1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The podcast

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DenverBolt67, Feb 6, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I just got done listening to the podcast, some people, including the hosts are so uninformed. They mentioned the interviews on XX Radio, but I don't think they listened to them. LT Specifically said it has NOTHING to do with the money, he wants to be in a situation where he can have success and have a chance at a ring. He isn't going to a place like Buffalo.

I heard someone to most uninformed opinions I have heard in a long time. The only part that was correct is that he doesn't want to be here any more. He doesn't like or respect Norv, nor does he believe Norv has any understanding on how to use him properly

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Flaming the admin/podcast host in a new thread is going to go over very well. :lol:

3. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    There goes the whole 'mentoring the young guys' thing. ;)

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    I think perhaps you should listen again. People (such as myself) were expressing our opinions. We were discussing if the teams would pay for LT, not how much LT would demand.

I specifically hypothesized that there are teams who want to bring fans into the stadium who would pay LT more. If you feel that is an uninformed opinion, that is your right. However, perhaps you could put forth another 'opinion' discussing which 'superbowl bound' teams want to pay LT, or has the need of an LT rather then attack the whole pod cast in the method you chose to.

Another option is perhaps you could call in and bring the information you poses to those poor souls who obviously don't have it.

Umm kay?

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The fact of the matter is, money has nothing to do with him wanting to be here or not, and it will not play an effect on where he decides to go. He isn't going to a place like Buffalo or Jacksonville. He is going somewhere where he feels like he can have success running the ball and has a shot at a ring.

Fact of the matter is he know he doesn't fit Norv's system, and wants to go somewhere that he fits in. It has nothing to do with money

By the way, I love the podcast and listen every week, but I don't listen live, so calling in isn't an option. But on this case, you guys were totally off the ball.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    You are welcome to your opinion, but this is one of the naive posts I have ever seen.

Wake up and smell the printing press, LT will not play for free. He probably will not have his choice of teams and will have to look at which team has the best offer for him. That is the bottom line.

I love LT, respect what he has done for the community and the team. But lets not canonize him and call him a saint.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. For me, I wish LT would just stay right here and retire.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    We might have to next year. :icon_tease:

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He won't work for free, I am not saying that. I am saying his unwillingness to take a pay cut in San Diego, doesn't mean he won't be willing to take a pay cut somewhere else. The money he is offered by other teams will only have a very small part in his decision. His decision will be based on how successful he feels he will be.

He will go somewhere else, take a pay cut, and be happier in a system where he can have success. He will not have success in San Diego, and he knows it. And isn't willing to take less money so that he can spend another year running into the back of a poor blocking line while running a lame and predictable running play

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    I think we all agree on that. What I was alluding to is that a team (such as Buffalo and Jacksonville) would be willing to pay him more to bring the fans in.

I think most people here love LT, and want him to retire a Charger. Money will be part of the equation.

To be honest, I think LT's best chance at a superbowl ring is right here in SD.

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    And what I am saying is he won't go to Buffalo or Jacksonville because the amount of money they are offering is irrelevant. He will only got to a contender that he feels he will have success with. He isn't TO who is only out for the money. If he had a choice between Indi or NO at $1 mil a year, or $4 mil with Buffalo, I have no doubt in my mind he would take less to be with a winning organization IF he feels he will be utilized in a manner that will keep him happy.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Houston

They're not at the top of the list of Super Bowl contenders, but they have a good enough squad that I can see him thinking they have a shot and (this is the kicker) they're probably the team that would most want to focus their run game on him. Plus, they're close to home for him.

Another possibility is Philly.

I'd begrudgingly include New England but I'm not sure LT would want to go there. But who knows? he may get over it if he thinks it gets him a shot at a ring.

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    All are possibilities. Fact of the matter is, he will nto go to a team he doesn't deem a contender, no matter how much they offer because as I said, it isn't about the money

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Sorry, I dont believe that anyone can guess at what will ultimately drive LT to sign with another team. I understand your opinion on the matter, but when it comes to putting ink to paper I am not so sure that the dollar will not enter into the equation.

If that makes me uninformed, so be it.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Time will tell. We will all know within a couple months. But with the amount of times that he has said that winning a SB is his priority, I don't see him going to a garbage team like Buffalo or Jacksonville. If he does, then I am wrong. I just don't see it.

By the way, as long we have a bunch of "me first" players like Cro and Phillips, we aren't winning a SB. Hopefully the attitude of our locker room changes this off season, because the attitude lead to the mistakes that cost us the game against the Jets. Well, that and bad play calling by Norv and a mental midget of a kicker. It was a team loss

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Money talks. I wouldn't say it's not a factor at all.

That being said, I'd be willing to bet he'd take less money to play for a contender than he would to play for a crummy team.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    One can argue that LT is being a "me first" player by trying to take the first train out of San Diego because he doesn't like the way they're using him.

All problems aside, San Diego is still a contender and if LT just wants to play for a contender he should have no problem staying put.

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Not if you don't feel respected or wanted. The only reason LT wasn't cut last year was that Spanos jumped in and made AJ work out a deal because it would have been a PR nightmare to release him. This year, not so much.

Is LT being Me first, hell yeah. But only because he doesn't feel the team wants him in the first place.