overnight. I kid you not. I watched it happen in LA.

16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,738
    You mean, back to Boulevard?

17. Old School SD Fan

Ratings:
    +13

Ask Trumpy how many years he and I have been crying for that, and not with 4-7 round picks.

18. Old School SD Fan

Ratings:
    +13

Well, the plus side of the strategy is that the Chargers are currently the closest to L.A. and the stars align just right for the purchase & move.

The neg is the L.A. homies won't let go of Raider black and that image.

Old Al has 1.5 feet in the grave, you'd think HE'D be thinking sale by now, huh? Moving the Raiders back makes the most sense to me.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If AEG buys the team as Fabiani said, fans should worry. Magic Johnson just partnered with AEG so the stage is set. AEG wants a deal done by the end of FEB 2011 with some NFL team. Dean says the team will not exercise the escape clause which does not happen for a few more months and in the mean time, things can change such as ownership. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

20. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    DOH! I meant stud. woops, lol...

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    and a new head coach

B4L forever

22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    same here now that the LT era is over

but I feel for PR

23. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

As much as I hate Norv with a burning passion....he's not going anywhere. The Chargers are notoriously cheap, they don't want to play 2 head coaches, and we just extended Norv for 4 years, which means he's owed a lot of money. A contract that ironically ends the same year AJ's does.

Also if you fire your coach at the end of the year there is a chance he doesn't even meet his players until just a week before the season, given the CBA situation....or at all if there is no football next year.

If we go 6-10 maybe....but I highly doubt it, and I guarantee Ron Rivera would be all but a lock.

24. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I cant help but stick to what I Mentaly and Vocally said when I signed up with this team that was the 2004 Chargers, that I would be DIEhard. I will have to remain that way for sake of my beleif of what it is to be a fan or to be a *fairweather* fan. I will be with this ship until its sinking day. Luckily I cant see this team not resurfacing as a force so long as the NFL exists. Alot has to do with 17 being the controller of this team for years.

The sad part is with the way the NFL is going: lockout, safety rule changes, OT rules, 18 game seasons, how much more will follow these founding principle changes??
    IMO the NFL has gotten more and more protected (soft) and could use a good reverse mentalitay thinking. IMO take the helmets off the players go back to light leather helmets and players will again begin to learn the missing art of Tackling vs leading with their helmet/body for a big hit/stop rather than a solid stopage of the play.

So the question is does the NFL start to SUCK too much before I live to see a CHARGER SB title? If they ever make it that far in my fantime. I havent given up all hope that they could remain the SD chargers, but just doesnt ring the same bell lately anyway.

The good to take from this season is ther is TRUE pairity in the NFL. FOR NOW, 18 game season imo screws alot up. I keep thinking back to the Rams and how they were less than a score per game away from a 4-0 start. WT F is that about?? My team to cheer for but not expect much from Tampa Bay suddenly has turned into a team that can win more than lose. I would say its still a year early for that, but can beleive how/why thye are on a fast track. For all his biggest negatives comming out *as a puncher* Blount has been a very GREAT contributor to TBs Offenseive attack. It took them a few months to figure out they should run him more often, but they still are in contention and I love it.

SD is still in it and I cant beleive it all comes down to this KC game, of all games. Walking out of Arrowhead on Sept 13th, I was telling my friend the Cheif fan then just wait we will make this right in SD. I cant beleive how much now the game has come down to a win or go home game even for KC. They cant lose 2 games and SD imo is a LOCK.